Can't see motion vs. continuous in HikVision web app

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're doing this remotely to an NVR in Oz?
Ballsy or what??
Yep. Just did it 10 minutes ago. Upgraded from 3.4.2 to 3.4.91. Thankfully the NVR rebooted. It did ask me to upgrade WebComponents, which I did without a problem. My HikVision cameras are recognized. The timeline still shows continuous recording on the top line in blue with no motion in red underneath. Maybe I need to go into the settings and retweak things. Or maybe just the historical stuff on the old firmware doesn't show. I'll keep everyone posted, as this was the sole reason for my upgrading the firmware, so that I could see motion over the web interface when recording continuously.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! Adrenaline junky.
Well, the firmware does show the motion events in the web GUI, so you'll get there OK after your review.
Take a device config backup now.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same problem with as in the original post with a brand new rebranded Hikvision NVR. I don't know if I can use the Hikvision firmware with it or not, and I don't want to brick it. My planned solution is to switch to Dahua, just waiting for Andy to confirm stock on the 5216-4ks2.
Yep, after seeing the web interface on the new Dahua I just installed at another location in Australia and the review of their new Starlight cameras, I'm done with backward ass HikVision. The pity was that I ordered the Dahua NVR and the cameras (Which were on back order), flew to Australia, received the NVR, cabled the place, installed it, tested it briefly with a Hik camera and a Trendnet one (Dahua wouldn't recognize the Hik and little of the functionality of the Trendnet), but then the Dahua Starlights never arrived before I had to fly back to the US.

Another trip... :-(

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After the initial fanfare, here's an update. I can confirm that with the latest NVR firmware (3.4.91), email notifications using Gmail now work. So last night I set up motion, line crossing and intrusion detection on two cameras with email notification. This morning I received emails for all three. A check of the camera footage showed that this worked correctly. In playback mode, however, on the timeline that shows where events are taking place, only the motion detection blips appear. No line crossing or intrusion detection. I know from the footage and emails that these did take place and were detected correctly. There is a pushbutton icon on the web playback control that allows you to select what blips you would like to see in the timeline. This icon is disabled until you begin playback. Once you begin, the choices are Clear (The default), Motion, Line Crossing Detection and Intrusion Detection. If Clear is selected, you see nothing on the timeline (The lower one. The upper will be a solid Continuos recording blue). If Motion is detected, you see the red blips for motion. If Line Crossing or Intrusion Detection as selected, you see nothing.

So it's still buggy.

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you confirm your motion detection settings on the NVR? Some screenshots would be helpfull.

Jpastor

n3wb
Reaction score
I spoke to Hikvision tech support. Guy wasn't hearing me and basically remoted in and opened the manual for me to look at. I am having the same error on a standalone camera. When I first setup the camera it was workign playback on camera or from ivms would show continuous and events. Now I can only get either or. It is driving me mad as it was working but I just had to "tweak" some settings. Any help would be appreciated.