49225 XNA Good but annoying when it matters.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your focus seems to be tack sharp compared to mine. Huge difference. It focuses very fast as mine lurks and fusses before getting anywhere usable footage. Now I really hate this thing lol. Its been a year I believe since I bought it but I will reach out to Andy and see what he can do. The true reason I waited so long is because I really felt it would get better with recommended changes and time just passed. Not even looking for a handout but hoping he will have a resolve that satisfies both of us.

Here is another quick track where mine looses the tracking as the 2 people pass the black car but catches them again once they have passed it.
PS: take no notice of the colours and saturation brightness as I reset my camera last night and forgot to put my backup config file back on.
View attachment 79227

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's faulty especially from new then it should be repaired or a full refund within the 12 month period or what ever the warranty your supplier states. I hope you get it sorted but if you want my opinion it doesn't look and perform like mine.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well after numerous attempts to have Andy at Empire Tech warranty this turd, all I can say is that I have been chasing him down via email. The current count is 13 messages back and forth and almost ALL of them have been me contacting him. The last one was him stating he is trying to book a warranty repair with Dahua in the US. That was 9 days ago. I get the whole pandemic horseshit but I am losing my patience and this handling of the repair has bittered my taste to buying from him again. My brother and I have purchased several cameras from him.
The feature set of this camera is pretty awesome so I hope this gets repaired. If not, then I will be buying somewhere else. After all, I am sure the shipping to and from the repair center won't be cheap. Huge hassle!

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I am glad you have spoke out about your problem, these Chinese sellers are only interested in taking your money off you for a camera or firmware. Not sure how you paid but maybe go through PayPal or your credit card company and keep the forum informed what is going on as they don't like that. I hope you get it repaired or exchanged.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any updates?
Yes. I emailed him once again so the email count is now 16. He instructed me to ship it to an individual in PA. Just my luck as it is now the Chinese new year so it may take a month or more to get it back. (another reason to by US) Just hope it is repaired after shipping it insured because I would hate to piss away $30 or $40 to end up in the same boat. Hope I end up at least with what is a normally functioning 49225.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
His guy in PA probably doesn't observe the Chinese New Year since, well, the guy is in the USA...plus almost anything that is bought in the US and you have warranty needs on it and will be a hassle.

Maybe you have just got lucky and haven't had to deal with warranty issues much (or maybe I have been unlucky), but just because you purchase something in the US doesn't mean you aren't given the run-around as well. Bought a made and sold in the US unlocked cell phone once to get off the dependence of carriers and had an issue and it was months of back and forth before they would even consider taking the phone back under warranty and then wouldn't ship me a new phone until they had mine in possession...and when they did ship a phone to me it was clearly a beat up refurbish unit....and it suffered from the same issue of the one I sent back...

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So my fault for not finding a box but Shipping to PA ended up running $55. (Box 15 bucks) Insured it and sent signature requested but apparently UPS won't require signatures because of covid. ( Dumb) I save my packaging for about 6 months but should start to save them for as long as the warranty period.
Thought it was weird to be sending it to a private residence but maybe techs are working remotely. Fingers crossed it gets fixed otherwise I pissed $$ in the wind. Missing this cam already. Had an incident with cops up the street and couldn't gawk lol.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@rcirz let me know if you still have it and want me to jump on the system. If not, when you get it back you know you can reach out any time, I'll take a look, dial it in and give you my assessment on whats going on or might be an issue. Here to help if you need, you know that :)

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@rcirz let me know if you still have it and want me to jump on the system. If not, when you get it back you know you can reach out any time, I'll take a look, dial it in and give you my assessment on whats going on or might be an issue. Here to help if you need, you know that :)
Thanks very much! You were a huge help last year and everything you helped set up and explain to me yielded a great result in function and my understanding. The core issue of poor focus never was resolved and based on other member's postings of their 49225 models captures it is evident that my cam has a problem. UPS shows my camera was delivered to the repair location in PA yesterday afternoon. I am hoping the individual does not observe the Chinese New Year and is working on it. Also hoping I get some kind of explanation as to what is found and/or repaired. Missing the cam already lol.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks very much! You were a huge help last year and everything you helped set up and explain to me yielded a great result in function and my understanding. The core issue of poor focus never was resolved and based on other member's postings of their 49225 models captures it is evident that my cam has a problem. UPS shows my camera was delivered to the repair location in PA yesterday afternoon. I am hoping the individual does not observe the Chinese New Year and is working on it. Also hoping I get some kind of explanation as to what is found and/or repaired. Missing the cam already lol.
Hahah, well when you get it back feel free to ping me back, always happy to help where I can

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep - Chinese New Year so we will hear from Andy once again next week. They must throw their people in jail if they work over a holiday LOL:p

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi rcirz , its been quite a few weeks now and just wondering if you have your camera back and is it all ok now?

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UPDATE: Just heard back from Andy. He said there is a broken key part. Dahua is attempting to fix it and if can't fix it will send a replacement. Requires about another 10 days.

I still didn't get it back. Emailed Andy last week for an update and he said the guy in PA never told him he received it so I gave him the tracking info. Heard nothing back in a week so I emailed him again yesterday and he never replied. Getting impatient. Turning into a nightmare.

Last edited:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awaiting patiently. New camera coming from China. Been hung up there with no progress shown. Been in Shenzhen China for 2 days now. Possibly just tracking info isn't updated. Looking forward to getting a PTZ back up. Over a month now but understand the holiday slowed up the process.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I was right then :) about it being broken. Glad you are getting a new one and let's hope this one is ok for you as you have spent a LOT of time and patience on the broken camera.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Awaiting patiently. New camera coming from China. Been hung up there with no progress shown. Been in Shenzhen China for 2 days now. Possibly just tracking info isn't updated. Looking forward to getting a PTZ back up. Over a month now but understand the holiday slowed up the process.
you’ll enjoy it when it’s back though :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You even can get a new replacement for using near 1 year, this is only we can do. ;)
Will be there before the weekend.