Can I update my DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P bought off Amazon, from Amazon

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

This might be a daft question, but I have HIKVision NVR (DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P) and if I'm reading it right I should be able to update it with this FW.

ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Product%20Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2)%207700NI-E4/V3.4.90%20build161008%20English+Multi-lingual/External_NVR_V3.4.90_build160926_Release%20Notes.pdf

The only thing that is stopping me at the mo is that my Model number has /A after it and this isn't on the list of models that are supported, but I don't know if this /A matters.

Below is a screen shot from my Basic Information on the NVR.

upload_2016-11-10_18-28-0.png

Also which of the two would you suggest I choose out of the following, I think the EN one, but again not 100% sure.

upload_2016-11-10_18-41-31.png

I'm fairly sure that if the worse happens I can return to Amazon, but would like someones advice first.

I really only want to upgrade as at the moment I am having issues with the Pictures being attached to the emails for events and want to see if this will help.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that 3.4.90 EU firmware you quoted certainly checks for the availability of the alarm board, and reacts based on whether it finds one or not.
The ML version is multi-language - it's your choice whether that or just English would be better.
I'd say that firmware should work OK on your NVR, especially as you have the NI variant.
It will also provide a few benefits - not least of which are the various ways to do a self-service password reset.
I don't know if the email problem will be fixed though.
One thing to watch - don't ignore the 'New version of webcomponents' message and not install it - that firmware requires the newer version to dispaly the video properly.
As always with this type of action though, there is always an element of uncertainty.
If it doesn't accept it via the web GUI, I wouldn't force it via tftp.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, that 3.4.90 EU firmware you quoted certainly checks for the availability of the alarm board, and reacts based on whether it finds one or not.
The ML version is multi-language - it's your choice whether that or just English would be better.
I'd say that firmware should work OK on your NVR, especially as you have the NI variant.
It will also provide a few benefits - not least of which are the various ways to do a self-service password reset.
I don't know if the email problem will be fixed though.
One thing to watch - don't ignore the 'New version of webcomponents' message and not install it - that firmware requires the newer version to dispaly the video properly.
As always with this type of action though, there is always an element of uncertainty.
If it doesn't accept it via the web GUI, I wouldn't force it via tftp.
thanks dude, I'll give it a try over this weekend me thinks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk