Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What all the extra files for in the zip? typically you just have one file for the firmware?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know. The support guy just wrote, "Please extract all files to the same folder and select the file named "DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.600.0000000.7.R.170812.bin" to start the upgrade process." Then I updated the PTZ version on my new 52C230UNI-A to one that I had installed on the SD52C225U-HNI. Remember, this Dahua support guy is supporting the 52C230UNI-A. Both cameras have 52C in the model number. Maybe that's significant in regards to the firmware they use. Everything seems perfect using that firmware on the SD52C225U-HNI. A difference noticed is that the tripwires flicker during playback but that seems like a mute issue if even an issue at all. Camera seems perfect, well except for the 24/7 writing to the FTP logs every 12 seconds. I'm learning to accept that.
Did you install this firmware on your camera?
No I have not. Looking around on their website, it appears this firmware is for several PTZ models, including mine, based upon a PDF I found with a list of supported cams. But, I've not installed it. I currently have the 6/30 firmware, and the distance IR does not trigger correctly while zooming. Of course, you don't have built-in IR so you wouldn't know if this is fixed. :)

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just got this camera in and I tried updating the firmware to [NTSC]DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.600.0000.3.R.20170630 via both web interface and config tool. Web interface just stops responding and config tool tells me wrong password.

EDIT: I figured out that for some reason IP config tool has a password character limit that does not apply to said camera. Just in case someone else has this issue also.

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Smart Plan. IVS. png.png I read through the thread and updated to the V2.600.0000000.7.R.170812. Also did a factory reset, still no IVS. probably because Smart plan only shows an option for HeatMap.

So did we lose settings and IVS with the newest firmware or have people managed to get it back?

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It appears you need to set a present.
Then click add plan.
Where do I do this? With the other cameras, you just had to go under Smart Plan and select IVS but there is no option other than HeatMap.

preset.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
@rufunky - Look at the prompt when you select Add Plan. It's asking you to select a Preset, so looney2ns is correct. To set a Preset look at the left column of options and select the PTZ option, then FUNCTION. In this menu you will have all kinds of options, one of them being Preset. Set one up as a default, then continue on to the Smart Plan setup.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got it! Thank you weigle. Does this bring back all the settings as well, like calibration? I do not have the camera in front of me at the moment.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to take a glance at that PDF that has the models listed that are supposed to work with this firmware. I'm making some effort to stick with cameras that have allot of models using the same firmware hoping that issues will get resolved faster if any. Looking at getting a fourth Dahua IP PTZ. Would you share a link to that PDF please? Thanks
Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Products, IP Camera, PTZ, HDCVI products, NVR, Intelligent Building, Intelligent Transportation and Software - Dahua Technology

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to set the camera to zoom into faces ( upper body and face ) while in auto-track mode? I enabled both auto-track mode and Face Detection as well as Face Enhancement. After enabling the face detection it seems as if auto-track stopped working.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The latest firmware, (543666_DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.600.0000000.7.R.170812), the digital zoom only works with the zoom buttons so it seems to me no reason to leave it disabled. Just wondering if the digital zoom works with swiping box on image using the 20170630 firmware.
Not sure I understand your question. Do you mean Optical zoom?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, optical zoom definitely works with swiping windows on the image. Up and to the right to zoom in and down and to the left to zoom out but in the latest firmware you can't go beyond the optical zoom of the camera by swiping squares. If you have zoom displayed via OSD and your using digital zoom it will appear as though the camera is zooming in more but the zoom number remains at the max zoom of the camera. While in digital zoom mode the zoom number on the image will stay the same even though your zooming in and out because your doing it digitally. Also I noticed in the new firmware that while digitally zoomed just one click on the screen will take it back to max optical. In another camera I have the swipe up and right and down and left also included digital zoom and because that takes processing power it took more time and added lag to any manual input. I'm just not remembering if the swiping windows on image worked the digital zoom in previous firmware releases in my SD52C225U-HNI and the 52C230UNI-A. Maybe because digital zoom in my experience had caused problems when trying to manually keep moving vehicles in the image and I just defaulted to disabling it. I know swiping windows does include digital zoom using the latest firmware in my DH-SD42CA212TN-HNI so I have it disabled cause it was to easy to zoom uselessly tight and takes to long to zoom back out.
I can give try it out tomorrow at work. You do know you have digital zoom off in that first picture though correct?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
More messing around with digital zoom. May it helps a tiny bit to get closer to seeing an object.
What did you mean by swipe? do you mean using the arrows to zoom?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hold down left mouse on image and drag up and to right to zoom in, down and left to zoom out. like drawing the window you want on screen zooming in. Smaller box drawn equals greater zoom either way.
I can confirm that the feature drawing of a window to zoom on a particular area only works with optical zoom. Even when you manually use digital zoom, as soon as you try to swipe zoom it reverts back to optical zoom.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can confirm that the feature drawing of a window to zoom on a particular area only works with optical zoom. Even when you manually use digital zoom, as soon as you try to swipe zoom it reverts back to optical zoom.
That is the way mine has always worked.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I am running the 12-20-2016 firmware build - not exactly sure the correct latest version.

I 'think' what I want to do is have the camera run through my 3 presets bouncing around every 10 seconds. If any of the three presets see motion it should track them. After no motion for 1 minute, it should return to Tour #1.

Question - is rotating between 3 presets every 10 seconds (or 8,640 times per day) a really bad idea for camera longevity? Any better suggestion?

For motion tracking I went to Event>IVS

Added Preset 1, Rule #1 - Intrusion detection. I have any motion on the entire camera - no draw rule.

I cant seem to get this working properly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BTW - Did Miles have a bunch of posts that were deleted? I see a bunch of quotes with missing comments from Miles.

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi nayr & all owners of this PTZ. Happy Thanksgiving! I've read the entire thread once & skimmed over it a 2nd time. I may have missed it but did nayr solve his "return to preset" problem after an auto-tracking event? Was there new firmware that solved this?

I have a 5-year old SD3282D-GN PTZ that has 3x optical; 16x digital zoom. I need to update it as there are more incidents around our neighborhood & I need a PTZ that can a) do clear zoomed auto-tracking & b) has better optical zoom range.

A screen capture of what my PTZ sees right now is included.

Thanks to nayr for this review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: