Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

sspence

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I used the installer from the first page. I am going to try and fix the error and see if the install took. I will post back about that.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for BIT. I'm having the same trouble as poster #33. "Wind Desc.: From the @ 15 MPH, gusting to 18 MPH". Using KTVF. But tried KGFK, KFAR, KRRT, KROX. All the same, no wind direction. Any fix for this? thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for BIT. I'm having the same trouble as poster #33. "Wind Desc.: From the @ 15 MPH, gusting to 18 MPH". Using KTVF. But tried KGFK, KFAR, KRRT, KROX. All the same, no wind direction. Any fix for this? thanks
Thanks for using BIT. Unfortunately this is an error with wunderground's weather feed, it is not reporting anything for wind direction for any of those stations. I've attached a screenshot from the station KGFK. Unfortunately since there is nothing being reported for wind direction there's no way to get it from wunderground. What I can do though is program in a conditional to look for a null value, then bypass the direction part all together. I'll also keep thinking of other ideas and if anyone has any I'm all ears! :)

Attachments

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see that shows no wind direction, but the weatherunderground webpage shows a wind direction. Is there another place in the xml page that shows wind direction? Could yahoo weather be used instead of weatherunderground?
thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@acvb right now BIT is only built to work with wunderground but I am thinking about expanding it to Yahoo. For some reason this issue is only occurring on certain stations. I plan on looking into it more tonight and will report back if I find anything :D

jorge

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am a Spanish boy. Metric need for rain in mm. On the other hand, I think that the program has a bug in Wind values ​​in metric units (km / h). Instead of 20.6 km / h the program returns 206 km / h

Thank you very much and congratulations on the application !! It is fantastic !!!!!

wxx13

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi community;
I install BI (with 1.0.1 installer) on Win7/64 as administrator. If i try to start the prog i get tis message
Error.PNG
Any ideas on why this happened?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi community;
I install BI (with 1.0.1 installer) on Win7/64 as administrator. If i try to start the prog i get tis message
View attachment 1031
Any ideas on why this happened?
Download and extract the files in error-files only for issues.zip (in the first post) into your BIT directory. Let me know if that resolves it.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Mike
doesn't work with issues.zip same message.
@wxx13, open up command prompt in Administrator mode (click Start, type cmd, then right click cmd.exe and select "Run as Administrator". From there type:

Code:
REGSVR32 "BITpath\MSWINSCK.OCX"
Then see if you are able to open BIT. If it still doesn't open, try what I mentioned above but with C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ as the path instead of the BIT path (unless your windows path is something else, then substitute it).

wxx13

n3wb
Reaction score
@Mike
I have try this
Code:
REGSVR32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSWINSCK.OCX"
and get a message that the DLL is registered
Regsvr.png

Then i try to open BIT and get this message
Error1.PNG

Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Mike
I have try this
Code:
REGSVR32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSWINSCK.OCX"
and get a message that the DLL is registered
View attachment 1042

Then i try to open BIT and get this message
View attachment 1043

Any ideas ?
Did you try registering the ocx file in the BIT directory? If so, try copy pasting the ocx file in the BIT directory into win\syswow64, then register it again.

wxx13

n3wb
Reaction score
@Mike
thank you for help. With you instructions nothing happened.
Problem solved ! I activate the Admin Account and logged in. BIT is working. logged out as admin and logged in as normal User
and voila' BIT is working.
thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Mike
thank you for help. With you instructions nothing happened.
Problem solved ! I activate the Admin Account and logged in. BIT is working. logged out as admin and logged in as normal User
and voila' BIT is working.
thank you.
Glad it is working now @wxx13!

I see that you are German, you can create a custom language file to suit your needs. If you do, please either post it here or send me it to share with the rest of the community :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

SV2BZQ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys ......
I use this a lot of useful application here : http://www.sv2bzq.gr/webcam/
But I have a problem .
ιn option " wind " displays it wrong ie writes 111 while the right one is 11,1 As you can see in foto :
TinCam2.jpg
Any idea ?

George .