BI Version 4.0 Issues

Reaction score
Version 4.0.0.10 Installed and registered my USB Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is not working just get a green screen.

johnq

n3wb
Reaction score
CPU utilization is generally about 5% higher for me with licensed version 4 than with version 3 -- but it fluctuates more and sometimes drops much lower. This could be a function of how much recording is taking place. Multi-camera timeline playback does not work for me. I can only play back one cam at a time. I have 13 HD cameras running on an AMD 8-core FX-8120 with 16 GB of memory and Windows 7. BI is the only application normally running on this machine. Aside from timeline problems, it seems stable and usable. Since version 4 installed to a different directory, I can switch back and forth between versions 3 and 4 easily by just clicking on the appropriate icon. So far, I prefer version 3-- but if multi-cam playback starts working on version 4 that will win me over.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
CPU utilization is generally about 5% higher for me with licensed version 4 than with version 3 -- but it fluctuates more and sometimes drops much lower. This could be a function of how much recording is taking place. Multi-camera timeline playback does not work for me. I can only play back one cam at a time. I have 13 HD cameras running on an AMD 8-core FX-8120 with 16 GB of memory and Windows 7. BI is the only application normally running on this machine. Aside from timeline problems, it seems stable and usable. Since version 4 installed to a different directory, I can switch back and forth between versions 3 and 4 easily by just clicking on the appropriate icon. So far, I prefer version 3-- but if multi-cam playback starts working on version 4 that will win me over.
When you playback make sure "selected camera only" is not clicked in the clips section...its a small green camera.

Reaction score
Ok, so I installed 4.00.10x64 and all seems to be working now. I uninstalled BI3 as a service, installed the full BI4 package, and then the 4.00.10 update. So far everything is working as described. I have noticed a 5% decrease in CPU. The RAM usages seems about the same (right around 3gb).

One thing I noticed that seems a bit weird is that the www dir is still pointing to the BI3 install dir. It is working fine, but I wonder what would happen if I uninstalled BI3...

Reaction score
One thing I noticed that seems a bit weird is that the www dir is still pointing to the BI3 install dir. It is working fine, but I wonder what would happen if I uninstalled BI3...
Yea I noticed this too, after installing BI 4 and looked at the web server configuration. I manually went in and changed it to the www dir under BI 4. The only issue I've noticed with BI 4 is that it records a series of empty videos and this is a real issue if something happens on my property and I need to playback video. I have it configured to record when motion is detected and to record straight to disk.

Reaction score
Hi, Version 4.0.0.11 still does not work with USB Camera that I have Logitech HD Webcam C920. All I get is a green screen. The old 32bit version 3.66 works however the x64 4.0.0.11 does not work. I've tried deleting the camera and re-creating it. Checked logitech drivers which are up to date. This is on Windows 8.1 x64 Pro. I have posted on the http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1997-4-0-0-11-has-been-released forum twice now and also emailed technical support with no response or update. This issue has been occurring on all x64 versions of blue iris 4.x.x.x. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Version 4.0.0.11 still does not work with USB Camera that I have Logitech HD Webcam C920. All I get is a green screen. The old 32bit version 3.66 works however the x64 4.0.0.11 does not work. I've tried deleting the camera and re-creating it. Checked logitech drivers which are up to date. This is on Windows 8.1 x64 Pro. I have posted on the http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1997-4-0-0-11-has-been-released forum twice now and also emailed technical support with no response or update. This issue has been occurring on all x64 versions of blue iris 4.x.x.x. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This is probably a driver issue. I had a issue similar to this with i-spy. 32-bit driver?

Reaction score
The Driver details are as follows FYI

Not sure exactly what you mean by 32bit driver issue. You can't install a 32bit driver in a x64 OS as far I have always understood.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the camera and readding it?

Reaction score
Yes I mentioned that in my original post. I've also just now tried uninstalling the driver software.

I manually extracted the driver files and inspected them they are x64 bit drivers (see image) , I also manually installed them via device manager and tested with exactly the same results.

I can almost guarantee its how x64 blue iris version interacts with the operating system to query the driver for use. Something to do with the x64 code. I'm not a programmer just speculating.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I mentioned that in my original post. I've also just now tried uninstalling the driver software.

I manually extracted the driver files and inspected them they are x64 bit drivers (see image) , I also manually installed them via device manager and tested with exactly the same results.

I can almost guarantee its how x64 blue iris version interacts with the operating system to query the driver for use. Something to do with the x64 code. I'm not a programmer just speculating.

How many cameras are you recording? You may just be better off running 32 bit until all the bugs are worked out...or forever..there is no benefit to 64 bit unless you were previously maxing out your ram..

Reaction score
Yes I totally agree and that is exactly what I am going to do. However I wanted to help out in actively reporting the issues with x64.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought the same about the drivers! With i-spy I could never get 1 cam out 12 to work with 64-bit. Blue iris i'm sure can tell "Us".

Last edited by a moderator:

rnrrace

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue that classicevolutions identified above is exactly the same thing I reported earlier in this thread with the same cameras. I tried all the same trouble shooting techniques with the same results. There's something unique to BI4 that isn't allowing the C920 USB cameras to work properly. I'm out of options for now and will continue using BI3 in production and keep BI4 on the backburner until this issue can be sorted out.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The most recent version is working well for me. I'm using the 64bit version and I stream twelve cameras to a core i5 PC running WIndows 8.1 with 16GB of RAM. My main drive is a 180GB SSD where Blue Iris stores up to 30GB of videos. Then it is pushed to a 6TB hard drive that I reserve 200GB of space for Blue Iris videos. The rest of the 6TB drive is used for my TiVo recordings since the PC is also used for TiVo Desktop/KMTTG to automatically transfer content to the PC from my TiVos. This setup worked very well with version 3 of Blue Iris since last year. And since the most recent update with BI v4 it has been working very well for me. Prior to the recent update I could not get BI4 to start again after a PC reboot.

rnrrace

n3wb
Reaction score
Supercool..... .12 did the trick, my HD cameras are now working. Thanks much!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yep, I took the plunge. .12 seems good!