Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found a fix for the camera going off line? I am afraid to do a firmware update. I did a screen capture showing what firmware I am using. My camera goes off line anywhere from 2 to 10 times a day and the only way to get it back on line is to unplug the cat cable then plug it back in. This is very frustrating. I only use it to watch an owl on a nest but soon I will have it on IPcamlive and I never know when the camera has stopped unless I am sitting at my computer. I have not set the camera to do anything. I haven't set up any triggers or notifications. All I am asking the camera to do is RUN, I have changed the cat cable, and the thing all the cables plug into( switch?) and I am not using an NVR. When using PSS it will go off line and sometimes I can open the config tool and it will show it is running so I can watch the camera there. I also installed the latest PSS in hopes that it might have been the issue. Surely there's a fix for this. I have attached a screen capture that I hope will explain something to someone that understands log file info. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks in advance! Terri

Attachments

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an earlier version of the firmware (2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21) and while I had the same issue, it was a cable (actually connector) problem. I wonder what version BI and what the settings are for your camera? What about your power supply?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found a fix for the camera going off line? I am afraid to do a firmware update. I did a screen capture showing what firmware I am using. My camera goes off line anywhere from 2 to 10 times a day and the only way to get it back on line is to unplug the cat cable then plug it back in. This is very frustrating. I only use it to watch an owl on a nest but soon I will have it on IPcamlive and I never know when the camera has stopped unless I am sitting at my computer. I have not set the camera to do anything. I haven't set up any triggers or notifications. All I am asking the camera to do is RUN, I have changed the cat cable, and the thing all the cables plug into( switch?) and I am not using an NVR. When using PSS it will go off line and sometimes I can open the config tool and it will show it is running so I can watch the camera there. I also installed the latest PSS in hopes that it might have been the issue. Surely there's a fix for this. I have attached a screen capture that I hope will explain something to someone that understands log file info. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks in advance! Terri
I would definitely look at fault isolating all components in the mix. Which POE switch are you running, make, model etc and what else do you have plugged into it ?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes sounds like not enough per port power (if consumer POE switch) or total POE budget available on the switch if an SMB or enterprise switch.

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one of these that has been running since Jan 2019 without a single hiccup. I run mine from a dedicated 12V supply. My reasoning is that with the pan & tilt motors and high power IR LEDs, I wanted to be sure it had enough power.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, 12v power adapter no injector. I have cat 6 cable that loony suggested.( replaced last March) The only thing I have not replaced is the camera itself. And last Sept I got a new PC and I replaced my ethernet splitter. The only pattern I have found is my camera goes off line in PSS before it does when I'm using the config browser. Sometimes I am able to watch the camera in config for many hours after PSS says it can't find camera but if I touch any of the controls in the config browser while watching owlcam I get a pop up that says to log in again. And when I try to log in it can't find the camera. Sometimes it will auto reboot or I have to unplug the cat cable momentarily to force it to reboot. I will add a screen capture in case I am not making myself clear.
I really do not trust the firmware. It seems like everyone is having added issues after installing it.
If there is anywhere I can look within my camera settings to see what my issue might be, I'd appreciate you adding directions on where I need to look and how to get there. I really don't want to start paying for IPcamlive and people to not be able to watch my owlcam because the camera is off line. BTW All settings are still factory except for changing the time zone. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time! Terri

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing I was thinking of doing is plugging the 12v adapter from the camera into a battery back up/ surge protector then into the receptacle in the attic just in case there is anything going on with the juice that powers the camera. I already have my PC, router, modem and everything PC related plugged into a back up surge protector behind my PC.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an earlier version of the firmware (2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21) and while I had the same issue, it was a cable (actually connector) problem. I wonder what version BI and what the settings are for your camera? What about your power supply?
What is BI and where do I find the info?

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A question about triangulation. Our house is at the right side at the end of a cul de sac where everyone is on large 1+ acre lots, and I am thinking about using the camera to normally track on vehicles on the street coming towards the cul de sac and tracking them as they come down the street. However, for capturing vehicles/people going out, I have a camera in the yard that could be used to trigger the camera to turn around to track those cars/people. The neighbors would really like me to install a camera that would track the ins and outs as none of them have cameras and there have been some burglaries in the area.

How would I set up this kind of trigger in blue iris? After awhile, the PTZ would need to go back to it's street facing orientation. I have looked up the cliff notes but there is not a lot of info there on PTZ cam setup etc...

Apologies if I have missed something! This is my first foray into PTZs.

Thanks!

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this is my camera configuration that is working fine;
2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24
WEB Version3.2.1.662493
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.3.580229)
PTZ Version3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722
S/N4M01717PAJ41872
Safe Baseline VersionV1.3

How are your camera and router configured as far as IP numbers? Is your camera set to a static IP and the router DHCP pool configured outside of the IP of your camera?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this is my camera configuration that is working fine;
2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24
WEB Version3.2.1.662493
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.3.580229)
PTZ Version3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722
S/N4M01717PAJ41872
Safe Baseline VersionV1.3

How are your camera and router configured as far as IP numbers? Is your camera set to a static IP and the router DHCP pool configured outside of the IP of your camera?
My camera is set to static. Yes it is set outside of the IP of my camera. I attached a pic of my ac adapter in the attic

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since everyone thinks I have a power problem, how can I do a test to confirm your theory? Is there something in a log file or some where in the camera where I can check that? If so please explain how I get to it please. For some reason my PSS program has too many glitches and goes off line. I uninstalled the program I was using and installed a newer version but it didn't help. Yesterday after I went into the attic to take a pic of the adapter to confirm it is a 12v 3amp, I logged into the config tool and have been running the camera since it rebooted yesterday at 5:45 PM . I can't touch any of the controls or it will make me log in and then it can't find the owlcam forcing me to reboot ( unplug cable) . So I am going to see how long it will run without me touching anything. So it has never ran this long without going off line. So now I have a question. Can someone tell me what the difference is between unplugging the cat cable to cause a reboot and unplugging the ac adapter which causes a reboot. So other than both methods causing a reboot, what does unplugging the ac adapter do different than unplugging the cable do? Does unplugging the ac adapter reset anything? It just seems odd that my camera is all of a sudden running. Of course I have never gone this long without trying to use the controls to search for the owls higher in the tree. Thanks in advance. Terri