32 Ch NVR with audio recording capabilities over 100 meters

salvananez

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm setting up a new warehouse/offices for the business I work for.
I need 32 working cameras and to be able to record audio in at least 16 via eth. But some cameras are over 100 m of cable distance. That's why I was looking for HIKVISION Poe Extender switch.
The person that is trying to sell me the NVR and the cameras tells me the device records audio.
But I have a friend that has contact with the main seller of Hikvision in my country. Told him to ask for me. And he says that hikvision NVR's does not record audio, but only has real time listening.

I know Dahua does indeed can record audio through poe, but i don't know if poe extender switch would work. If not, the cable setup I've already made thinking in HIK would not work for me.

DS-7732NI-K4/16P is the NVR
DS-2CD2542FWD-IS is one of the cameras that the seller offered with integrated microphone.
Also offered DS-2CD2122FWD-IS and told me this needs an external mic. But that audio travels via eth.

This is a sort of blueprint I made for this setup. Hope someone could help me here.PISO ARRIBA.png PISO ABAJO.png

salvananez

n3wb
Reaction score
My question is, can I have video/audio recording over the network? I don't want to connect an extra cable for microphone or audio.
I know Dahua does this. Seller says Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-K4/16P does the same. But an acquaintance says it does not.

A POE switch will not make any difference in audio being recorded or not.
Take a look at Dahua's new ePOE systems.
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/keyTechnologies/332
Where can I find these products? Ebay information is not really clear at all in most of publications.

Thank you so much for your time and patience

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My question is, can I have video/audio recording over the network? I don't want to connect an extra cable for microphone or audio.
I know Dahua does this. Seller says Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-K4/16P does the same. But an acquaintance says it does not.

Where can I find these products? Ebay information is not really clear at all in most of publications.

Thank you so much for your time and patience
Don't purchase from Ebay, you run a high risk of getting China Region cams hacked to English.
You can get them:
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
and
BEC Technology Co.,Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Or message @EMPIRETECANDY here on the forum.

On your hik audio question, try asking in the Hikvision subject area of this forum.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We just went to Dahua presentation down here in Miami where they were talking about the new ePoE technology. It is supposed to transmit data and PoE 800m or 8 times farther than before. You need an ePoE camera and ePoE switch or recorder on the other end.