Dahua motorised cameras go ghost after couple days

Reaction score
I have 6 dahua motorised 6mp cameras in my shop and they are connected to a poe switch with furthest camera being 20m away. For the past month I’ve had issues with the cameras going ghost mode and disappearing from the device list all at once.
On the PoE switch both data and power lights are on and when I reset the cameras manually they appear back on the list?

Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? as these are my Till cameras and are causing big problems…

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are Chinese region cameras. Meaning they are meant to be sold in the China region only, so they have hacked firmware to change the language.
There may be issue's with the firmware for this reason on these cams.
That is why only they have issue's on the switch.
But, it could be a cabling issue.
Were the cables made on site?
Were the cables made to the 568b Standard?
Was solid copper cable used and not Copper Clad Aluminum?
Can you test one of the cams with a store bought Cat 5E patch cable from a known brand so see if that helps the problem?
When you say you reset the cams, and they come back online. How exactly are you resetting them?
Don't update the firmware, you could possibly brick the camera.
Is the switch overloaded on its power budget?

Reaction score
Those are Chinese region cameras. Meaning they are meant to be sold in the China region only, so they have hacked firmware to change the language.
There may be issue's with the firmware for this reason on these cams.
That is why only they have issue's on the switch.
But, it could be a cabling issue.
Were the cables made on site?
Were the cables made to the 568b Standard?
Was solid copper cable used and not Copper Clad Aluminum?
Can you test one of the cams with a store bought Cat 5E patch cable from a known brand so see if that helps the problem?
When you say you reset the cams, and they come back online. How exactly are you resetting them?
Don't update the firmware, you could possibly brick the camera.
Is the switch overloaded on its power budget?
All cables are excel full copper cat5e i don’t think it’s a cabling issue but it’s weird that they all go off at the same time.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Go to the fork in the road and take it. When you get to the Slosson Cutoff remember to cut off your Slosson :rofl: Too bad late night TV has turned into such a dismal mess.