BI Version 4.0 Issues

dalepa

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread.

With all the initial bugs ive seen over the past 2 hours playing with V4, I would consider V4 a Beta at best.

1. Upgrade process is confusing. Really needs a Upgrade/Buy now button for V3 users

64Bit Version Windows 8
1. Double click on a clip and it plays what appears to be the beginning on a larger sequence. If you select the clip and right clip "View" the clip is played as expected for a double click.
2. Only 1x viewing. Required to click on the play button multiple times for 2-256x viewing. Very confusing. I like the V3 slider much better.
3. Timeline view: Doesn't work very well yet., or almost not at all. I select a time, and just the clips move, sometimes. I double click a time on the timeline, and I get a black screen.
4. Multiple cam plays, sorta works, but not really. Most of the time, I just get a black screen. Some cams popup sometimes, and other just stay there playing nothing. Bummed, since this would be cool if it was working.
5. Can't find a way to turn off the timeline

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great points.
As far as #2, the release notes give an explanation (not that i fully understand it) but the good news is that you can now go up to 256x which is way faster than the old 16.
# 3 and 4 worked for me on a test system when i tested two cams i have laying around..
Tested on win 7 64....

this is why its important to wait for a few update cycles before upgrading primary machines..

tjl

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed and after first run, next time i opened it a password window popped up, i put in the remote view password that let me in, but i cant get to the options tab or adjust cameras? i didn't remove ver 3 prior. did anyone install without removing ver3 and have no issues with a password prompt or no access to the options tab?
seems to be working fin otherwise. guess i will uninstall everything and just load the ver4

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@tjl right click on the program icon and select run as administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Smart starting this thread! Might help bi support.
BI4(64bit)-Bug?(mouse zoom)
Is it just me?
BI3 32bit works flawlessly with mouse zoom.
*drag 4 cams to desktop *put all of them in one frame
*maximize frame
*double click one of the cams to full-sceen (only does it in full-screen)
*mouse wheel zoom in/out (very, very slow, not very responsive like bi3!)
16gb ram/8 core processor, 64-bit BI

After further testing it doesn't matter if it's 1 cam or 4. It doesn't matter if it's in bi or cam is opened to desktop. Full-screen mouse zoom is very slow and glitchy.

dalepa

Reaction score
Smart starting this thread! Might help bi support.
BI4(64bit)-Bug?(mouse zoom)
Is it just me?
BI3 32bit works flawlessly with mouse zoom.
*drag 4 cams to desktop *put all of them in one frame
*maximize frame
*double click one of the cams to full-sceen (only does it in full-screen)
*mouse wheel zoom in/out (very, very slow, not very responsive like bi3!)
16gb ram/8 core processor, 64-bit BI

After further testing it doesn't matter if it's 1 cam or 4. It doesn't matter if it's in bi or cam is opened to desktop. Full-screen mouse zoom is very slow and glitchy.

Im not seeing the mouse zoom problem, mouse zooming a cam while on the desktop or in the app works fine for me... BI 64bit, windows 8.1

tjl

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok..thanks..I thought I tried that and got error..but tried it again and worked.thasks
Merry Christmas......

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This seems to be a bug for some users...in the interim just launch blueiris.exe by right clicking run as administrator.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im not seeing the mouse zoom problem, mouse zooming a cam while on the desktop or in the app works fine for me... BI 64bit, windows 8.1
hmmmmm, Windows 7 64-bit here. I don't know. It's still usable. I'll just have to wait for a update or two. If it consists then, then I will try it on my w8 machine.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed BI 4 uses BI 3's www directory, if you had BI 3 before. I had to go in and change the path in the settings.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows 7 64b machine - I clicked the update button and I end up in an endless loop asking if I want to download the files now, but no upgrade, install, etc., occurs. Are there instructions somewhere for completing the upgrade? My email said a full install is needed but the v4 upgrade file is only ~14MB like any other upgrade. Very confusing, . . . .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Windows 7 64b machine - I clicked the update button and I end up in an endless loop asking if I want to download the files now, but no upgrade, install, etc., occurs. Are there instructions somewhere for completing the upgrade? My email said a full install is needed but the v4 upgrade file is only ~14MB like any other upgrade. Very confusing, . . . .
Download the software from the website http://blueirissoftware.com/download/

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went to that page and downloaded the `60MB "new-install" file. When I tried running it I received this message: "Application path not found -- please run the software before attempting to update it." Should v3 be running when I execute the `60MB "new-install" file? Thanks.

gbouten

n3wb
Reaction score
Im getting the same issue. I turned off the auto update and checked for update. It did a download, But for the life of me I cant find where the file downloaded to. Go back into the software and do it again and again. So I haven't found the install file.
HELP

Reaction score
This seems to be a bug for some users...in the interim just launch blueiris.exe by right clicking run as administrator.
Thanks, but I uninstalled 4 and found that 3 was still installed and still worked. I will stick with 3 until these issues are worked out.

miles267

n3wb
Reaction score
Am currently on 3.66. What is the process to "upgrade" to 4 and preserve your settings saved in the *.reg file? I know that exporting from 3.66 then importing into 4.0 through the app config menu doesn't work.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does Buying an Upgrade to 4.0 still give you license rights with your 3.66 install?
In other words would I now have 2 licenses not 1?

Isn't this a new purchase and not an upgrade?

Reaction score
Am currently on 3.66. What is the process to "upgrade" to 4 and preserve your settings saved in the *.reg file? I know that exporting from 3.66 then importing into 4.0 through the app config menu doesn't work.
I tried the auto upgrade thing from 3.66 but it didn't seem to work. I then just downloaded the whole package from the url listed a few replies above and did the install that way. It started up the first time but once I changed it to run as a service I couldn't get the GUI to start so I rolled back to 3 and I am waiting for some fixes to come out

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you get the multi cam playback to work? I'm running the test version before buying full version to see if I like it.