Dahua PTZ-1A225-HNR-XA flashing and won't focus Please help

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is my Dahua 360 PTZ-1A225-HNR-XA. It is flashing on and off and when it stops flashing it won't focus. And when I change scenes, it makes a roaring sound. Also, it isn't recording. I have tried unplugging it from the cable and plugging it back in and it won't stop flashing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My owls should start nesting next week. This is a real bummer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions I put an unlisted link to my YouTube. Let me know if this doesn't work, please. Thank you. I added more camera info on the next message.

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a few things I thought you might want to know. The cam is on a 16' pole around 25' away from the barrel and I haven't had any issues until two days ago when this started out of the blue.

Attachments

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Given that it glitches after each PTZ motion, I suspect it is a power issue. The PTZ motions pull current during the motor motions and this is probably dragging down the camera's POE power supply board to a lower voltage than the video components tolerate. That could be a failing POE board in the camera or a deteriorating ethernet cable connector reducing available power to the POE board. I would start by disconnecting the POE connector for the camera, checking for corrosion, and cleaning the connectors. I've had decades of good experience using CAIG Deoxit liquid (in the little bottle with brush). Then I would generously coat with slicone grease before plugging things back together. There is also the possibility of your ethernet crimps corroding if they were not well protected.

If you have a spare ethernet cable and know good POE+ injector to temporarily hook to the camera, that would help rule out issues on the outside of the camera.

I'm afraid the solution is going to involve getting up that 16 foot pole either way.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is not good news :( It is 20 F outside right now. Our house is 44 inside because the heat has gone out. It will be Monday or Tuesday before someone can get here. When it rains, it pours :( . Next week it is suppose to rain and have freezing ice. If the owls haven't started nesting I might be able to get to it Thursday when it is supposed to be 50. The cam is flashing right now and I'm not moving it. So the cable will cause the cam to not focus? I will check the connectors in the attic to see if anything got to the wiring up there. Would doing a reset help? I have unplugged the cable behind my PC from the switch to reboot it but that didn't help. Where do I buy that liquid you mentioned? I have not heard of it. Thank you so much for this info. I have a feeling if I can't get to this before my owls lay eggs, I'll have to wait until the owlets fledge in late April. Thanks again, I appreciate your time.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't understand why every time I open the web Ui to see why it isn't recording the sensitivity is on zero. I set it to 70 and hit save on both pages. Why would the Web UI not save my setting? It saves the motion area I have selected. I see squirrels running across the barrel edge and up the trunk every day. The barrel cam records it, so the 360 should as well. If the 360 image only flashed when I change the location, I can live with that till summer when it is warmer and easier to climb the pole. But if it won't record when the owls land on the barrel edge it is completely useless :(
I called two more H&A companies to see if they can work on our heat and left messages. Maybe they will call tomorrow. I think it is too cold for my owls to lay eggs. There is an ice storm coming our way tonight :(

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You also have to hit Save/Refresh on the main page underneath the popup

Is that the NVR or the camera direct you are setting it on?

What browser? Need IE or maybe Pale Moon

Reaction score
I guess I assumed the camera is connected directly to the NVR which would require you to log into the NVR then access the camera by clicking on the blue IE icon

Reaction score
Here’s how I would do it. Log into the NVR, top left squares-> CAMERA -> Camera List -> scroll down to the camera in question-> click blue e. That should open the webpage of the camera. After making the changes go to the NVR tab towards the top of the page, probably says WEB SERVICE. now we’re back to the NVR webpage, should still have CAMERA with an x next to it. Hit the x, now LIVE, SEARCH, AI, ALARM etc. click ALARM. Down to Video Detection, select the Channel number of the camera in question, Refresh then apply

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yesterday I logged into the NVR and adjusted the settings as advised and saved the sensitivity to 69. I just checked today to see if I had any recordings, and I don't. My owls haven't come in, but I have had birds land on the barrel edge and the cam should have picked it up. I will try raising the sensitivity level and see what happens. What does threshold do? I have it set to 5. Since it has been so cold and I have been without heat I haven't messed with this much. They had to order a part for our heat unit and it won't be in for at least 3 days. And they are paying 90 bucks for fast shipping :(

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Verify in NVR that SETTING-> STORAGE-> Schedule-> channel # has motion turned on for every day
Yes every day is selected. And I have sensitivity is set to 88 and threshold is set to 5. Today a squirrel ran around the barrel edge. The nest cam recorded it but the 360 hasn't recorded a thing. Here's a few seconds of the minute the squirrel ran around the edge. Any suggestions on what I can do to get it to record is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Attachments