alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah - I already asked that quite a few posts back but it was missed I think

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using config tool?
Yes, I'm using the dahua config tool program.

Does the Link Detect or PoE LED come on?
WIthout that - it's dead.
Not sure now, the switch is new to me. I remember it having a light, but that's it. the switch software, under monitoring has a "Cable Tester". Every time I ran that with the cam and port, it showed open port. Then to see how it behaves, I connected one Amcrest cam and then it would show "OK".

Last edited:

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi why don't you just try a 12v DC plug to make sure it fire's up even without a ethernet cable connected it should still go through a start up cycle . then you would know it's something else wrong,

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
are you using the dahua config tool program? to initialize the camera?
Yeah, not once did it find the IP of the cam, but did show my other cams.
Does the camera respond to ping?

Push the windows button and then R

Type cmd and hit enter

Type Ping 192.168.1.108, hit enter

You should see this
No I will give it a try. But you had me on my laptop. I'm guessing that were you want me to try. I'm going to go off DHCP on my BI computer and set it back up manually and have a look at the stuff you all asking about.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi why don't you just try a 12v DC plug to make sure it fire's up even without a ethernet cable connected it should still go through a start up cycle . then you would know it's something else wrong,
did that yesterday and nothing happened.
I'm gonna give it another try, but I believe it's dead and it came that way. Not once did it go through a start up cycle. That was why I started this thread and then really never got that answer if it would do a start up cycle, had to go to another thread and two tell it would do so. I admit my networking skills were gone at the beginning of this thread but after messing with this since Monday, I got the basics down.
I'm going to set up my laptop as that will be quick and ping the cam after I get some coffee me.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
did that yesterday and nothing happened.
I'm gonna give it another try, but I believe it's dead and it came that way. Not once did it go through a start up cycle. That was why I started this thread and then really never got that answer if it would do a start up cycle, had to go to another thread and two tell it would do so. I admit my networking skills were gone at the beginning of this thread but after messing with this since Monday, I got the basics down.
I'm going to set up my laptop as that will be quick and ping the cam after I get some coffee me.
Yes it the camera isn't spinning within a min or two of powering there is a problem

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it the camera isn't spinning within a min or two of powering there is a problem
Cam is on it's way back to Amazon.

Anyone have a link to a american version on a 12v power supply on Amazon?

And thanks again for all your help.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Minute or two... Yep. This model takes a much longer time to power up and begin motion range calibrations than any of my other Dahuas. The first one of these I purchased I thought was dead. Then I happened to leave power attached longer and it came to life.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some times you simply get a dud - it is an electronic - Andy will take care of you. You will spend a lot more for an american version. Test the PTZ you got and be amazed at that camera.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great news everyone, received my replacement cam in the mail yesterday afternoon. After dinner, I gave it a go and it powered right up.....Yeah boy!!!!

I went and change everything on my network to static and then changed my wireless to static. Everything in the house still has internet, but not my BI computer that is hooked up to the switch and the wireless router is hooked up to the switch. Can log in the wireless router, but have no internet to set up my new cam. Did not know the standard was to use a app on phone to first log in and can't do that, everything involved had to be on the same network.

Guess my question would be, do you guys run static or DHCP for your network?
Since I don't know what the hell I'm doing in that regard, should I just run in DHCP?
And can I bypass the using the app on my phone to log in for the first time after I change the IP to DHCP on the cam using the Comfigtool from Andy, that is if it's possible?
Or should I ask my network questions in the network section?
I feel like a kid on Christmas......LOL
Oh and Merry Christmas to all of you.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I run two separate network address schemes, one for cameras and one for everything else. I think you're problem is that the camera is on a 192.168.1.108 address while your network is on something else, like 192.168.xxx.xxx. You need to temporarily "move" your computer to the 192.168.1.xxx subnet.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I run two separate network address schemes, one for cameras and one for everything else. I think you're problem is that the camera is on a 192.168.1.108 address while your network is on something else, like 192.168.xxx.xxx. You need to temporarily "move" your computer to the 192.168.1.xxx subnet.
Yeah, I changed all that. BI computer is now on 192.168.xxx.xxx, switch also on that, had to change my wireless to a static which now on the same network. 1920168.xxx.xxx
I can log into the wireless on the BI computer, and make changes. No no internet. I ran windows network diagnostics and it could not fix it, saying problem found, the default gateway in not available. I have everything on the gateway setup as 192.168.1.1 except my wireless, I don't see anything to set on that except there is a section there labeled, Static Route Settings and it's blank right now and the help button on that is saying,"entries in this list will allow traffic to route to a different subnet that is connected to the LAN interface. Any traffic destined for a network/mask pair will be directed to the corresponding gatway instead of routed through WANs." I don't have Wan setup, it's a wireless router to transmit my hotspot off my phone.

Can I use the Dauha config tool to change the IP address and then use it without have to use my phone to log in?
And if I can and things don't work, I can just reset the cam?

I'd be curious how you run to differenet network schemes unless it's vlan stuff. In a perfect world, it's prefect that there is no internet expect for updates on computer, BI, etc etc.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I cheat. I use two NICs in the BI machine, one for the camera subnet and one for the "public" network. Never the twain shall meet because the BI machine is a solid firewall that way.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cheat. I use two NICs in the BI machine, one for the camera subnet and one for the "public" network. Never the twain shall meet because the BI machine is a solid firewall that way.
I'm might have to look at that. Might be easier that way for me instead of learning vlang stuff that my switch could do.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm might have to look at that. Might be easier that way for me instead of learning vlang stuff that my switch could do.