Dahua Model Numbers Needed (getting confused)

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the camera and box mounted?
Here it is from a photo of a test rig being used.
test cam positions.JPG

In this instance, I could have pushed the connector into the hardiplank, but chose to use a mounting box. This is Houston and the humidity gets quite high. While I do not use the IR, realize that having the cam further from the flat surface above helps reduce IR glare from that surface.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Doorbell cameras are kind of a crap shoot. You may want to have a look at this one. It is sold as a kit with a "VTH" (video terminal house) but at least it's true PoE and not WiFi.

shounb15

n3wb
Reaction score
Doorbell cameras are kind of a crap shoot. You may want to have a look at this one. It is sold as a kit with a "VTH" (video terminal house) but at least it's true PoE and not WiFi.

Haven't seen that one yet. Thanks for letting me know. It is too big for my liking...

I received my IPC-T5442TM-AS junction mounts today! Woohoo. Thank you to @EMPIRETECANDY ! I have an installation question. The big screws on the side (I don't know what to call it; where conduit can attach), has anyone ran flex tubing out of this? Or a waterproof plug that keeps the box's waterproof integrity?? Was considering running the cable out of an existing hole and free running it to the camera. Maybe 2 ft and it's high enough not to worry about tampering.

shounb15

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a follow up. I have 2 cams up and running now on BI with email notifications. Everything is working as planned. Now to upgrade my router for VPN compatibility.
Thanks to everyone!