Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score

Soepkip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks.
You are probably right. I will try to block internet access in the router for the camera.

porto10002001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

What is the best configuration settings to get the best picture quality for this camera?
I find that my image has some aliasing, someone else has the same problem ??
Or the best is to leave everything by default ?

Later i upload one picture.

Thanks
Best regards
porto

porto10002001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have not yet managed to have an optimal result with this camera, it can be the fw installed in the camera that causes this problem.

What is the version / date of Fw you are using?
Should it update the MAIN fw and the PTZ fw also ??

Thank you very much for your help
porto

Attachments

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

porto10002001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi BillG,

Thanks for returning with the download link.
This link of download I had already seen, but I posted my question to know if others had a good return and with which firmware.
Well I'll be able to skip the step and update my camera.
I have to update the MAIN firmware and also the PTZ firmware or just the MAIN fw?

Thanks
porto

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi BillG,

This link of download I had already seen, but I posted my question to know if others had a good return and with which firmware.
I have to update the MAIN firmware and also the PTZ firmware or just the MAIN fw?

Thanks
porto
You can do either by itself or both, doesn't matter.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi BillG,

Thanks
porto
I'm using DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.422.0000.3.R.20161009. But now as is see there's a new one I'll give that one a try ;)

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.422.0000.3.R.20161009. But now as is see there's a new one I'll give that one a try ;)
One thing I noticed, there's a new (I think) safety tab under system with RTSP authentication and SSH.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the previous "S" version. I cannot find it on their site any longer when searching that model.
Would I now use the same software updates as for the "T" version just mentioned above?

porto10002001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks a lot all of you for you feedback and help.
I will try new firmware, maybe tomorrow and i will post results.
I also have my NVR5216 4ks2 to upgrade also with the latest firmware, I feel I have a little work with these updates hehe;)

thanks
porto

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the previous "S" version. I cannot find it on their site any longer when searching that model.
Would I now use the same software updates as for the "T" version just mentioned above?
I wouldn't try it. I think the T has a different sensor. It probably just wouldn't take it, but there's always a chance it could brick it. With the S discontinued, you're pretty much stuck with what you've got.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wouldn't try it. I think the T has a different sensor. It probably just wouldn't take it, but there's always a chance it could brick it. With the S discontinued, you're pretty much stuck with what you've got.
Thanks for the advice. I agree.
Anyone have an idea where I could find the most recent firmware for the S model since I cannot locate it on the mfg site? Not sure I'd trust a third party link download.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The audio sounds good from the "shots fired" video... and the trash man... I hope the other Dahua cams sound as decent.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I agree.
Anyone have an idea where I could find the most recent firmware for the S model since I cannot locate it on the mfg site? Not sure I'd trust a third party link download.
Bump for helping me find the correct most up to date firmware for my S camera, (or also for my hdw 5321r -z).
Im kind of paranoid after reading all about the fakes and hacks that an mess up or take control of your camera.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have discovered that although the preset titles can be over typed they don't save in my SD29204T-GN. I had updated the (PAL) FW version to 2017-06-01 and PTZ to 2017-04-10 from Dahua's download site but didn't try to use preset names using the FW as delivered last October. Anyone else have the same problem?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just bought this camera from Andy and received it in about a week. I have a spot for it on the side of the house but it is under the eave of a roof. Still exposed to the rain so I will put caulking around the top mounting area. I mounted it this afternoon and I will be interested on how it does tonight. There is some light in the area so that will help.

Edit. I have this hooked up to my Hikvision NVR. The main thing is to turn off ONVIF on the camera and go into manual mode on the NVR and turn on the ONVIF protocol for that camera.

rudi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All

The camera is on the QNAP camera compatibility list. However they state that the FW 2.400.0000.14.R.T1.484 build 2016-04-14 is required.
Does someone know where to get it beside the Dahua support?
Hi Amoio,
Did you ever manage to get this firmware?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
So far this camera has been working very well and is a nice upgrade from the camera it replaced. It is mounted outside and I sealed it up with silicone to prevent water from getting into it. Here is a night picture of the camera guarding the side of my house. By the way I get decent facial id at night.

back_IP Camera2_back_20171114214709_41161341.jpg