Reaction score

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like an Australian region model?
Almost a match :-

The V3.0.10 firmware is released on the Chinese site - but my NVR complains of a 'firmware mismatch' when I try upgrading, via the GUI, to get the Virtual Host. I'm not yet brave enough to try the TFTP method - my Chinese is not so good.
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_699.html#prettyPhoto

Attachments

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like an Australian region model?
No. It's purely сhinese but adapted to multilanguage in general and in particular Russian ;)

The V3.0.10 firmware is released on the Chinese site - but my NVR complains of a 'firmware mismatch' when I try upgrading, via the GUI, to get the Virtual Host. I'm not yet brave enough to try the TFTP method - my Chinese is not so good.
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/downloa...ml#prettyPhoto
This firmware is not set to non Chinese NVR!
Via TFTP firmware do not set too.

But all in our hands ;)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent! How did you do this? Can it be done for English?

Does the firmware update now have the 'Virtual Host' (Network | Advanced settings) and also the 'Shutdown' option in Remote Management? And a POE status menu?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How did you do this?
Easy! ;)

Can it be done for English?
Of course!

Does the firmware update now have the 'Virtual Host' (Network | Advanced settings) and also the 'Shutdown' option in Remote Management? And a POE status menu?
My DS-7808N-E2 without POE therefore, as such, no virtual host & shutdown tab or maybe restricted yet! ;)

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And a POE status menu
Hi Alastair

Don't know if you have explored this, but....

I've stopped using the web interface & iVMS-4200 for setting / adjusting the NVR, as using a vga / hdmi monitor has quite a lot more, Camera / PoE Information is a nice screen, as is Maintenance / Net Detect

The Shutdown is also on the main menu.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave.
Yes, indeed, I did notice that the video interface has some extra functionality over the web interface - and kinduv expect that the web/remote interface will be catching up with that over time, with firmware updates.
Hence my interest in this V3.0.10 version that our Russian friends seem to have mastered!
I am surprised though at the lack of a shutdown option, and I didn't find a complete shutdown command under telnet.
I haven't relocated it yet - still waiting on some more cameras, and haven't run the needed cabling yet - but I'm going to run the box 'headless' up on top of a wall unit in the utility room where I currently have a switch.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
iTuneDVR - you are correct of course:
No POE=no POE menus.
No POE=no need for Virtual Host.
The firmware will adapt the menus based on the hardware capability that it resides in.

iTuneDVR - Вы правы, конечно:
Нет POE = без POE меню.
Нет POE = нет необходимости Виртуальный хост
Прошивки адаптировать меню на основе аппаратные возможности, что он находится в.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so the V3.0.10 firmware complains 'language mismatch' when a Chinese region Hikvision camera is connected as ONVIF. But still connects OK, so not (yet) a problem.
Does it also complain when a Chinese region Hikvision camera is connected as Plug and Play Hikvision?

On using the 3.0.10 CN_STD firmware on my DS-7816N-E2/8P NVR -
How did you do this? Easy! ;)
Can it be done for English?

Of course!
any instructions on what must be done would be most welcome ...

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
any instructions on what must be done would be most welcome ...
;)

OK, so the V3.0.10 firmware complains 'language mismatch' when a Chinese region Hikvision camera is connected as ONVIF. But still connects OK, so not (yet) a problem.
Does it also complain when a Chinese region Hikvision camera is connected as Plug and Play Hikvision?
Via ONVIF Hikvision Chinese IPC in connected to NVR but on NVR not available analytic functions from IPC

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So I just need a magic wand and a magician's hat and a magic spell?
I'll need to take a look on Aliexpress!
Так что я просто нужно волшебную палочку и шляпу волшебника и магические заклинания?
Мне нужно взглянуть на Aliexpress!

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Каждый решает самостоятельно, что ему нужно, что ему делать, а что нет. ;)