Another PTZ install today

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This one is a 1.3mp 23x little beast. It fits in perfect for a large commercial building. The customer really loved it. I have it set to zoom into the gate at the call box when it idles for one minute or powers up. I have about 20 presets set and a guard tour if they like. I think Dahua ptz's are really the best bang for the buck PTZ out there.

photo23-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo32-2.png

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice! Are the bullets yours too! Do you bobble around on a ladder up there or do you use a bucket up that high?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those are dahua 2100 bullets. I installed those last year. Now, I use the 4100 bullets though. These are good customers of mine. This office is out in Smithtown. They had 16 analog cameras, and had me install 12 IP cameras on top of that. They have been bugging me for a PTZ for awhile and this is the first weekend I didn't have anything to do so I asked them if they wanted it. They said, of course, so up it went. I didn't think I needed a corner mount cause the front of the building is most important to them, but the camera does reach around and is able to view the side because I mounted it
so close to the corner. And, I was up on an extension with that thing. The top two holes are used for hanging, so it's not that bad.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im a wimp Im going to use a bucket when I install my ptzs in a couple weeks.

Looks good vector

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Smithtown is around 15 minutes from me. Give a call next time and I'll meet you over there to say hello. Where that cable goes in- drop ceiling space on the inside, or warehouse? Just curious. It was pretty windy today- that might have given me a little pause! LOL!

Oh, and nice that it's close to the corner- that sucker sees many locations for sure!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Smithtown is around 15 minutes from me. Give a call next time and I'll meet you over there to say hello. Where that cable goes in- drop ceiling space on the inside, or warehouse? Just curious. It was pretty windy today- that might have given me a little pause! LOL!

Oh, and nice that it's close to the corner- that sucker sees many locations for sure!
Yea, I should have let you know I was working there today. I know your out there. I was on Old Willets Path. What I did was pulled the wire from the bullet camera back into the building and replaced it with a new wire, installed a POE switch to the nearest outlet, plugged the original wire from the camera in the switch, plugged the new wire from the camera into the switch, ran an 18/2 and cat 5 from the ptz to where I plugged in the POE, plugged in the PS from the ptz, and plugged the cat 5 from the ptz into the switch. There was a box out behind a desk inside the office and everything got plugged in behind the desk. I also drilled a 1/2" hold in the bottom of the wall mount to the ptz and screwed a compression fitting into it and ran the wire from the gang box to the wall mount. All the connections are done behind the camera. I usually do not like doing that because if a connection goes bad, than you have to pull the camera down. In this case, it just made sense to do it that way. I than siliconed all around the base of the wall mount. I purposely mounted it as close to the corner as possible just for the wide range of view for the customer.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice install as usual, looks great!
Thank you Mike.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are some night shots........

Clipboard06-4.jpg

Clipboard04-4.jpg

Clipboard02-21.jpg

Clipboard03-14.jpg

Clipboard05-2.jpg

Clipboard01-93.jpg

Clipboard04-4.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, I should have let you know I was working there today. I know your out there. I was on Old Willets Path. What I did was pulled the wire from the bullet camera back into the building and replaced it with a new wire, installed a POE switch to the nearest outlet, plugged the original wire from the camera in the switch, plugged the new wire from the camera into the switch, ran an 18/2 and cat 5 from the ptz to where I plugged in the POE, plugged in the PS from the ptz, and plugged the cat 5 from the ptz into the switch. There was a box out behind a desk inside the office and everything got plugged in behind the desk. I also drilled a 1/2" hold in the bottom of the wall mount to the ptz and screwed a compression fitting into it and ran the wire from the gang box to the wall mount. All the connections are done behind the camera. I usually do not like doing that because if a connection goes bad, than you have to pull the camera down. In this case, it just made sense to do it that way. I than siliconed all around the base of the wall mount. I purposely mounted it as close to the corner as possible just for the wide range of view for the customer
Oh yeah, I was gonna suggest you do it just that way! :shame:

Who uses the camera? If it were me, I'd get in trouble using it all day long instead of working. Love it man. Great pics too. They are lucky to have that bad boy.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want, I can let you log in and check it out :)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks better than I expected for 1.3mp, but then if you zoom in enough most anything looks good enough to read a license plate, good job.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I know it an old post but since I only joined this forum about a month ago so I been going back older posts reading and educating myself.

I couldn't help but notice in your installation PTZ photo that there is something like a screw not fully screwed in which is on the lower left corner of the PTZ mount. Maybe the photo is playing a trick to my eyes. :)

Bill

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Vector18, I'd like to install a PTZ on the beach that can stand up to salt air and a lot of hot sun. Is there any specific camera you would suggest? Nice set up here, makes me want to one installed!