Best night vision technology I've seen - Spoiler - Its dahua.

cfusco

n3wb
Reaction score
Edited By fenderman.
Hi Everyone, My name is Chris. I work at XXXXX ( a Dahua reseller) and we have this technology that can see color in the dark. on the left is the new tech and on the right is a pic taken from my Samsung phone, taken at the same time in the same room.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But where's the product? No link in your post, no details, nothing noteworthy, right?

Your samsung camera pic doesn't tell me much. My iphone can take the same pic in low light as the one on the left and so can some of these larger sensor ip cams.

By reading your post i don't even know if your offering software enhancement or a physical product.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We here need to know what shutter speed the camera is running in the dark and need to see a motion video in the dark conditions..

As others have said, we can make any camera look like noon at midnight by running the slowest shutter possible and gain at 100%, but then it is ghost and blur city with any motion.

Pulling up your site that you posted in another thread, several of the cameras appear to be Dahua and Hik OEM? So are you selling a new technology nobody else has or simply a vendor selling OEM of another brand?

Plus it is concerning that in order to see pricing one needs to create an account, and you have a whole financing section...so are they affordable or overpriced....

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you are a vendor, yet the title of the thread implies you are a user that has come across something great and want to share it with our community. That type of salesmanship trickery will not win you any praise from members here.

Now you may have a great product that members here would be interested in. But as stated above, you give no info on if it is hardware or software, or any other info.

A request was made for you to share video of someone moving within the subject area so that we could see if this tech was worth it. But you have made a post since that request was made, but you have not addressed the request. As you probably know, the proof is in the pudding when it comes to night cam performance. Perps do not stop moving and pose for the cam. They are always moving, especially their heads. Without showing a video of someone moving, your claim is meaningless.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a look at his turret cameras. All of them were 4MP on 1/3" sensors. The shutter was probably down at one second. Oh yeah, you have to log in to see the pricing so that means they're collecting email lists, AKA spammers.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Plus it is concerning that in order to see pricing one needs to create an account, and you have a whole financing section...so are they affordable or overpriced....
It's a common practice in the UK to hide your prices when you're a trade dealer to prevent price comparisons and other dealers matching / beating you. Luckily it seems to be almost exclusive to trade rather than retail resellers. I'm personally of the opinion it should be illegal as I see it as anti-competitive.

Personally, I won't deal with any company that doesn't display them. I click straight off any website that requires a login to view pricing. As pointed out, if you have nothing to hide....