Blue Iris UI3

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I see the same (static images) with BI 5.7.4.1 and IOS 16.4.1. Was fine on the same/earlier version of BI before updating from IOS 16.3.1. I don't get the errors as above.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you sure. I thought mine was fine too but I noticed when I clicked on a camera the image was static i.e. it wasn't playing the video it was just showing a picture (time never advanced).

I'm on 5.7.3.0
Damn, you are right. As soon as I clicked on a camera I knew had motion it crashed with the errors. Bummer. Guess I am back to the app.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I've forwarded the link to your post. I'll follow up with you either way here.
So apparently he added his PC's LAN IP address to the allowed whitelist on an older PC that was recently upgraded to new hardware. BI must cache the MAC addresses of the IP's in the whitelist. So the IP no longer matched the MAC of the new PC. He deleted it, and it started working again. Thanks for the help.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IOS 16.4 the same "Key Frame Required" Error decoding video frames...... (this was not happening before IOS updateed)

Changed the UI settings video player to JAVASCRIPT and the error has been resolved.

Thank YOU

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure when this happened, but the PTZ buttons and presets are no longer working for my SD8C845FG-HNF in UI3. They used to work fine. They still work under the Dahua web page.

I tried rebooting the camera and I tried rolling back to previous BI versions with no luck. Currently on 5.7.3.0

Any ideas on what to do?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@prsmith777 Screenshot the PTZ/Control tab in Blue Iris camera properties. For most of my Dahua PTZs, I use "Dahua New V4" from the dropdown and "Use another ip/port" is not checked. It is possible you may need to try other Dahua PTZ options, although V4 is the best for cameras that it works with.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried Dahua V4 and V5... no good.

I think maybe the camera is messed up. I used to be able to change the presets using MQTT and now that's not working either.

I might have to do a reset.

ptz.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Both of those are HTTP commands. The first URL you posted is supposed to be directed to the camera. The second is supposed to be directed to Blue Iris.

First make sure that the PTZ controls within Blue Iris's local console are working. If those aren't working then UI3's controls won't be able to work either.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The PTZ controls are not working within Blue Iris local console for this camera.
I've tried all the Dahua PTZ options as well as ONVIF (OXML)
Any other ideas before I reset camera to factory default?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The PTZ controls are not working within Blue Iris local console for this camera.
I've tried all the Dahua PTZ options as well as ONVIF (OXML)
Any other ideas before I reset camera to factory default?
You could try the Find/inspect option on the IP cam configuration panel in Blue Iris. It might fix a bad port number or something, who knows.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have released UI3-233 which revises the "Automatic" H.264 player selection logic. iOS 16.4 or newer (until iOS 17) will no longer automatically choose the HTML5 player. Hopefully they fix the issue by the time iOS 17 comes out, otherwise i'll have to revise the logic again and more people's systems will be broken again later this year.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know very little about the issue on iOS since I don't own any modern Apple devices. My assumption is they (Apple) changed their Media Source Extensions (MSE) implementation such that it no longer accepts mp4 fragments that do not begin with a keyframe. Such a change would go largely unnoticed because the overwhelming majority of MSE usage is for VOD where all the video is already prepackaged in chunks that always begin with a keyframe. Low latency live streaming (such as what Blue Iris's web server does in ALL video streaming cases, even playing recordings) cannot function with such a requirement. The efficiency, the video delay, and the responsiveness would suffer enormously.
Hmmm. Do you think this could also be the root cause of this problem?

I originally flagged it as an Apple Silicon problem, but ffprobe finds fault with the files whether ffprobe is running on macOS or on Windows, and ffprobe finds fault with the files whether they were downloaded from the BI console or from UI3 (any OS), so it's looking more like a problem with the way the BI server serves up the un-transcoded video, as opposed to a problem on the client side.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have released UI3-233 which revises the "Automatic" H.264 player selection logic. iOS 16.4 or newer (until iOS 17) will no longer automatically choose the HTML5 player. Hopefully they fix the issue by the time iOS 17 comes out, otherwise i'll have to revise the logic again and more people's systems will be broken again later this year.
Hmmm. I just installed UI3-234 and restarted BI server, and when I choose Automatic on my iPhone (iOS 16.4), I still get the Blinking Red Screen of Death. About the UI reports version 234.

But manually setting JavaScript does work around the problem, which is the most important part.