Dahua DH-IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered on the 8th and it came today.underneath is where the sd card goes in.the latch with two screws.will try to set it up in drivewY this weekend :).

bosch pir sensor that is connected to dahua camera

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041WX11I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/
e192aeb012405791cb1c965f839ff4e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never seen a mount bracket like this before.will paint it light brown to match the wood post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They didnt give you a generic mount..not the dahua mount...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got a hikvision mount with the last gun-box I imported heh, seems the non-retail Dahua's in this form factor do not come w/a mount so whatever they send you is going to be something generic.. I think the only way to get an actual dahua mount is to find a retail unit.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
They included a Hikvision mount for me as well, which seems to be a much better fit than what you show on the picture here.
My cameras are pretty similar, just without SD card and alarm wires.

I have fitted it last weekend at the driveway, it's working, but I am still struggling with getting the 'best settings', in terms of image quality, motion detection / intrusion detection, etc. It's all new to me.
What I found out is that the tripwire IVS on the camera works great for example, but isn't able to trigger events on Synology Surveillance Station, so hopefully the camera's motion detection can, but haven't progressed on that yet.

Currently I'm having some problems getting the proper image quality, but that's mostly related to using Powerline adapters to connect the PoE-switch to the rest of the network I guess, so I'll have to change that first.

This is what I get out of it now, from a remote connection. I have seen a much better quality this weekend though, so there's some tuning to do :)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool nice video.i didn't know they had model with more ir distance.i wonder if that would of been overkill for my driveway.

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/UfAjeYvU

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I'll see if I can post some night footage, mine has 80m IR according to the seller, but I think it's more like 25m to be honest.
Although I am not sure how to properly measure :)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
80 feet is good enough for me:) @rtificial how much did u pay for yours? The reason I bought this one is because it was the only non dome cam with alarm inputs that I could find.havent installed mine yet.will be hooking up pir sensor to it once I have time.if it looks good I'll probably get that ir 150m version for bro's driveway.i find the smartpss app on windows to be more user friendly than the web login settings.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the version without alarm inputs, and paid ± 75€/81USD each.

Some night footage, still didn't get round to optimizing the quality and network connection, some other priorities :)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tested audio out using amp plus speaker.not bad.theres echo after speaking.will do more testing once it's setup outside.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have also this cam as this one.

I noticed several Firmware issues because my one was send with a firmware from 01.2016. The seller upgraded it to this lastest one:

Device Type IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I1

Software Version 2.460.0000.4.R, Build Date: 2016-06-21

WEB Version 3.2.1.354451

But now i have lost many new IVS functions. Only the basic ones exists, but i had used loitering detection p.e. And i still have the problem, that all mails send have the wrong time stamp. I have UTC+2 but the cam sends for -6h all mails. The infotime inside of the mail shows the right one. really strange.
But now the scheduler is working right.

Does anyone successfully can use smart codec on VideoSetup ? After activating the cam needs to reboot, but the it´s off again. That would be a really useful option to me.
Edit: seems to be used only for h264. And now is the third stream for 720p not available. I am trying to see any difference but for a high speed dsl i see no effect. bitrate seems to be lower like before, around 2Mbit with h264h Quality 6

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully next fw fixes it? I just need it to work with gmail plus the pir sensor.if all goes well then I'm golden:)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i finally hooked up the bosch od850 pir sensor.i enabled email alerts and i'm getting email every sec lol.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have also this cam as this one.

I noticed several Firmware issues because my one was send with a firmware from 01.2016. The seller upgraded it to this lastest one:

Device Type IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I1

Software Version 2.460.0000.4.R, Build Date: 2016-06-21

WEB Version 3.2.1.354451

But now i have lost many new IVS functions. Only the basic ones exists, but i had used loitering detection p.e. And i still have the problem, that all mails send have the wrong time stamp. I have UTC+2 but the cam sends for -6h all mails. The infotime inside of the mail shows the right one. really strange.
But now the scheduler is working right.

Does anyone successfully can use smart codec on VideoSetup ? After activating the cam needs to reboot, but the it´s off again. That would be a really useful option to me.
Edit: seems to be used only for h264. And now is the third stream for 720p not available. I am trying to see any difference but for a high speed dsl i see no effect. bitrate seems to be lower like before, around 2Mbit with h264h Quality 6
at the bottom of that link it says about a warning about smart codec.i have no idea.mines working good but i got to figure out the sensor.it's super sensitive.btw i also have same fw as you

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this got me puzzled.dahua cam only records 1 day of video recording.video settings are about the same as in the hikvision cam.hik records 3 days.hik cam has samsung evo 64gb card and dahua has sandisk 64gb.sandisk was ordered from newegg.big flaw on this cam is that tinycam pro sometimes says enter username and password.even though login info is correct the only way for tinycam to work with it again is to reboot the cam which is annoying.idmss works great with it but it doesnt start up automatically.is it possible to make the cam send only 1 pic every 5 mins the pir sensor is activated? it sends about 10 every time it senses a car or person.pir works great btw just needs bit more tweaking i think.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it sounds like you have something else locking the account out, typically for apps I use dedicated logins so they dont lock out system accounts and vice versa..

Play with the dither settings on your alarm input, I have mine set to about 30s so it can only be triggered twice a min and no faster.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm...how can I check what is locking it out? Just played with it some more.correction on tinycam app.gives me the "check username port #) then after about 40 -60 secs pic comes in.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i'm tinkering with chrome(ie tab) login and smartpss login.it's twilight zone material here.web login works fine i then access smartpss and cam is offline there.a little back and forth and web login password isnt accepted(cam locked out) lol.i did shorten password from 8 to 6 characters. i read a post from 3 years ago saying that dahua cams dont like long passwords?.my best guess is if you are going to enter cam from computer only do it from smartpss? or else cam starts to get weird if u enter from web browser + smartpss.cam is online now with smartpss software(windows 7)i'm not going to touch the web browser anymore.seems like a nice cam but lets see how well it does with what i need.if it does good this could be my future cam for installs for family members.:D

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
multiple failed logins will lock an account, and rebooting the camera is the quickest way to unlock it.. if you create a login called: smartpss with its own password, another for tinycam, and another for your NVR then if any program misbehaves and gets login failures they wont impact another program.

the log screen I believe show you failed login attempts.