5441F Boobie cam Resource is limited, open video failed

websmoker

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the reset through the browser interface and was unable to connect to the camera at all. Took the cover off, reset with the button and went through the setup process twice just to confirm. After going through the setup process it displays the same message, Resource is limited, open video failed in live view. Another thing I think I had read in the search was the possibility of a corrupt or messed up memory card, so I pulled the memory card prior to trying the reset button.
After the latest update i installed ( received message while opening the cam) i get the same message. Resource is limited, open video failed!
It looks like its in the firmware.???
it happens ONLY when playback, selecting the .dav. file.
If i download the .dav i can view it with vlc player, but not in the Dahua viewer itself.
It can be a browser setting ?? i checked all...nothing to find....so i think the update was the culprit
Netherlands..greetings

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After the latest update i installed ( received message while opening the cam) i get the same message. Resource is limited, open video failed!
If i download the .dav i can view it with vlc player, but not in the Dahua viewer itself.
It can be a browser setting ?? i checked all...nothing to find....so i think the update was the culprit
Netherlands..greetings
It sounds like it may be a different issue but can't say for certain. I sent mine to be inspected by Andy's guy in the US and it was a hardware issue.

I had never updated my firmware and mine just began happening on it's own. I noticed that only one camera would be working when I would log into the BI3 web interface or into my Blue Iris terminal. After a reboot both cameras would work for a short time and then only one and then neither. I was away from the location where the camera was so wasn't able to investigate for a month or two if I remember correctly. A new camera was sent out but I was only at the location for a month and a couple weeks so it was not received until after I left and haven't had the opportunity to try the new one out yet, I'm sure it will be good as I have two others of the same cam and they still up and running. I will be back to that location and will be able to set up the new cam within the next few months.

I had tried reloading a identical version of the firmware that I had on the cam that came directly from a post on this site Andy had made and it didn't help but if yours is the firmware that may be worth trying. Not sure what version you had but I posted an image on the last page of my firmware version.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Netherlands..greetings
Same problem here, when trying to play a recording (.DAV file between 3MB and 6MB) I do get the resource is limited, video failed
message. The previous firmware release did not have this problem. Downloading, then playing DAV files is no problem and works fine with VLC.

Cameramodel: IPC HDW3341T-ZAS
Firmware version: V2.800.0000000.43.R.230829 =latest FW release for HDW3341T as of 5 December 2023)
Browser: problem does not seem to be browser related, firefox and chrome on Windows 11 box

I suspect the limited resource is available RAM memory inside the camera, if there is a small memory leak, then this resource
will be consumed over time until the camera "hangs".
There was a similar problem with older firmware with the camera menu control slowing down to a crawl over time.
(=very very long response time) until such time I had to force a manual reboot of the cam.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same problem here, when trying to play a recording (.DAV file between 3MB and 6MB) I do get the resource is limited, video failed
message. The previous firmware release did not have this problem. Downloading, then playing DAV files is no problem and works fine with VLC.

Cameramodel: IPC HDW3341T-ZAS
Firmware version: V2.800.0000000.43.R.230829 =latest FW release for HDW3341T as of 5 December 2023)
Browser: problem does not seem to be browser related, firefox and chrome on Windows 11 box

I suspect the limited resource is available RAM memory inside the camera, if there is a small memory leak, then this resource
will be consumed over time until the camera "hangs".
There was a similar problem with older firmware with the camera menu control slowing down to a crawl over time.
(=very very long response time) until such time I had to force a manual reboot of the cam.
You need to use Internet Explorer (yeah we know LOL).

Either that or your camera is going thru the router and there is too much going on and the playback can't get thru all the data as the camera doesn't buffer.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to use Internet Explorer (yeah we know LOL).

Either that or your camera is going thru the router and there is too much going on and the playback can't get thru all the data as the camera doesn't buffer.
Hi Wittaj, tx for your reply, as I am not doing camera access on the LAN ,sure there are many routers in between. These routers were in between
with all prior firmware releases as well :)
Buffering is not related to this issue, the firmware does not even try to play... Also downloading .DAV
with "too much going on", is working flawlessly.

IE is end of life and there is no reason to assume Dahua only works with a Microsoft product that is no longer supported.
(The Internet Explorer 11 desktop application has been retired and out of support since June 15, 2022.)
There are also no Active-X plugins from Dahua required as far as I know. (then you maybe could use IE "compatibility" mode in Edge)...

Long story short: Just another Dahua IPC CAM firmware bug that needs to be added to the open issues list.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found this, which might apply to your use case:

- Thomas

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Wittaj, tx for your reply, as I am not doing camera access on the LAN ,sure there are many routers in between. These routers were in between
Buffering is not related to this issue, the firmware does not even try to play... Also downloading .DAV

IE is end of life and there is no reason to assume Dahua only works with a Microsoft product that is no longer supported.
(The Internet Explorer 11 desktop application has been retired and out of support since June 15, 2022.)
There are also no Active-X plugins from Dahua required as far as I know. (then you maybe could use IE "compatibility" mode in Edge)...

Long story short: Just another Dahua IPC CAM firmware bug that needs to be added to the open issues list.
Yes I know full well that IE is end of life - but that doesn't change the fact that Explorer is NOT gone and doesn't change the fact that these cameras still work best with Explorer.

And just because it worked before in your network topology doesn't mean that the latest firmware you are now using isn't causing the problem and there is just enough of an issue that going thru your network topology is showing an issue. My boobie cam with the latest firmware on an isolated system not going thru routers and using Internet Explorer works just fine....just saying...

Further, this camera is still on the old firmware that totally still relies on Internet Explorer.

Dahua has already said there is no fix on the browser issue on any of the older chipset cameras (grey GUI), so any updates to the older GUI firmware doesn't solve that issue. Doesn't mean some cameras won't work with other browsers, but Explorer is the one known browser that these cameras (old GUI and new GUI) still work for.

Do a search here and elsewhere and you will find the browser used is a big deal. For some cameras, it is a bigger deal than others. Dahua PTZs for example need IE and not some IE emulator in Chrome. These little boobie cams with undersized processors are another.

It comes down to IE was the most popular browser when these cameras started to be made, so they centered the firmware around one particular browser and they got lazy and never updated the internals of the program to play nice with other browsers as more became available and IE started to fade.

Back when the firmware was written, it was probably a pain to get it to play nice with every different browser, so they went with the most popular one.

They haven't had a need to address this because their intended market (hint it isn't us) is mainly businesses where they have enough light they can stay in default settings so they dont have a need to login to the camera via browser. It is us homeowners that push these to the limits and actually change settings.

Many of these same installers/distributors that is the intended market use

Good luck finding a good camera that isn't centered around explorer lol unless you go with the consumer grade cameras that all all cloud/app based and you can't set parameters in the camera.

Yeah even in 2023, brand new cameras coming off the line are still requiring Internet Explorer and the plug-in in many instances. Some cameras are better than others, but IE is the standard if you don't want problems. You can think that all you want LOL, but the fact of the matter is even with the newest firmware, folks that can look "under the hood" have shown even the brand new 2023 cameras with the newest firmware GUI 5.0 (white GUI instead of the existing grey) suffer in some instances with not using Internet Explorer.

My brand new 2023 GUI 5.0 new firmware Dahua still works best in Explorer.

Unfortunately Hikvision and Dahua make many of the other brands out there, so you would potentially have the same experiences. Heck even 5 times the cost Axis still recommends Internet Explorer for many of their cameras LOL.

Doesn't mean it sometimes works in other browsers, but most here will use Internet Explorer (not edge with IE tab) to ensure they see and get what they expect. Some have had good experience with Pale Moon browser.

Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

"But I upgraded to Win11" .... yep still available:

Internet Explorer via W11

And @TonyR says it best in this thread LOL:

And for any future readers of this issue (IE being needed to set up many cams, especially PTZ's) who want to throw fits, curse and moan......it won't change anything. We all agree its a PITA but until the cam manufacturers do something about it all we can do is bite our collective lips and deal with it, like it or not. :idk:

BTW - here is a brand new 2023 model Dahua Camera with the new 5.0 GUI and look what is is asking for - the plugin that only works with Explorer:

1701799753834.png

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

If you are recording the video in H265, then try switching to H264. H265 takes more horse power on your computer to play it.