Cannot connect WiFi IP Camera to NVR

neluttu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

Cannot get this thing working ... Here's my setup:

1 internet ONT (router with fiber optics) with a WAN IP and a local network 192.168.1.1, DHCP enabled
From the ONT -> one simple switch with 8 ports (damn ONT has only one network port).
From this switch I have connected one Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
In the NVR I have an IP Camera (4k) connected to the first PoE port that works great.
In the local network I have another IP camera connected by WiFi (DS-2CD2420F-IW).

The WiFi Camera works great in the local network, I can access it without any problem.
Now.
I want to add the wifi camera to my NVR for recording. As I said, my LAN is 192.168.1.x. The NVR's internal NIC is 192.168.254.x - so the cameras connected in the PoE port receive a 254. IP.

I've attached a screenshot with the IP CAMERA CONFIGURATION on the NVR. I get Network abnormal error. The WiFi camera has a local network IP (192.168.1.3). Everytime I try to connect it, I get network abnormal.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this fixed? I know that the camera and the PoE cameras are not on the same subnet, but I cannot set the NVR internal NIC to be the same as the LAN. It drives me crazy :)

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've attached a screenshot with the IP CAMERA CONFIGURATION on the NVR. I get Network abnormal error. The WiFi camera has a local network IP (192.168.1.3). Everytime I try to connect it, I get network abnormal.
What the default gateway set to on the WiFi camera?
Should be 192.168.1.1

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi!

Cannot get this thing working ... Here's my setup:

1 internet ONT (router with fiber optics) with a WAN IP and a local network 192.168.1.1, DHCP enabled
From the ONT -> one simple switch with 8 ports (damn ONT has only one network port).
From this switch I have connected one Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
In the NVR I have an IP Camera (4k) connected to the first PoE port that works great.
In the local network I have another IP camera connected by WiFi (DS-2CD2420F-IW).

The WiFi Camera works great in the local network, I can access it without any problem.
Now.
I want to add the wifi camera to my NVR for recording. As I said, my LAN is 192.168.1.x. The NVR's internal NIC is 192.168.254.x - so the cameras connected in the PoE port receive a 254. IP.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this fixed? I know that the camera and the PoE cameras are not on the same subnet, but I cannot set the NVR internal NIC to be the same as the LAN. It drives me crazy :)

Then skin the cat from the other end and change the wireless AP and camera to be on NVR IP range?

Else, wouldn't you need a router and rules set to route traffic between the two?

I set up an old router to act as an AP for a pair of WiFi cams I'm playing with. This is a dedicated LAN so I set the AP IP to be on the same subnet and also set the cams to IPs on the same subnet. BI then sees them and connects to them fine through the AP.

Last edited:

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Or, after VERY quick scan of NVR manual, appears possible to add csm outside the subnet with custom protocol setup.

Maybe have a look on that topic through the manual and see if it applies.

neluttu

n3wb
Reaction score
Or, after VERY quick scan of NVR manual, appears possible to add csm outside the subnet with custom protocol setup.

Maybe have a look on that topic through the manual and see if it applies.
Thanks! I saw a video on youtube with a NVR that was able to display the POE cameras alongside a WiFi Cam (just like mine) - on different subnets, no other settins (protocols).
See the end of this clip:

The WiFi cam is just like mine I believe.