Dahua Ultra Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW8232E-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys

Need a support for the RTSP for this camera.

My program is currently setup to access a Hikvision camera through RTSP. with the following line:
videoStreamAddress = "rtsp://admin:1qaz@192.168.3.162:554//Streaming/Channels/101?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1";

I try the following with IPC-HFW8232E-Z camera:
videoStreamAddress = "rtsp://admin:1qaz@WSX@192.168.3.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0"; But not work well.

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

the URL is ..... Username:pass@IP

You have the @ twice

Try: "rtsp://admin:1qaz@192.168.3.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0";

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Tried, That still not working.I notices the mapping failed on the setting below.
Does it matter ? I play around with the setting and is not able to effect the "mapping failed".

upload_2018-6-28_15-5-16.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Tried, That still not working.I notices the mapping failed on the setting below.
Does it matter ? I play around with the setting and is not able to effect the "mapping failed".

View attachment 30967
finally got it working. The line is:
videoStreamAddress = "rtsp://admin:2wsx#EDC@192.168.3.108:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0";
It could be due to the password that contain "@".
I change the password without it. It work. Thank you!

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That doesn't matter, except you want to access the camera from the internet.

Perhaps your used system doesn't supper http-digest-auth. Dahua only accept http-digest-auth, http-basic-auth isn't supported (you remember our conversion on ali? ;) )

Just try the URL with VLC. If it works, the URL is right.

EDIT: ah, ok ;)

enilm

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out. I have the wire for this camera running tru the basement. I was recently doing some work in the basement framing and putting up drywall. Didn't realize til end of day that this camera was offline. I tried logging in to the ip address but it won't even show up. I tried to ping the ip address and doesn't work.

Weird thing is that at night I can see the infrared lights turning on. Can this still be getting power? Is there anything else I can do before I take down camera and try it with another cable? Sucks that this is the furthest camera from my computer, don't really feel like running another wire.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out. I have the wire for this camera running tru the basement. I was recently doing some work in the basement framing and putting up drywall. Didn't realize til end of day that this camera was offline. I tried logging in to the ip address but it won't even show up. I tried to ping the ip address and doesn't work.

Weird thing is that at night I can see the infrared lights turning on. Can this still be getting power? Is there anything else I can do before I take down camera and try it with another cable? Sucks that this is the furthest camera from my computer, don't really feel like running another wire.
Make a hard reset on the camera and then check again. The IP address defaulted is 192.168.1.108

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hi Enilm,

Is the cable CCA?

If
1) Everything worked fine before the framing / drywall work was done.
2) After the drywall work as finished it was no longer working.

Then I highly suspect a cabling issue.

This is one reason I really like the N+1+ cable pull idea. You'll always have an extra cable to test / switch to.

Check the cable - could have been pinched in the process .. pulled .. hit by a dry wall screw.. other.

If you have a good cable tester try that.

While power is being transmitted, it is still possible for the end points or even just one wire damaged. ( another reason why to avoid CCA and undersized wires - they are more likely to get damaged )

enilm

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the hard reset. I heard camera motor restarting and all but no signal. Default IP wasn't working either.

I decided to take camera down and connect it with new cable near Switch and it worked fine back on default IP.

I guess cable might have gotten pinched in the renovation. I decided to start running a whole new cable. It's a pita but gotta do it.

thanks guys

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Maybe you cut it a little lol.

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anyone know what the latest firmware for this cam is ?

defog drop down change def won't presist on the version i'm on. (2.600.0000.13.R, Build Date: 2017-06-20)

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Manufacturers web site.
i'd normally agree with you. however 2.600.0000.13.R seems newer than I any version i can find on their website (which is often wrong/outofdate ..etc ..etc)

and maybe my google foo is off.