Dahua PTZ-1A225-HNR-XA flashing and won't focus Please help

Reaction score
So I guess it is, I focused on the motion setting window and didn’t notice that’s SmartPSS underneath. In that screen on the lower left what other options are there for “Record Type:”?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I guess it is, I focused on the motion setting window and didn’t notice that’s SmartPSS underneath. In that screen on the lower left what other options are there for “Record Type:”?
I did a screen capture of the drop down. And also showing the Loryta is showing the motion from the same time.

Attachments

Reaction score
After zooming in I do see that one bit of motion just before 2 on both of your screenshots of the ptz so it seems it is working and recording but not as much as we’d like. Two ideas, (1) up the sensitivity to 90 and drop the threshold to 3 and see what happens, I would think a fly should set that off but I also think it should as high as everything is set now.
(2) in the NVR webpage EVENT -> DETECT then select the other camera you have out there, then Setup next to Record Channel. I’m guessing that should have a screen with numbers for each camera, click on the number that coincides with the ptz, now it should show two numbers highlighted, the other camera and the ptz. I have never tried this but I believe it should record as motion on the ptz when the other camera senses motion.
If you’re happy with the motion sensitivity from the other camera option 2 may be the better way to go since it’s so close to them, assuming it works like I think it should.
Aren’t these cameras so much fun.

Reaction score
Just to reiterate, if you make changes to the motion settings from the camera webpage make sure you double check that they’re the same in the NVR webpage. I’m sitting here playing with the motion settings on an Amcrest IP4M-1041B, if I make a change directly from the camera it will not change in the NVR. The opposite is true if I make the change in the NVR, it will be the same in the camera. Lots of Refresh and double check and Save, I guess that’s just what we have to deal with to have good quality videos at a reasonable price

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After zooming in I do see that one bit of motion just before 2 on both of your screenshots of the ptz so it seems it is working and recording but not as much as we’d like. Two ideas, (1) up the sensitivity to 90 and drop the threshold to 3 and see what happens, I would think a fly should set that off but I also think it should as high as everything is set now.
(2) in the NVR webpage EVENT -> DETECT then select the other camera you have out there, then Setup next to Record Channel. I’m guessing that should have a screen with numbers for each camera, click on the number that coincides with the ptz, now it should show two numbers highlighted, the other camera and the ptz. I have never tried this but I believe it should record as motion on the ptz when the other camera senses motion.
If you’re happy with the motion sensitivity from the other camera option 2 may be the better way to go since it’s so close to them, assuming it works like I think it should.
Aren’t these cameras so much fun.
Okay, I was going to up the sensitivity in my NVR UI for the 360 cam and I noticed that the motion area is not on the branch I selected on the right. It moved by itself. How do I keep it from doing that?

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just to reiterate, if you make changes to the motion settings from the camera webpage make sure you double check that they’re the same in the NVR webpage. I’m sitting here playing with the motion settings on an Amcrest IP4M-1041B, if I make a change directly from the camera it will not change in the NVR. The opposite is true if I make the change in the NVR, it will be the same in the camera. Lots of Refresh and double check and Save, I guess that’s just what we have to deal with to have good quality videos at a reasonable price
There is something screwy going on. I am making these changes from the NVR web UI for the 360 camera. Just now I selected the area Again that I want it to record Motion. I hit save, on the next page I hit save and got the message "Operation Failed" I tried refresh before save and got Failed. What am I doing wrong? I will go to the cameras ui but not in the NVR Ui like I just did and see what it has there. This is very stressful.
Okay I went into the UI for the 360 and I didn't need to adjust the region area but the sensitivity wasn't like the NVR so I changed it and hit save and it said success. When I went into PSS all the setting were what I had last set them to in the NVR so I did nothing. So for some reason the NVR web UI is not saving the settings'

Attachments

Reaction score
I’m down to just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Try deleting browser history in IE by hitting Ctrl-Shift-Del that seems to help sometimes. Try downloading Chrome and see if that makes any difference. I don’t want to think it’s a problem of Amcrest not playing well with Dahua OEM since you said it worked before and we’re only talking about motion. Opening a private/ incognito window seems to make a difference sometimes too. Im not ready to give up yet, something should work eventually