AI: error 500 and AI: error 200

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a little update and a bump for this thread. It appears that this was a codeproject problem I am testing out the 2.1 Beta for them at the current moment and it has resolved all of my Error:500 Problems. I am not sure when they plan to release this version out in the wild as it is still in the testing phase but I will try and keep you posted. Just know there is a fix for it coming down the pipe. :D
Update on 2.1 release, Chris sent me the below the other day.

I was hoping to release 2.1 days ago but our code signing cert expired and what should have been a couple of hours update is taking days.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any idea when this should be due to release? Renewing a code signing cert shouldn't take that long I wouldn't think.

auzzzie

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not a smoking gun but it seems to have worked for me so figured I'd report back. For the past few months I've been struggling to get back to a stable system, down grading various BI versions created other issues (cert push) etc. and no combination of CodeProject/BI versions could get me back to a stable place. Either AI 500 errors or BI would run away with RAM to 16GB and hang the system.

I left my CodeProject in place (2.0.6), using CUDA GPU. I did however move my BI (fresh install 5.7.4.2) to a separate system (VM) and I've been operational for 3 days stable, I couldn't make 24hrs previous. As I said, not a smoking gun but if you're like me and sick of waiting for a fix, try split your roles if you have the option to do so.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
An update to version 2.1.4-Beta is available Download
New and Improved module system, Performance improvements, Raspberry Pi Coral.AI support and bugs fixes. Installer fixes, and fixes for Blue Iris users

Looks, like it's out on the AI dashboard!

.... ok, just notes if you run into issues like I did with the installer... I had to manually install these 3 on my server to finally get it to install correctly. Also had to delete the C:\ProgramData\CodeProject (folder)

Last edited:

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues installing and gettin the 2.1.4 release to work?

2023-04-21 18:16:29 [System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv\scripts\Python' with working directory 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionYolo'. The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at CodeProject.AI.API.Server.Frontend.ModuleProcessServices.StartProcess(ModuleConfig module)]: Error trying to start Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) (detect_adapter.py)
2023-04-21 18:16:29: An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv\scripts\Python' with working directory 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionYolo'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2023-04-21 18:16:29: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at CodeProject.AI.API.Server.Frontend.ModuleProcessServices.StartProcess(ModuleConfig module)
2023-04-21 18:16:29: *** Please check the CodeProject.AI installation completed successfully
2023-04-21 18:16:29: GetCommandByRuntime: Runtime=python37, Location=Shared
2023-04-21 18:16:29: Command: C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv\scripts\Python

--------------------------------------------- UPDATE ------------------------------------

ended up fixing it...

Had to rename this directory ->>
'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\python37' ->>
'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv'

then from 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv'
copy the python.exe to the scripts folder... after that it all started #shrug#

Last edited:

abso

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues installing and gettin the 2.1.4 release to work?

2023-04-21 18:16:29 [System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv\scripts\Python' with working directory 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionYolo'. The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at CodeProject.AI.API.Server.Frontend.ModuleProcessServices.StartProcess(ModuleConfig module)]: Error trying to start Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) (detect_adapter.py)
2023-04-21 18:16:29: An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv\scripts\Python' with working directory 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionYolo'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2023-04-21 18:16:29: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at CodeProject.AI.API.Server.Frontend.ModuleProcessServices.StartProcess(ModuleConfig module)
2023-04-21 18:16:29: *** Please check the CodeProject.AI installation completed successfully
2023-04-21 18:16:29: GetCommandByRuntime: Runtime=python37, Location=Shared
2023-04-21 18:16:29: Command: C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv\scripts\Python

--------------------------------------------- UPDATE ------------------------------------

ended up fixing it...

Had to rename this directory ->>
'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\python37' ->>
'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv'

then from 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\runtimes\bin\windows\python37\venv'
copy the python.exe to the scripts folder... after that it all started #shrug#
Check your AI config (http://localhost:forget the port #, its in blue iris). The YOLO object detection modules aren't installed by default anymore. Just click install.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
Check your AI config (http://localhost:forget the port #, its in blue iris). The YOLO object detection modules aren't installed by default anymore. Just click install.
it installed them for me, but it was the python wasn't in correct path, once I fixed that it all started to work pretty good. now to see for how long.

BTRKY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
2.1.5 has not solved any issues for me. Might be slightly worse, actually.

snakpak

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded from Code Project 2.0.7 to 2.1.6 today on two different systems. Nothing but timeout errors, like error 500, and no usable alerts from the AI at all. I'm running the latest BlueIris. One system is a modern server, the other is an old laptop. Some CPU pinning at 100% on the older one.

I was surprised to see Facial Recognition gets turned on by default in 2.1.6. I turned it off but it still doesn't work right, times out.

I don't have time to tinker for endless hours on this stuff. Life is short. I reverted back to CodeProject 2.0.7 and called it a day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I upgraded from Code Project 2.0.7 to 2.1.6 today on two different systems. Nothing but timeout errors, like error 500, and no usable alerts from the AI at all. I'm running the latest BlueIris. One system is a modern server, the other is an old laptop. Some CPU pinning at 100% on the older one.

I was surprised to see Facial Recognition gets turned on by default in 2.1.6. I turned it off but it still doesn't work right, times out.

I don't have time to tinker for endless hours on this stuff. Life is short. I reverted back to CodeProject 2.0.7 and called it a day.
That is why many of us have resisted the OCD temptation to update LOL.

My system with DeepStack and the last BI version before going to CodeProject works for me, so I am not fixing what ain't broke LOL.

Sure there have been some features added to BI since my update that I would like, and I would like to go the ANPR module, but until I see it settle down, I am staying with what works!

snakpak

n3wb
Reaction score
That is why many of us have resisted the OCD temptation to update LOL.

My system with DeepStack and the last BI version before going to CodeProject works for me, so I am not fixing what ain't broke LOL.

Sure there have been some features added to BI since my update that I would like, and I would like to go the ANPR module, but until I see it settle down, I am staying with what works!
I work in high tech and believe stayed updated is one of the best ways to avoid security vulnerabilities. But for a surveillance system, staying up-to-date seems to break things.

The last couple DeepStack updates before the changeover to CodeProject had greatly reduced accuracy for me which prompted the move to CP. I think the CodeProject team should start using the concept of stable builds instead of just calling everything beta. Its been an improvement over DS albeit just a small one. I still plan to build my own models for specific animals like bears, it all just takes time which I don't have much of.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I work in high tech and believe stayed updated is one of the best ways to avoid security vulnerabilities. But for a surveillance system, staying up-to-date seems to break things.

The last couple DeepStack updates before the changeover to CodeProject had greatly reduced accuracy for me which prompted the move to CP. I think the CodeProject team should start using the concept of stable builds instead of just calling everything beta. Its been an improvement over DS albeit just a small one. I still plan to build my own models for specific animals like bears, it all just takes time which I don't have much of.
Except in this case the updates are not addressing security vulnerabilities...the last update notes that mentioned security was version 5.2.5 - April 9, 2020

And if you isolated the system, the security vulnerability is minimized.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running...

BlueIris 5.7.5.4 x64 (4/26/2023)

CodeProject[AI] 2.1.6-Beta

Not getting errors, but not getting hardly any alerts either. Also have to open up the "info" to even see if it's running as CPU or GPU, but for some reason even when it says its in GPU mode, my GPU is at almost 0% while CPU is spiking.

Reaction score
Never have been able get the CUDA Yolo to work but I loaded the .NET yesterday and it started working. Now I'm getting about 80% of the alerts with the occasional 404 error. Code Project AI definitely isn't ready for primetime yet.

Nierka

n3wb
Reaction score
Disabling face recognition resolved AI 500 error.
I'm on CP 2.1.6 YOLOv5 6.2 CPU