Dahua DH-IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Of course a way, but i need to stop the traffic for that. And next problem is, the mails are comming very close together. So when i allow only 1 mail per 5 sec i am unable to get the mail with event picture...
And for what is interval in seconds used in smtp settings?!?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
set the interval in SMTP to 10s..

you cant stop the emails it sends, either you get none of em or you get what it gives you..

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does this mean the cam will wait 10s for sending the next mail? but the cam will send it anyway, or that it drops every event with mail activated meanwhile? The description is so confusing and the cam online help is a joke...
And going back to snaphot event interval isn´t it the same when your explanation is right?
I am sorry in bothering you, but i want to understand the difference in there.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you'll have to figure it out, my cameras and NVR do not send any emails.. let alone snapshots.

I helped someone else with issues not getting the snapshots, and IIRC it was all because the NVR was trying to send too many emails too quickly and the server was rejecting some of em.. I imagine it queues em up and sends them as they can.. If you dont setup sane rate-limits then gmail thinks your trying to spam with such a high frequency.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
by the way, snapshots are activated of course, but where can i watch them, when on internal sd card? When using a nas as storage i can use them like normal pictures with browsing the share, but on sdcard i find no way.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
TVT73,

With my NVR (model in signature details below), 3 emails are sent for every event.
1) Event Start
2) Snapshot
3) Event end

Using Gmail filters, I only forward the 2nd email to my phone, to see the snapshot.
From my experience and research, Gmail is inconsistent. Sometimes all my snaps reach me, other times they don't. I'm not sure what the variable is. Sometimes, very stable. Other times, only 80% of snaps are forwarded to my phone.

I reduced latency on the NVR to 10 sec. (based on @nayr's suggestion). So the 3 emails take 30 sec min, total. That improved dependability, but slowed things down. And snaps still get dropped, but much less frequently than before.

gDMSS pro (the paid version, 5 or 10 bucks) alerts my phone immediately, with a video clip. So fast, virtually immediate when an alarm is seen. That's what I rely on for quick notification of an Alarm Event.

Some folks said Gmail is the problem, and recommended I switch to more robust email vendors. I didn't investigate. gDMSS is dependable and fast enough.

It's a combo of a) your email service, b) interval between emails, and c) attachments (eg: snaps). I don't think I ever lost email #1 or #3. Just #2. Sometimes email #2 comes through, but the snap isn't visible.

Conclusion: I chose to not fight the email dark forces anymore. gDMSS gives me the video clips. If I later want more info, everything is recorded on the NVR. Choose your battles and struggles wisely!

Last edited by a moderator:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting.on my hik2120 it sends 3 pics to one email.in settings I change to 4 but that wouldn't work.kept doing 3.i guess like fastb said just have to go with the flow hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb when u say alarm event.are u talking about ivs stuff or alarm I/o?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I get both - external (local) alarm wired to NVR Al input. And IVS, (line cross)
Ad long as the NVR squirts out the email, there is no difference (IVS or ext)

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr,
i have changed like you suggestet in 10s @ smtp ans 5s in Picture / event trigger and i run into the same issue, that no event mails will be send any more... Except one Mail with "noDisk" because of reboot tonight. But i had 2 Events recorded.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
TVT73,
You have the NVR set to "5s in Picture" ?
I wonder if that is "delay time", ie: anti-dither. Sometimes called "debounce"

Meaning the events would need a duration of at least 5 seconds. Shorter events would be ignored.
Could that be why emails aren't sent?

Another idea:
When configuring the email smtp settings, there should be a "test" button. (at least in the Dahua NVR, I can test the settings before exiting the smtp setup screen).

At this point, I'm not sure if you have a problem with a) the NVR sending emails or b) sent emails getting dropped by your email provider (eg: gmail).

My approach would be: get email working. Then work on sending & receiving pics.

Fastb

ipeecam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.
Ive just bought 2 of these (one at @12mm and another at 6mm which I might end up setting up on my neighbours property for him) to play with OpenALPR. My understanding is that they will only run chinese hacked firmware and that newer updates are signed so cannot be decompiled? Could you let me know what the best firmware to use would be?

Many thanks

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look at the first post in the thread link at the end of this post. Click on the spoiler buttons to see the version # and supported cameras. I've been running this firmware on 4431Ms for a while now and it works well. Check the version number against what's on your cameras to make sure you don't have the same version or something newer.
Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

ipeecam

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks. Do you know if it does a cropped substream image that I can feed openALPR?