Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE - audio out of sync

sloth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I bought Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and I tried to make a direct stream to youtube/twitch via rtmp. Everythink worked fine but after a few minutes audio/video started to be out of sync. After few hours of streaming, there is several seconds audio delay. I tried to change video/audio encode mode, bitrate, framerate, but nothing works for me. Has anyone similar experience or maybe some solution?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I bought Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and I tried to make a direct stream to youtube/twitch via rtmp. Everythink worked fine but after a few minutes audio/video started to be out of sync. After few hours of streaming, there is several seconds audio delay. I tried to change video/audio encode mode, bitrate, framerate, but nothing works for me. Has anyone similar experience or maybe some solution?
Maybe the obvious question: if you register to local SD card/nvr/... does it also show the same symptoms?

sloth

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll try it but I don't have a SD card in the camera right now. But if I watch the camera stream in the browser (through the camera UI), there is no audio delay.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll try it but I don't have a SD card in the camera right now. But if I watch the camera stream in the browser (through the camera UI), there is no audio delay.
I suggest you use a (temporary) SD card, simply to verify if there is a (hardware/software) fault in the cam. If so, you can call in warranty. If it's working correctly, you could try to call in warranty on youtube, but I'm sure you'll fish behind the nets :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you use a (temporary) SD card, simply to verify if there is a (hardware/software) fault in the cam. If so, you can call in warranty. If it's working correctly, you could try to call in warranty on youtube, but I'm sure you'll fish behind the nets :)
warranty because it cant upload to youtube on a surveillance camera, Id hang up the phone on that customer.

sloth

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the problem is in the camera time. If I set NTP server in settings, everythink works fine.

rikon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have similar problem. I tried your way with NTP server, but for me it doesn't work. Audio is out of sync.

I've tried the firmware V2.800.0000005.0.R.190325 and V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807 - after few hours audio is delayed.
In firmware V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202 - after few minutes video is delayed.

sloth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately changing NTP setting actually didn't help. At some point after restarting camera, audio got delay. Didn't find a solution.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Things to try:
  • Try using low latency settings in Youtube.
  • Lower frame rates.
  • Try streaming direct to YouTube from camera.
Troubleshooting steps from Twitch:

* Edited by admin *
Too many clickbait links, some risky driver update links, almost all copied content not relevant to the posted problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petr Čala

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
5.4.2020 I bought Dahua IPC HFW5631E-ZE with firmware V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807. After one hour is audio (on YouTube) delayed around 2 seconds. I try different FPS, audio sample frequency, bitrate and another settings in menu. Nothing solved problem. When I switch off NTP, audio delay was 2 seconds from beginning, but constant for all live transmission. I switch off many settings, multicast and other functions.
2.5.2020 I load firmware V2.800.0000005.0.R.190325 (PN). Again 2 seconds constant delay. 4.5.2020 load backup settings from 23.4.2020 and problem solved.
Audio perfect sync with video for all time.
My NTP server is ntp.cesnet.cz (I'am from Czech republic).
I recommend:
1) Flash new firmware
2) Load default factory settings
3) Set NTP server
Thanks for your advices to discover right way. Good luck

Petr Čala

n3wb
Reaction score
Excuse me for mistake.
2.5. I flash latest firmware DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_Market_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202