Amcrest IP5M T1277EW-AI not fitting junction box, has anyone had success with others?

Jay Willis

n3wb
Reaction score
I've encountered an issue with the IP5M T1277EW-AI cameras and their junction box compatibility. When I consulted the forums, most people seemed to have had the opposite problem – their junction boxes were larger than the cameras. In my case, however, the cameras are larger than the junction boxes.

Based on the camera documentation, they are meant to be compatible with the AMCPFA139 junction box. During my search for this particular junction box, I only came across the Dahua DH-PFA139, which I presumed would be identical.

Although the holes of the camera and junction box align perfectly, they don't achieve the flush and sealed fit I anticipated. Now, I'm contemplating whether to return the cameras for an alternative plastic model that will fit or to return the junction box mounts instead.

Does anyone have experience using third-party junction boxes with this specific camera model?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I buy square junction boxes from Home Depot and just drill the holes in the lid for for camera and then if I change cameras I am set and don't have to worry about camera specific compatibility.

jobby99

n3wb
Reaction score
I would not use generic eBay or Amazon junction boxes as they are too small to even hold the wires. It is probably best to get heavy duty plastic boxes from Home Depot, paint them to match, and drill holes (slightly smaller) to then screw the camera into the box. I personally just put my street facing cameras flush with siding, routing cables through the wall, and put silicone around them to keep any water from getting inside. I use those plastic wire channels that screw into wall to hide the wires coming into the house and paint them to match wall. The backyard cameras I did nothing special but put in a "drip loop" and just let the wires show, since nobody goes back there anyways.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see that this is a 7 month old thread but in case someone comes across it, just a note:

I think Amcrest's specs stating the AMCPFA139 (Dahua PFA-139) fits their IP5M-T1277EW-AI is in error. Searching the Amcrest site shows no results for a AMCPFA139 box.
The cam is 4.84" in diameter, the Dahua PFA-139 is 4.25" in diameter so that's obvious; box is too small for cam.
The PFA-130 is 4.88" in diameter and that gee-haws with what @Kisch said above ^^^^ :cool: