camera wall mount adapter for grooved walls?

S0daBs

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience mounting cameras onto irregular grooved walls like this? Is there any specific wall mount I can buy? If I install turret or dome wall mounts it won't be flush but a bullet cam mount is pretty small and it can fit right in the middle BUT turrets/dome are what I want.

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Whether using a PFA-130 or a PFB203W Wall Mount, you'll have to measure what flat areas exist, and see if they fit.

If not, a piece of pressure treated lumber that is shaped to fit the corrugated peaks and valleys to create a good flat mounting surface. Have you considered spanning two of the shallow peaks and just filling the top/bottom gap with clear sealant? Either that, a piece of PT plywood to fill make up the depth between two of the shallow peaks.

I'm working with a circa 1960's corrugated masonry surface now that has alternating 3" wide peaks separated by a 5" valley. I ended up getting some aluminum plate to span two peaks, then I'll mount the hardware to the plate.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm working with a circa 1960's corrugated masonry surface now that has alternating 3" wide peaks separated by a 5" valley. I ended up getting some aluminum plate to span two peaks, then I'll mount the hardware to the plate.
Pic below of a prev install on the surface mentioned earlier. Thankfully the mount flange on the box spanned the valley, and no extra brackets were needed.

IMG_2445.JPG

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know I've seen trim pieces that will match profile of metal sheeting. It's helpful if you know the manufacturer and the profile ordered. Which is much easier said than done sometimes.

But I like the idea of going on the high rib as well. Let any water just drain behind it. aluminum bar, treated 1x2, whatever you have on hand.

CBagz

n3wb
Reaction score
EAC7BCD7-3C46-4104-9F0D-44CCEB20EAA1.jpeg

Saw this posted online. It's not what you want but that's what it would look like.