Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Ive had the camera for nearly 2 years? now.... It took me a while to get it setup as I had to mount it 2 stories high. Its been mounted for some time now maybe a year but only decided to setup the auto-tracking now. This is when I realized something was wrong and started doing research..

I never knew Dahua products were sold unbranded.. I always assumed it was some knock-off and went with only Dahua branded cameras. Today I went into a local camera store called "MHK Surveillance". All of their cameras were labeled "MHK" but some of them looked like Dahua to me. I will be buying from Andy from now on though.
So the bigger question is have you opened it in Explorer and do you have the GUI of my screenshot? If you do, then no reason to update it.

Sometimes cameras you buy from Andy will be Dahua and some are unbranded, but they are all Dahua. My PTZ from Andy came in Dahua box with Dahua on the camera.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The autotracking version ptz is going end soon on the 49 series, right now dahua also stop the autotracking on SD49425XB-HNR, we still have 40pcs left.
The SD49225XA-HNR autotracking version cams stopped produced last year, this one we are going to use up too. Have around 60pcs left. Can sell 2-3 months i think.
After this we have to move to the 5 series, but price will be 200-300usd more.
Thank you ! Will be coming to you from now on! :)

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, so you paid more than if you just bought it from @EMPIRETECANDY to begin with and then have a known good camera...
Just incase it doesn't have auto-tracking firmware... I should be fine to installed the firmware Andy linked us to right? I copy/pasted the camera's information from the GUI:

Device TypeDH-SD49425XB-HNR
System VersionV2.810.0000001.3.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-06-08
WEB VersionV3.2.1.905073
ONVIF Version19.06(V2.6.1.845389)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642
S/N
Security Baseline VersionV2.1

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the bigger question is have you opened it in Explorer and do you have the GUI of my screenshot? If you do, then no reason to update it.

Sometimes cameras you buy from Andy will be Dahua and some are unbranded, but they are all Dahua. My PTZ from Andy came in Dahua box with Dahua on the camera.

Will double check that first thing tomorrow when I go back into my office. If I find a windows laptop here at home, Ill let you know sooner!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can't say for sure. I believe that build date is still the S1 hardware that will accept the autotrack firmware. Just recognize you are doing it at your own risk.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed was I have some feature that shows "Motor Vehicle: 0 and People: 0" as an overlay on the cameras image when enabled (Video meta I think it was?) however I can't seem to even get this to count anything. Also Facial detection doesn't seem to store any photos of anyone either.

The main reasons I bought this was for the Facial detection/recognition, People counting and Auto-Tracking. I could be doing something wrong though as I don't yet fully understand how to configure these features. The only thing I did seem to get working was SMD I believe it was because now when a car or person walks buy theres a green box around them on the screen. Its the only thing I can search using the AI Search via SMD. All other searches fail to pull anything up.

Is this camera capable of storing a database of faces it picks up? And could it count how many people/cars pass by?

Sorry if I sound confusing, I'm not in front of the configuration at the moment so I am just going from what I remember off the top of my head. I have been trying to enable/disable random stuff (intrusion, triipwires, etc) just to see what I could get a response from.

As far as the auto tracking, I will check to see if I have anything similar to your screenshot as soon as I can get to a windows computer though.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers. You may not see all the settings in Chrome.

You will not see anything in the settings called AutoTrack.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1642468025497.png

If you do not have the above screen with the Tracking Target Size, then you have a version without autotrack.

Ok, so I finally found a windows laptop and logged in using Internet Explorer. I tried following your steps but my interface is missing 'Tracking target size"

'Then select the object filters you want." -- I also wasn't sure what you meant by this.

I've attached a screenshot for you to see. Thanks.IMG_3217.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The "then select object filters" is the human and vehicle checkbox.

It looks like you have the non autotracking version.

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I followed your steps except for "Select the object filters you want" and also enabled Face detection.

Of course the auto-track isn't working and another thing I noticed is Face Detection isn't storing a database with photos from the people/faces its picking up?

Do you think I should move forward with the firmware update?

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The "then select object filters" is the human and vehicle checkbox.

It looks like you have the non autotracking version.

Welp, that makes sense ;) So yea, I followed it exactly ... just waiting on your go ahead to perform the firmware upgrade. Can I just do the upgrade via the browser?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need an SD card in the camera for anything saving in nature to work. There isn't enough memory in these things to store anything.

As far as the upgrading of the firmware, that is a do at your own risk. It may turn out and work, or you may brick the camera. Since you got a firmware from your vendor, that would be where I would personally start.

If you do decide to update at your own risk, then yes you update from the browser.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
it's 20 degrees out ffs! with a strong wind. I have really think about where to position this because it's a long term commitment.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score

Compatible with the below listed camera's

DH-SD5A445XA-HNR
DH-SD59425XA-HNR
DH-SD6AE233XA-HNR
DH-SD49225XA-HNR
DH-SD6AL445XA-HNR
DH-SD6AL445XA-HNR-IR
DH-SD6CE445XA-HNR
DH-SD1A404XB-GNR
DH-SD1A404XB-GNR-W
DH-SD59432XA-HNR
DH-SD6AL233XA-HNR
DH-SD65F233XA-HNR
DH-SD6AL233XA-HNR-IR
DH-SD6AE433XA-HNR
DH-SD5A425XA-HNR
DH-SD49425XB-HNR
DH-SD49425XB-HNR-G
DH-PTZ1A225-HNR-XA
DH-SD59232XA-HNR
DH-SD5A225XA1-HNR
DH-SD5A432XA-HNR
DH-SD5A232XA-HNR
DH-SD50432XA-HNR
DH-SD50232XA-HNR
DH-SD52C432XA-HNR
DH-SD52C232XA-HNR
DH-ECA-7A1425-HNR-XA-F
DH-ECA7A1425-HNR-XA-F
DH-SD6AL433XA-HNR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just keep in mind if the 49225 or 49425 is a newer one with the V2 or V3 chip (or maybe called S2 or S3), it will not work.

I don't think @ljw2k will reimburse you if you brick your PTZ :lmao:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
49225 is 2mp
49425 is 4mp

DH-SD49425XB-HNR Can be updated but if you have a S version then I don't think it can be updated,
The only S version is the
SD49225XA-HNR-S2

Any firmware update is at the owners risk.