Dahua camera LED only has flash/strobe setting, how can i make the LED stay on with a motion event? **SOLVED**

AymBro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i have followed with hundreds of these threads and loved the knowledge you all have so here is my question..

Just purchased a Dahua 2MP active deterrent IPC camera to add to the front door,
(Model IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV)
I specifically chose this model as when i walked in the store it was on display and the warm LED light on the camera turned straight on upon my entry, and the light stayed lit for about 10 seconds..

I have been through all my Dahua NVR4.0 settings and can’t seem to find the option to make the LED not strobe on and off when it detects a motion/tripwire event, i need the LED to stay ON :banghead:

Do i need to change this setting via the Web Ui?
Because that a whole different problem I’m having.. appreciate the advice in advance here is a photo of the camera, it has one IR and one LED illuminator.
7A0CEAD3-19E7-4BDF-AC81-0296BEA40AA8.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, you need to set this in the camera gui.

Follow the instructions on this thread on how to get to the camera gui from within the NVR gui (basically you type in the IP address of the NVR in Internet Explorer and then navigate to the screen that shows the e browser icon for each camera):

1637241616873.png

AymBro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately i have already followed the instructions on that page and have had no luck..

I am accessing the NVR through the static IP on chrome web browser, if i click the Internet Explorer icon on my newer IPC cameras they will open the the WEB UI no problem.. but my oldest 2MP camera shows “This site cant be reached”

I have even tried to enter the cameras IP directly into chrome browser and setup my PC to match the IP/Subnet but still the WEB UI will not load :(
Also have
Therefore i cant change the LED/Strobe setting. I have attached photos of the NVR view and WEB Ui loading screen
B1EE3737-3A3B-462B-8AD5-7BD4EC85CF23.jpeg
A5960160-EF8D-4536-8785-2D94E54EF293.jpeg

Crows

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think port 10080 is being blocked now ?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
As above regarding port 10080. Try the following that i posted on another thread as a work around

First of all sign out of NVR.

Sign into NVR. This starts the process

Pick a camera from your list that you do not want to access.

The first camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10080

As you know it is not possible to access the camera using the address. Close pop up window or tab.

Now select a camera you do want to access

The next camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10081

it is now possible to access the required camera and all other cameras except the first one selected.

Signing out of the NVR and back in again will restart the addressing sequence.

Hope this workaround helps

Griswald

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chrome and other browsers block "unsafe" ports.
The key is the error message at bottom of your screenshot, not saying this works for chrome as I dont run chrome with my IPC's I just use IE for them.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm OP's screenshot of the NVR GUI shows the cameras have a 10.1.1.x scheme, but the web UI error (after clicking the IE icon) shows a 192.168.0.x scheme.

That does not seem right. What am I missing?

AymBro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you ‘Crows’ and ‘Griwswalduk’
The links to the forums and Gris’s write up helped me solve my issue and i was able to access the Web Ui and change the camera LED to stay on with motion. Cant thank you enough its been days of headaches and confusions…
I think port 10080 is being blocked now ?
As above regarding port 10080. Try the following that i posted on another thread as a work around

First of all sign out of NVR.

Sign into NVR. This starts the process

Pick a camera from your list that you do not want to access.

The first camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10080

As you know it is not possible to access the camera using the address. Close pop up window or tab.

Now select a camera you do want to access

The next camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10081

it is now possible to access the required camera and all other cameras except the first one selected.

Signing out of the NVR and back in again will restart the addressing sequence.

Hope this workaround helps

Griswald

AymBro

n3wb
Reaction score
Now that you mention the error message it all makes sense. I’ve also switched to IE, thanks
Chrome and other browsers block "unsafe" ports.
The key is the error message at bottom of your screenshot, not saying this works for chrome as I dont run chrome with my IPC's I just use IE for them.

AymBro

n3wb
Reaction score
You most certainly did!
However this morning i have a new issue. Trying to log into the Camera WEB UI with IE again but it only shows me a blank screen on one of the camera's...
Tried going back to chrome, restarting NVR, router and my PC but it doesnt seem to load the Web UI login, i really do not want to reset this camera for the 15'th time.
Hmmm...didn't I mention to use Internet Explorer in post #2....;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So what happened is one of the other cams add-ons is conflicting with this cam.

You can go into Explorer and delete all of the extension add-ons that are camera related and then open that camera up again and you will see it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
additionally, i see no mention of the available IE tab in Chrome. Not that it would solve the problem. but ...just saying.....Screenshot 2021-11-20 214737.png