Calculate dew point from temp & humidity

Calculate dew point from temp & humidity 1.3

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

jgray99

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
jgray99 updated Calculate dew point from temp & humidity with a new update entry:

Dewpoint Addon

New, updated version! Resolved a couple bugs.
  • Fixes
    • Is only called on 'weather_get_temp' now. Prior to this change it was being called on both 'weather_get_temp' and 'weather_get_humidity" which was causing a race condition and therefore not always updating properly. Big thanks to AMP for identifying the problem and solution.
  • Additions
    • Automatically adds dewpoint to the everything file. (NOTE: This...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome changes @jgray99, excited to try this version out. I love how you added the dewpoint.log file, but it doesn't seem to be creating the file for me. Also, don't see it in everything.txt...Does that show up properly in BIT's log here?
upload_2019-6-14_15-47-3.png

I'm thinking of a solution to easily add text to the everything.txt file without it getting overwritten by the CPU monitor, I'll let you know what I come up with and let me know if you have any ideas. Maybe something as simple as having something like everything2.txt or addon.txt be a file that could contain a string that BIT will easily add to the regular everything.txt file.

Also, on the next release switch the version date and release date. The release date is the date of the initial release, while the version date is the date of the current version.

Great work with this add-on! I'm really happy to see this add-on system being used and will gladly improve on it.

jgray99

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Good point about the dates. I'll adjust them when I get another chance. Sorry I'm releasing updates with so many bugs. I've got to spend more time testing on multiple machines.

The addon system is quite good as far as I'm concerned. Very well thought out and intuitive. On a similar note, have you ever considered making BIT open source. I think it would be very interesting to help you develop it. Just a thought.

jgray99

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So I went ahead and made a couple quick changes. I removed the log rotation function which seems to be causing most of the problem. I also changed the dates. Hopefully it will work for you.

I can't find any way to have the dewpoint.log file show up in the BIT interface. What am I missing?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
So I went ahead and made a couple quick changes. I removed the log rotation function which seems to be causing most of the problem. I also changed the dates. Hopefully it will work for you.

I can't find any way to have the dewpoint.log file show up in the BIT interface. What am I missing?
I checked the code and BIT looks for "bit" within the filename, otherwise it won't add it to the list. I could either change this to add all files with the .log extension or you could add bit into the filename. Thinking what's best for long term...

jgray99

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm happy to change the filename. Just didn't know.

James

MJs

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting "Dewpoint: " in everything.txt and on overlay, but no dpf or dpc.
bit-dewpoint log shows temperature(f), temp (c), rh. But no dpc or dpf is being logged.
Again dewpoint.txt is blank (empty) and only "Dewpoint: " goes to everything.txt and overlay. Results button does not show any Dewpoint: info and Log does not update when Updating weather manually, only at timed updates.
Any idea why dpf or dpc won't update everything.txt or dewpoint.txt or overlay? seems to have the right path and getting temp and rh data. ?

MJs

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting "Dewpoint: " in everything.txt and on overlay, but no dpf or dpc.
bit-dewpoint log shows temperature(f), temp (c), rh. But no dpc or dpf is being logged.
Again dewpoint.txt is blank (empty) and only "Dewpoint: " goes to everything.txt and overlay. Results button does not show any Dewpoint: info and Log does not update when Updating weather manually, only at timed updates.
Any idea why dpf or dpc won't update everything.txt or dewpoint.txt or overlay? seems to have the right path and getting temp and rh data. ?

Nevermind, turning off F or C in localization and now working, Just cannot calc with both selected I guess.