AI: error 500 and AI: error 200

auzzzie

n3wb
Reaction score
Devs were apparently "heads down" on this yet no update in nearly 2 weeks... I've received no response from BI support in days (that I pay for every year). Can't say I'm super impressed with this scenario, I have commercial implementations that are completely broken and there is just silence.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Devs were apparently "heads down" on this yet no update in nearly 2 weeks... I've received no response from BI support in days (that I pay for every year). Can't say I'm super impressed with this scenario, I have commercial implementations that are completely broken and there is just silence.
You realize that BI is one guy.

If you have this in commercial implementations, then why are you updating on beta versions and screwing over commercial implementations when it doesn't go as planned? Why don't you roll back to what worked before?

Many of us are running on an older version. Why update and potentially break what was working until they offer something you need? I am still on the latest stable version with Deepstack. Until I see people not having issues with CodeProject, I am holding tight on what works.

If you stay on the leading edge and update or auto update, it is referred to here as the bleeding edge LOL and you may get burned with a buggy update. It is simple to rollback, but unless you want to be essentially a beta tester, turn off auto updates or only update on stable versions.

Last edited:

auzzzie

n3wb
Reaction score
I did roll back, unfortunately I'm unsure of the exact versions that were running, and I can't find a pairing of BI/Code that is working again, that's on me. Given the CodeProject installer is a script that pulls down installers real time, I wonder if rolling back to old install scripts truly rolls back every portion of the software suit. The plate recognition functionality was wanted for loading bays, so there was a reason for upgrading. I upgraded my personal setup, ran it for a bit and it appeared solid then upgraded the commercial ones. I don't know why the errors didn't appear on my setup initially, they do now but not as severe as my commercial installs due to the load difference.

You're correct, lesson learnt. I've had pretty good luck with BI updates that brought needed fixes/functionality, so I got complacent. This one (can't tell if it's CodeProject/BI or both) has brought nothing but headaches.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you there. The updates have really seemed to have issues since CodeProject. It will get worked out, but it takes some time.

And yes I want that plate recognition so bad so that I can get away from paid options, but it seems to be problematic for a lot of people. I tried it on a test machine and couldn't get it stable, so I am holding out.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised by this as well. Since I only use BI for home, I'm not to worried about it since I can just use the alerts from my Amcrest cams. But I didn't know that BI was only supported by one individual. Which would explain why, when I submitted a ticket (paid version) that I got a not so setting response a few days later that made me think BI tech didn't know crap about networking.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
You realize that BI is one guy.

If you have this in commercial implementations, then why are you updating on beta versions and screwing over commercial implementations when it doesn't go as planned? Why don't you roll back to what worked before?

Many of us are running on an older version. Why update and potentially break what was working until they offer something you need? I am still on the latest stable version with Deepstack. Until I see people not having issues with CodeProject, I am holding tight on what works.

If you stay on the leading edge and update or auto update, it is referred to here as the bleeding edge LOL and you may get burned with a buggy update. It is simple to rollback, but unless you want to be essentially a beta tester, turn off auto updates or only update on stable versions.
Can you share what version of BI your running as well as version of deep stack? I keep all the versions, I've installed and want to see if rolling back to a more stable version is possible at this point.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
I am on 5.5.7.11 BI and Deepstack 9/21 version.
Well I'm currently at BlueIris 5.7.0.5 (2/22/2023) and CodeProjectAI 2.0.8-Beta, I tried rolling back to that version but don't have a DB that goes that far back, I'd have to wipe and start over to roll back that far. I did just update to BI 5.7.1.0 today so, crossing my fingers it helps some. Don't think it will, but anything's worth a try at this point, I guess.

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still having the issue after the latest update 5.7.1.0 , continuing to monitor sent ken another email still do not have a reply from the first one that I sent when this all started happening...

BTRKY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For me, 5.7.1.0 did NOT resolve the CodeProjectAI 200 and 500 errors.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure you are sending support email correctly, or he may never see it.
Only send it as instructed per the BI help.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised by this as well. Since I only use BI for home, I'm not to worried about it since I can just use the alerts from my Amcrest cams. But I didn't know that BI was only supported by one individual. Which would explain why, when I submitted a ticket (paid version) that I got a not so setting response a few days later that made me think BI tech didn't know crap about networking.
As is noted in the BI help file, networking is outside the scope of BI support.

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still the same problem with the latest update........ Still no reply from BI support even with a priority support level... No word on a fix from codeproject.... this is getting old........................... ;(

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
Still the same problem with the latest update........ Still no reply from BI support even with a priority support level... No word on a fix from codeproject.... this is getting old........................... ;(
After to agree. But, hey the auto-emailer letting me know I need to do my yearly support renewal apparently works. lol

BTRKY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A new version of BI (5.7.1.2) came out today. Errors have decreased by about 40%. Not perfect, but better. At least obvious people and vehicles are starting to be identified correctly.

randallc79

n3wb
Reaction score
A new version of BI (5.7.1.2) came out today. Errors have decreased by about 40%. Not perfect, but better. At least obvious people and vehicles are starting to be identified correctly.
Just updated to this version, but still seeing a lot of errors and still not firing alerts based on people detected.

[update]

just uninstalled / wiped CP:AI and re-installed the latest (2.0.8-beta) and after a reboot. I don't see nearly as many errors as before and also going to do more testing it on it this evening.

Last edited: