Dahua DH-IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh that's the reason for tinycam acting weird.wish they just had the option of 1 password for everything lol.it acts like an email service account.multiple logins will make it a bit Wonkey.:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got mine in and put on a test rig in the rough location I want to install it, however its only a few feet off the ground and not 8ft or so that it will be finally... I wanted to see how the 12mm optics framed up the street parking and its night time capabilities.

image looks great, car is about 35ft away from the camera.. included a comparison shot from my front door PTZ @ full zoom (2MP @ 11mm) and you can see its much better.. real WDR really helps in my front yard.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
night time shots of me trying my door handle and looking directly into the camera.. I have lots of light up front and am using Gain Priority.

I have an IR spotlight on the way, we'll see how that helps

Version: 2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24 has all the IVS options

Attachments

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have also this cam as this one.

I noticed several Firmware issues because my one was send with a firmware from 01.2016. The seller upgraded it to this lastest one:

Device Type IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I1

Software Version 2.460.0000.4.R, Build Date: 2016-06-21

WEB Version 3.2.1.354451

But now i have lost many new IVS functions. Only the basic ones exists, but i had used loitering detection p.e. And i still have the problem, that all mails send have the wrong time stamp. I have UTC+2 but the cam sends for -6h all mails. The infotime inside of the mail shows the right one. really strange.
But now the scheduler is working right.

Does anyone successfully can use smart codec on VideoSetup ? After activating the cam needs to reboot, but the it´s off again. That would be a really useful option to me.
Edit: seems to be used only for h264. And now is the third stream for 720p not available. I am trying to see any difference but for a high speed dsl i see no effect. bitrate seems to be lower like before, around 2Mbit with h264h Quality 6
Hello, I have the exact same timestamp issue with my Dahua camera (6 hours ahead, where camera clock is set correctly ...)
Do you still have the same issue ?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
everything is working good here.i only use the alarm input with bosch sensor though.i dont use the ivs stuff.gmail works great.sd recording does have several gaps of just secs but no big deal for me.

Software Version2.460.0000.4.R, Build Date: 2016-06-21
WEB Version3.2.1.354451
ONVIF Version2.42
PTZ Version
Camera Version

Attachments

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have you tested the SMTP mail sending and checked the received time on an Android mail or Outlook ?
Would you be able to send me the latest fimwares ?

I have version 2.400.0000.8.R, build 2016-03-10

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My cameras dont send emails so cant help you there.. cant even test it since they cannot reach the internet.

@cor35vet posted up some updated and customized firmware for these.. with English/Spanish/French languages.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I send from gmail to hotmail.com.hotmail time is correct each time I get email.email comes in right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the mail settings are correct ... once the "test mail" says the mail is sent, settings are correct ...
I see you send a mail to gmail .... have you verified the "reception date / time ?

guess you are on GMT+2 as well ?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yup.time looks good when i do the test.maybe u need firmware update?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
again, issue is not the time setting ... time is set, synchronized with NTP server.
Issue is the timestamp OF THE MAIL sent by the Dahua camera in the mail inbox

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Like fa355115 wrote, but maybe its only a problem when using an ntp service? I also use a ntp service and timezone +2.

Look on my mail screenshot. the timestamp is the right one, on the right side up the utc time is totally wrong. When you look on the mail inbox you first see the wrong time stamp.
TimeStamp_wrong.JPG
All my other dahuas doesn´t have this bug.

the smart codec is still only a h264 feature and should not be selected for h264 codec.

I use also use tinycam pro (Version 7.0.2 Beta 4), introducing 7.0.1 i have solved with the app programmer the widget problems and some bugs in h265 / h264 widget problems with disturbed pictures. But it´s normal, that it will last about 30-40s to get a picture, because the video starts with the first full frame. The I-Frame intervall should normally be the double frame rate, therefore at 40-60s every full frame is send and it could last maximum this time for getting a picture.

I don´t know how gdmss hd works, but here i got faster the first picture.

@all, when using p2p you should give easy4ip app a try. I think this app does many thinks better than dmss hd. especially fullscreen and pitch to zoom witch is possible. Unfortunately it must use p2p service or easy4ip activated and need a working external ipv4 from your isp.

Next thing the missing ivs features in my firmware, dahua is playing around with this features, they seemd to have decision to move the loitering detection to IVS/Intrusion/ appears. This function does nearly the same.
I am very happy with the ivs, it´s much better than all normal moving detection.

I found another bug in conjunction with mails. If i send an alarm mail, i got only 1 picture. Thats defaults. But when i change Camera/video/snapshot option event to anything else than 1s and save this, i will never get a picture in the alarm mail! This will be left until i reset this option to defaults!!! I understand this option, that if i change it to 3s i will receive a mail with 3 pictures / 1s time steps.

The low light sensitivity is great, but in my case i found the 1 ir led version is to low. 20160928222454.jpg for getting this picture i had to choose blc compensation and 3d denoise at 50. On the first look the picture is great, but unusable for moving objects. look on the hedgehog. it has a shadow of moving. This is the effect of 3d denoise. When i have a person in the event i am unable to recognise here. The motion bluer is to high.

Now i have added a 3 led 9W ir spot and white light (also found on aliexpress), now i can switch of 3d noise and have a shutter speed of more then 1/100s (near 1/250). But i need to wait for the right lampshade, because i got not 90° its now 60°. They are on the way.
-1994985205-211606828.jpg
Wohnwagen - 2016-10-10 21.28.36.jpg
now i have no problems with moving objects. they are sharp and have no motion bluer. So i advice you to choose more ir leds versions or use external ones. In my case an external ir led have also some more benefits, p.e. rain is now less viewable, no spider problems any more...
The visible light is switched on by ivs rules, but now without getting a better picture quality, because the ir light is much brighter than before. Thats how it should work.

The Last problem is finding a suitable mic... nothing i tried is working as i wanted or compared to the dahuas with an integrated one.

so far for today. i still hope for a fixed firmware for the mail issue. all the rest is just minor.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i played around for some effects of the hlc and blc. Now i have set 3dnr on 50, the previous picture was on 30 (with a more disturbed picture)
Wohnwagen - 2016-10-10 21.44.55.jpgWohnwagen - 2016-10-10 21.44.30.jpg

BLC Mode HLC Mode

HLC reduced the over light in the center, but doesn´t get a better light. So if have have received the lampshade for 90° i think the picture will be as good as with the internal ir led, expect of no need of using blc :laugh: .

btw, i only use h265 codec. I am happy with it, because of the limited upload for my caravan installation. Only my android devices have problems with the framerate on h265. i only get 2-3 frames, for these codec you need a goog and fast gpu on the mobiles! On the browser plugin the frame rate is perfect.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
check out my bullet mic review in the accessories subforum.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TVT73 so u are saying when 3s is selected in the snapshot box i'm suppose to get 3 pics in one email? i noticed whenever the cam sends an email it sends one with 1 pic and another without a pic.where in settings do i disable the one without the pic?

Attachments

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi mando209,
My seller means, that this should give us more preview picture than one. Maybe anyone here does exactly know what dahua expect to be this function. What i know is when i change this option, i will never get an email picture again, till i set it to defaults in this menu and save it.
I didn´t know a way to remove the annoying event start and stop mails. They are senseless.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats the frequency of emails, and most providers have a limit on how fast they can be sent.. so if you set it too low you'll have issues like dropped attachments or just not arriving at all.

usually your not allowed to send more than one every 5s as the very lower limit.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you sure that this option isn't set up in Network/Email ?

Or what does this one mean? EMail Settings.JPG

When you are right, how do we remove the start / stop mails and receive only ! the mail with picture of event in attachment?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
setup mail filters to junk the start/stop emails automatically.