c# listening for Hikvision events

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i am also trying to subscribe for events, i think onvif is a nogo, i have the ds-kd8003 intercom, it seems it has the S profile for onvif, so no events there
sdk is cool, but then you need to have a service running on a PC? an overkill
so i was thinking about isapi, the do a polling each 2-3 sec, anyone tried that? will it overload with messages?
push is better offcourse

DannyDS

n3wb
Reaction score
We use the alarm listener function in the SDK, I have also tried the ISAPI function but obviously you have to have an active connection to site 24/7.

If you don't like the idea of it overloading with messages as it constantly sends alarms until it clears down, you could try creating an SMTP server and parsing the emails into usable alarm data as it only sends one email per alarm activation.

We have around 500 hikvisions that send around 250,000 signals between them a day and don't have any negative performance effects

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Intercom ds-kd8003 , siwth outdoor doorbell and indoor station... i dont see any support to setup SMTP and setup mail alerts for events, it doesnt have it
i just received some new API for ISAPI events, so i was thinking to setup a nodeJS like example a few posts back , thats easy to run on a docker somewhere, so connection is not an issue

but can you share tha alarm app? want to see if it works on my intercom too, is that also based on ISAPI requests?