Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it a Dahua NVR capable of recording those attributes? If so, it is just a matter of selecting the correct features in the camera.
After running an update my Dahua NVR now shows the "AI" menu but I don't see anywhere in the AI perimeters for the PTZ camera for me to select those fields...

Sorry about the multiple posts/questions... just catching up to all the replies.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No you don't need to take it down to put in the SD card. You just need to unscrew 4 screws on the black part on the opposite side of the lens and install it.

If you want it to track longer, then make the make time longer than 15 seconds LOL. Make it 240 seconds. If the object goes out of view, it will then return "home" before the 240 seconds are up. By upping the tracking ratio, that is how you make the subject bigger, but the bigger the subject is in the frame, the more chance it has to lose tracking, so it is a balance.

You could fabricate or look around and find a pole that would extend it out to get past that big obstruction looking left.

I would really look at better waterproofing those connections.

For the snapshots, how would the camera know that it is fully zoomed in as that can constantly change as the object moves LOL. You could tell it to take more snapshots or use a VMS for further snapshots.

Any future updates to firmware (if at all since this is basically unofficially EOL) would still remove autotracking.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Good Job dude! I'm a PTZ newbie too.....
I'm keenly watching this thread, and of course my memory wanders off to the Homepage and well you know, I forget where I live, and who the Queen of England is, and When my Mother was born.....oh look at the time.
New You tube astronomy lecture!

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cover for the SD card is on the back of the camera on the 49225/49425. Turn the camera towards the wall to the left and tilt it all the way up to make it easy to access. Power the camera off and use the wrench that came with it a philips screwdriver to take the cover off.

You can buy pole mounts for it. The parapet mounts are $$$$

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a billy bodge up job to me :) A PTZ that can only do 180 degree's must be a first here on IPCT.

The first thing I would be looking at is a PFA 120 backbox to waterproof those delicate cables and connections as it won't last 6 months as it stands. The second most important thing is getting it mounted somewhere better as where it is now is useless.

Have a look on the Dahua accessories page here . SD49225XA-HNR (dahuasecurity.com) for the PFB303s

Last edited:

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it a Dahua NVR capable of recording those attributes? If so, it is just a matter of selecting the correct features in the camera.
Btw... I think I do recall seeing this but just to make sure where do I check? I now have a SD card in the camera though when I go to AI on the NVR I see a few (29) snapshots from a day or two ago... the last few I see snapshots with time and date but no picture... did somewhere run out of space? This is from before I had the SD card installed however I let it run for a few hours and I still don't see anything. As for Face Detection can I have that running WHILE IVS is enabled? Or does it have to be one the other?

No you don't need to take it down to put in the SD card. You just need to unscrew 4 screws on the black part on the opposite side of the lens and install it.

If you want it to track longer, then make the make time longer than 15 seconds LOL. Make it 240 seconds. If the object goes out of view, it will then return "home" before the 240 seconds are up. By upping the tracking ratio, that is how you make the subject bigger, but the bigger the subject is in the frame, the more chance it has to lose tracking, so it is a balance.

You could fabricate or look around and find a pole that would extend it out to get past that big obstruction looking left.

I would really look at better waterproofing those connections.

For the snapshots, how would the camera know that it is fully zoomed in as that can constantly change as the object moves LOL. You could tell it to take more snapshots or use a VMS for further snapshots.
Yes, the electrical tape is just extra.. I installed the waterproofing cover that comes with the camera for the end of the CAT5E cable but I will try to see what else I can do.

What is VMS? :x

The cover for the SD card is on the back of the camera on the 49225/49425. Turn the camera towards the wall to the left and tilt it all the way up to make it easy to access. Power the camera off and use the wrench that came with it to take the cover off.

You can buy pole mounts for it. The parapet mounts are $$$$
Thank you! It's kind of scary and uncomfortable hanging off the edge of the roof and I had to find the right size driver but I got it! Thank you.

Looks like a billy bodge up job to me :) A PTZ that can only do 180 degree's must be a first here on IPCT.

The first thing I would be looking at is a PFA 120 backbox to waterproof those delicate cables and connections as it won't last 6 months as it stands. The second most important thing is getting it mounted somewhere better as where it is now is useless.

Have a look on the Dahua accessories page here . SD49225XA-HNR (dahuasecurity.com) for the PFB303s
Planning to buy both the backbox and the mount. It probably looks different in the photo but the camera IS a bit higher than the box so I can actually see to the left and zoom down the street but of course that box is in the way and theres a blind spot directly under it. Either way though it would definitely benefit having the mount that extends it out a bit and higher up.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, I am looking to replace two of my front cameras from these hacked 6mp cameras that I can't seem to get working properly with face detection. IVS and Face Detection is there and I can enable it but it does nothing it seems.

I need a camera that can take a snapshot of everyone that walks by and saves it locally and also loitering so if someone is in specified area for more than X minutes after 6pm it would send me an alert.... If a camera has Human/Vehicle detection, could I assume it has facial detection as well? The camera that has the Loitering IVS is running a firmware from 2017... does Dahua still provide this feature in their firmware?

Thanks again for all the help!

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cricketssssss

@EMPIRETECANDY I stopped by my local camera distributer today here in NY to find out about some cameras/NVR. They sell Dahua and Hikvision. They offered me a Dahua 16 Channel AI NVR w/ built in POE for $300~; Do you have these available? Additionally a 5MP AI Dahua Anti-Deterrence camera. Please let me know the pricing. Thank you!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Cricketssssss

@EMPIRETECANDY I stopped by my local camera distributer today here in NY to find out about some cameras/NVR. They sell Dahua and Hikvision. They offered me a Dahua 16 Channel AI NVR w/ built in POE for $300~; Do you have these available? Additionally a 5MP AI Dahua Anti-Deterrence camera. Please let me know the pricing. Thank you!
Thanks I just replied to your DM.

Deano65

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day all. I have a setup question / problem

Under the settings "Event > Deep IVS", I cannot change the track time from 15 seconds (pre-populated).

Each time I change the value to something like 30 or 60, I click Save and get the "Save successful", but upon refresh, the value snaps back to 15 seconds.

I've tried this now in multiple browsers (Firebox, Explorer, Edge, Chrome) all with the same results.

Any ideas / solutions?

Much appreciated....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Deano65 - this is a web browser issue. You need to be sure you are in Explorer and that windows hasn't tricked it into Edge. Windows is getting sneakier with that. But true Internet Explorer seems to be the only browser that track time will stick in.

Deano65

n3wb
Reaction score
@Deano65 - this is a web browser issue. You need to be sure you are in Explorer and that windows hasn't tricked it into Edge. Windows is getting sneakier with that. But true Internet Explorer seems to be the only browser that track time will stick in.
Well I'll be.....

I swear that I've tried this in IE before. So just tried again, and it stuck....

This must be akin to taking your car into the mechanic. It's been making a noise for days, and when you take it in, it stops....

Thanks wittaj....much appreciated

Update: while the time is now changed (via IE), when I log back into the camera via Firefox or Chrome, the value still shows 15 seconds. But then I go to IE, and it's 60. Very odd....

briand123

n3wb
Reaction score
Question for people using this updated fw (Prometheus fw) for SD49225XA-HNR. Does it have the RTMP feature tab added under Network->Access Platform?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question for people using this updated fw (Prometheus fw) for SD49225XA-HNR. Does it have the RTMP feature tab added under Network->Access Platform?
The firmware with autotrack isn't new and is from 2000. If you are talking about newer firmware then it won't have auto track.

Which version date are you referring to?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen posts about a bug with this camera and BI and motion detection. Basically the camera gets the "motion" settings turn on regularly even if you just want to use the smart AI settings. For the life of me I cannot find these posts however and I find myself experiencing this issue with the camera. Can someone please post the solution again or at least point me to the correct posts regarding the issue?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the camera GUI make MD and SMD one little block and put it on a schedule with no time on it and make the sensitivity the least sensitive.

For some reason BI will turn MD and SMD on and that was messing with a lot of people thinking the camera wasn't acting correctly. Just use IVS.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the camera GUI make MD and SMD one little block and put it on a schedule with no time on it and make the sensitivity the least sensitive.

For some reason BI will turn MD and SMD on and that was messing with a lot of people thinking the camera wasn't acting correctly. Just use IVS.
Like this?
1649806932179.png
1649807023707.png
I thought I had it working correctly and it was tracking during the day, but it stopped tracking at night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That certainly looks correct.

Night is going to be more problematic due to how the camera algorithm works.
It is a lot of dialing in the shutter, brightness, contrast, etc to get it to track properly.

Field of view plays a role as well. Ideally you want the object in the center of the image and your field of view would have the motion more on the edges - at night I would tilt it up more to get the sidewalk and road more in the center of the image. That should improve tracking at night.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just changed those settings a few minutes ago. My ultimate plan is to have the PTZ triggered by 2 cameras, to cover the area a little to the left and right, basically the entire front area of the house. But, I have to replace 1 of the cameras (one is still part of my Lorex system and won't work with BI). This weekend if my turret box comes in, I'll replace that lorex and then I can start tweaking it to be triggered, but I figured there was something else going on. Good to know I'm on the right track. Thanks!