Boy Tears Off Branch On My Front Yard Tree

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please keep us posted on if they are found. Obviously locals, so hopefully someone on NextDoor coughs up their name.

And be prepared for someone to call you a Karen LOL. My local Nextdoor that is all people do is stick up for the perps.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are school kids, but I cannot say I have seen them walking by before. I went back one day on my cameras around the same time period and I did not see them. They will probably walk by again.
Maybe go out and have a chat with them in your best Sergeant Carter voice.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Put the video on your phone so when you talk to the little shit you can show him so HE will know that YOU got him by the short hairs... :headbang: :mad:

EDIT: BTW, that tree may be under the City of Cypress maintenance, hence the little shit's parents could be held accountable if the tree suffered permanent damage ==>> Parkway Tree Policy

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
As I stated above, I posted the video along with a still picture of the boy on my Nextdoor site. Lots of replies to it. Today I got a private message from the mother of the one of the boys in the video. He is the one with the glasses and baseball hat. She has banned him from seeing the boy and says that the boy goes to Bell Intermediate school and is in the 7th grade. The tree is actually the property of the City of Cypress, but I water and maintain it. My hope is that the parents of the boy see the video. I might add that I have further video of them walking down the street towards my house and interacting foolishly with the cars driving by.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, the end of that video shows another camera where you can barely see (upper left corner of the video) them going through the picket fence of where the mastermind kid lives. He's the one proudly talking about how he broke his parents fence so they could sneak onto Dad's property.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Parley take the video to the school defo.

We used to deal with juvenille theives like that. Circulate the vidoe stills to the local schools and they'd usually identify the subject in hours and contact their parents. Unfortunately we can't do it now because of GDPR - bloody EU!! Can't even send video / stills from 1 branch to another. Even the Police who come to investigate a crime have to go away and request a copy in wiriting.

As for the fence camera, at least they showed you a vulnerability. Time to get the back angle blocked so no-one else can circle around the back and attack the cameras. I'd also present the parents with a bill for the damage.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of the comments from my Nextdoor site:

1. they look like some boys that hang around the Vons Plaza at times. I think they’ve l come into the store I work at, Yellow Cart, and cause trouble once or twice I think.

2. I have seen the boy that pulled the branch with 2 other boys in vons parking lot cussing and screaming at an elderly man and acting very disrespectful asking people what the bleep are they looking at ?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the kid was actually able move the camera a little with whatever he was hitting it with.
Well, bricks are heavy. Fortunately for the little shits there were plenty of bricks stacked in in the backyard behind a latched gate. Why they feel the need to steal bricks, I dunno. I like how the mastermind who wants to break the camera is smart enough to walk behind it. Guess he didn't tell blondie about the cam...LOL!

My Dad is 86 years old....he's more patient with kids than I am.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of the comments from my Nextdoor site:

1. they look like some boys that hang around the Vons Plaza at times. I think they’ve l come into the store I work at, Yellow Cart, and cause trouble once or twice I think.

2. I have seen the boy that pulled the branch with 2 other boys in vons parking lot cussing and screaming at an elderly man and acting very disrespectful asking people what the bleep are they looking at ?
Fat boy is the mastermind of this gang. Good for the mother of the other kid to tell him not to hang out with fat boy anymore.