Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
When I try to install BIT in BIv4 it says "Application not found". What am I doing wrong?
BIT is independent from BI. You should install it in its own directory. If you did that, try using the zip in the first thread (error-files only for issues.zip).

I am hoping to push an update for BIT this week to address the new BI4 issues with BIT.

MyHD120

n3wb
Reaction score
What I'm saying is, when I click on the file for download and try to open it/install it, I get that error. And thanks for the quick answer.

I just tried the 'error' file and got the same error.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyHD120

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,
I was able to install it. But it can't find BIv4. I think I'll wait for your update. Thanks.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike,
I was able to install it. But it can't find BIv4. I think I'll wait for your update. Thanks.
Just manually set the BI4 directory for now and the Watchdog will work properly.

BILJ65

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't get email notification to work because Comcast requires I use SSL but there's no option to enable that in the Email Settings.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use Gmail as I do. I recommend third party email services in general so as to be independent (at least as much as possible) from your ISP.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't get email notification to work because Comcast requires I use SSL but there's no option to enable that in the Email Settings.
BI Supports SSL, it's an option on the email setup page even.

Attachments

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked within the 9 pages here, but searching on "cpu overlay" yields 3 pages of results, none of which contain the term CPU. Go figure.

Is it possible to have an overlay that is a real-time reflection of the BI pc's CPU load?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to setup the weather features on this app. I followed the step by step instructions. When I key in %1 to add the macro in Blue Iris I only get a text saying "Macro1"

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ignore my last post, I just found the reason why I had Macro1. It's all working now.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked within the 9 pages here, but searching on "cpu overlay" yields 3 pages of results, none of which contain the term CPU. Go figure.

Is it possible to have an overlay that is a real-time reflection of the BI pc's CPU load?
As of now, you cannot overlay the cpu usage onto the cameras but I really like that idea and will definitely incorporate it into the next release.

Ox1574

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ignore my last post, I just found the reason why I had Macro1. It's all working now.
What did you do to fix? I am having the same issue with Macro4 showing up on the screen and not the actual data.

Thanks

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What did you do to fix? I am having the same issue with Macro4 showing up on the screen and not the actual data.

Thanks
*Sorry, first reply didn't display the posted images, had to attach them.

If you are using BlueIris 4, then the best way to get overlay macros working is to go into Bi setup under MACROS and then specify the path to the txt file you want to use created by BI Tools:

Then, on the camera overlay, specify the Macro as you normally would:

And you should be all set!

Attachments

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Excellent tip, thank you!

I changed the path for the BI db, alerts, storage, and new directories to my D: drive instead of C: drive within the BI options.

Blue Iris tools does not seem to detect this change. The Watchdog [Folder Monitor] shows up empty even there are clips stored in those directories.

Has anyone else encountered this? I looked in the settings.ini for BI tools but did not find a place to specify the path manually.

Is something wrong with my setup or do we need to wait for an update?

Nregan

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,
Thank you for BIT.
A suggestion for a future release:
Allow BIT to remember its window position and tab settings after a restart.
I use it mostly on the Watchdog tab, with the window set to the side of my screen.
it always restarts in the middle of the screen (under Blue Iris) and on the Weather Overlay tab.

Maybe it can already do this ?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input and updates everyone. Basically when BI4 was introduced, some registry values were changed and the wow64node portion of registry is no longer in use for BI4 in an effort to allow users to easily upgrade from BI3 to BI4 without losing anything and despite whether or not on a 32 bit or 64 bit machine. Ken did a great job doing this, but I built Blue Iris Tools to recognize whether the system is 64 bit or 32 bit in order to properly store / grab values in the correct location in registry. Now with the introduction of BI4 and the wow64node location being dropped, a few things went haywire in BIT w/ BI4 such as setting custom folder locations in BI, finding the path for BI (only works for BI3), etc. The majorly important features of BIT (Watchdog and weather overlay) are working fine, it's a few of the extra features that aren't agreeing with BI4.

I want everyone to know that I have been working on solutions for this and will be pushing out a major update as soon as I can, it's just taking a little extra time than I would like it to.
@Nregan I will do this on the next release.

Thanks again everyone for using my software, I am very glad to see it is helping out a lot of people and will continue to develop it. I have a lot of ideas that I want to incorporate into BIT to keep improving it.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input and updates everyone. Basically when BI4 was introduced, some registry values were changed and the wow64node portion of registry is no longer in use for BI4 in an effort to allow users to easily upgrade from BI3 to BI4 without losing anything and despite whether or not on a 32 bit or 64 bit machine. Ken did a great job doing this, but I built Blue Iris Tools to recognize whether the system is 64 bit or 32 bit in order to properly store / grab values in the correct location in registry. Now with the introduction of BI4 and the wow64node location being dropped, a few things went haywire in BIT w/ BI4 such as setting custom folder locations in BI, finding the path for BI (only works for BI3), etc. The majorly important features of BIT (Watchdog and weather overlay) are working fine, it's a few of the extra features that aren't agreeing with BI4.

I want everyone to know that I have been working on solutions for this and will be pushing out a major update as soon as I can, it's just taking a little extra time than I would like it to.
@Nregan I will do this on the next release.

Thanks again everyone for using my software, I am very glad to see it is helping out a lot of people and will continue to develop it. I have a lot of ideas that I want to incorporate into BIT to keep improving it.
Thank you for the awesome application!

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent tip, thank you!

I changed the path for the BI db, alerts, storage, and new directories to my D: drive instead of C: drive within the BI options.

Blue Iris tools does not seem to detect this change. The Watchdog [Folder Monitor] shows up empty even there are clips stored in those directories.

Has anyone else encountered this? I looked in the settings.ini for BI tools but did not find a place to specify the path manually.

Is something wrong with my setup or do we need to wait for an update?
Mine are in different locations and seem to be working fine as far as I can tell.

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine are in different locations and seem to be working fine as far as I can tell.
hmm, wondering if I have a corrupt installation now. Encountering some strange things with BI and BIT.

Watchdog does not detect storage folders as I mentioned earlier. Push notification tests work but motion alarm detection is not sending any sort of notification with BIT. BI does the same thing but only sends a notification when the camera restarts or loses signal so maybe that is just a configuration issue. Either way I'm probably just going to start over fresh to save time and learn more.

Are you using Google Analytics?

EDIT : Well fresh start and still not detecting that storage location.

all I've done is move them to my D: drive instead of C:
I noticed the c: is lowercase and I've tried both ways with d: and D: but still no go.
THere is about 1.76GB of data in the directories.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not using Analytics, no need as I am the only one that hits the website. But I don't have anything I can think of specific for the clips.

Attachments