Dahua PTZ-1A225-HNR-XA flashing and won't focus Please help

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think we’re getting somewhere. I would click Copy then something should pop up and checkmark All
I just looked over at my monitor showing my NVR and I could see a red dot on the bottom of the 360 Dahua image. So I don't think I want it recording 24/7. So I unselected the regular and hit save.Now I only see yellow lines going across each day.I think you fixed it. I will have to see if it recorded that 5 minutes that it was set to record 24/7. So can I view the recordings in PSS?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now checkmark All. Checkmark MD. If you want to have the camera always recording checkmark Regular (would recommend that) click Save.
What does it look like now?
Ok this is what it looks like with motion selected and not regular for full time recording. So with PSS I was able to tell it where I want it to record to. I didn't see where it shows that.

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That’s up to you. I want all my cameras recording 24/7 so if a trigger was missed I still have video. I don’t dabble in PSS at all so I can’t be much help there
Thank you so very much! I'll have to see if I can find where I can view a recording. I'm just so used to using PSS.

Reaction score
You’re welcome. Hope this has it fixed

I use DMSS on my phone if I’m mobile and iPad next to my chair for viewing live/recorded video

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You’re welcome. Hope this has it fixed

I use DMSS on my phone if I’m mobile and iPad next to my chair for viewing live/recorded video
I use amcrest view pro on my phone. But like when I am in the tree adjusting the camera angle and I want to see what it looks like, I pull out my phone and Amcrest View Pro lets me look at the image for about 5 seconds then I lose my signal. We are so wooded I can't keep a signal. I have to climb down and go into my PC room. It's a lot of climbing up and down.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would think DMSS should work with your NVR. I don’t think it will help with the with signal issue while at the camera though
The 360 recorded this today while I had it set to record 24/7 but nothing has come in since to see if it is recording just motion. Thank you so much for your time! I have not tried to see if the 360 will flash on and off if I move the viewing location. I'm sure it will..Our weather isn't as cold as it was last week so I hope my owls will be coming in. I can't search for them without the 360 to locate them..so I will wait impatiently till they come. The crows are my spy's and always find them for me. When the crows are mobbing I know where to look. Thanks again!

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well Jack and Carol my great horned owls came in last night and the 360 didn't record. Jack came into the nest at 5:41 and Carol was near but out of Camera view. Jack stayed for 35 minutes. I don't have time to go over the NVR setting and see what happened but I will look into it tomorrow. My owls will probably come in tonight around the same time but I won't be home :( I just can't figure it out why it isn't recording. I have gone over all the directions from here. I'll try to make a video later tonight of Jack in the barrel. This is going to be a big bummer to miss this seasons recordings from the 360 angle.

Reaction score
Set it 24/7 and you’ll always be able to go back and see what happened when. Relying on motion/ any type of trigger event is not 100%. That almost takes a badass camera down to Ring/ Arlo/ etc. level

Reaction score
How are the owls doing? I haven’t heard any around here yet but hopefully we’ll have some come back. I can usually hear them every evening so I know they’re somewhat close

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are the owls doing? I haven’t heard any around here yet but hopefully we’ll have some come back. I can usually hear them every evening so I know they’re somewhat close
I haven't been home today but just now I saw them mating then they both came in. I did a screen capture. Jack is in the barrel and Carol is on the edge. She is much larger and has a higher voice than Jack.. I can see a little red dot on the bottom of the nest cam monitor cam and the 360 has a red dot so I hope they are recording. They just mated again so I sure hope the 360 is recording. I was afraid to follow them with the 360 because when it messes up it comes back out of focus and stays out of focus for a long time. Plus now when the camera moves it makes a loud whirring sound and I don't want to scare them away. I had hoped to get a new camera up in a new tree in case the 360 peters out for good but I think Carol is going to lay her first egg maybe tonight. Here's the live feed page. Nest Cam – Okie Bird Cam

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hope you get your footage. We have barred owls every year in the trees behind us. They come to visit the house occasionally. Here is a clip, from a while back, of mom and her nearly same size juvenile. They seemed to like their reflections.
View attachment 184429
I LOVE seeing that! About 10 years ago I discovered Barred owls using my nest I had put up five years before. I had that nest so high I never knew it was being used. Then the following year the great horned owls stole it from the barred. The GHO used it until the tree fell, totaled my car and hit the house. I was able to get the barrel in a tree nearby within a few days and the owls used it that season. That tree ended up dying in an ice storm so I started all over with new cams and new location and this will be the second year for this location. I have had cameras for seven years but only had a camera above looking inside the barrel for three seasons including this year. My owls are such a blessing for me. I wish everyone cared about wildlife as much as I do. Especially owls because they are misunderstood and blamed for what coyote and other critters do. They are first in my book. If you have a tall tree, the owls will nest in a barrel. There is so much loss of habitat they need all the help they can get. Owls do not build a nest. They take over old hawk, squirrel or the hollow of a tree. In the wild owls offspring only have a 30% survival rate the first few months. Crows and hawks destroy 70% of the nest causing the owlets to fall to their death. Very few owls will feed an owlet if it fall. I have had 100 % success rate. The only thing that will knock my barrel out of a tree is a tornado. Try it, you'll like it :)

Reaction score
You may have started another project for me. Unfortunately there’s no reasonable way I would be able to get a camera up to keep an eye on it. It looks like it’s just a plastic planter with a carpet type material around the edge for grip?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Jack brought a rabbit in for Carol today! I am so happy! Jack is still trying to bribe Carol to lay eggs by bringing her gifts :) I think she knows when she lays an egg the mating will stop and wants to get as much out of Jack as she can. lol So I am in the process of making a video for youtube showing Jack bringing in the rabbit. When looking at the Dahua 360 cam that is recording now 24/7 and motion, I had a heck of a time finding when Jack flew in because it is only recording and not showing motion. I really would like to get this all figured out before Carol is sitting on eggs. I have added my setting here earlier. What could be wrong other than I have a screwed-up cam. And the yellow area at the far right was when the cam was flashing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I can ever get this cam working right, I'd like to move it 2' after this season to the left so the branch Carol perches on can be seen better thanks!!

Attachments