2nd Amendment thread

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This was about as unforeseeable an event as law enforcement will ever encounter. The one good change that will result from this incident is that schools and churches that haven't done so will quickly upgrade their doors. If Covenant had installed reinforced mesh glass doors, she could have blown out the glass and set off an alarm, but the police would have arrived before she ever got into the building.
So much for Locking Doors if they are glass...

IMO, if this person truly wanted to die (commit suicide), it would of shot itself. one murder, itself, done, but since this deranged mentally ill confused person planned to take out others, especially young children, cancels their suicide statement, it did not even have the guts to take it's own life. It will go down in history as a coward, nothing more.

Reaction score
The really bad part about this? (besides the 6 deaths). The old school classmate (Averianna Patton) the shooter sent a text message to almost 15 minutes before she shot her way into the school, called Metro 911 to report the text message. What did 911 tell her to do? "Hang up and call back on the non-emergency number." By the time she was able to report it to the non-emergency number, the deaths had already started. Our local TV MSM is muting out that part of the interview. Typical MSM.

Realistically, what could the MNPD have done? Even if they had immediately dispatched a patrol car, where would it have gone? The interval between the text message and the shooting was 15 minutes, and absolutely no one knew where she was until she arrived at the school and began firing.

As to whether the MNPD should have treated a second-hand suicide threat as an emergency, I don't agree. The police are understaffed, and constantly dealing with violent crimes all over Nashville; they can't dispatch an emergency response for a threatened suicide when they don't even know where to find the person.

I will agree that the wait times for the non-emergency line are much too long, but again - the MNPD is understaffed.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
When I was younger, I was able to tour the Denver Mint. For some strange reason,
they had/have twin 50 cal. machine guns aimed down at the anteroom. I do not think
a hand full of metal tokens are worth the life of 1 child. Get armed at schools.

Reaction score
Ok boys and girls, this is once again a reminder that you are your own first responder. It took 14 minutes from the first call for police to take down the suspect.
I wonder why schools don't at least have people armed with Byrna launchers. You can fire away with little fear of injuring innocent bystanders, and a face full of pepper spray or tear gas will seriously disorient any shooter in very short order.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stop calling this dude a her. He is a he, he was born with a dick and nuts. Outstanding work on the PD's end. I finally had time to watch the bodycam footage, I listened to the audio on Clay and Buck, but just watched it. I fully expected to watch the footage of a SWAT team all suited up. But nope, just regular PD, doing what they do best. Serve and Protect. Those guys are hero's.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am so thankful that the school we send our kid's to is very open that teacher's do conceal carry. There is a huge sign on the entrance that states that this is a concealed carry premise and that there are armed guards on site. (The armed guard's are most of the teacher's.)

Reaction score
Stop calling this dude a her. He is a he, he was born with a dick and nuts. Outstanding work on the PD's end. I finally had time to watch the bodycam footage, I listened to the audio on Clay and Buck, but just watched it. I fully expected to watch the footage of a SWAT team all suited up. But nope, just regular PD, doing what they do best. Serve and Protect. Those guys are hero's.
It's the other way around. The media erroneously called her a "transgender woman" when they should have called her a "transgender man" to fit the standard definition. She was born Audrey Hale, and her own family called her by that name. She used Aiden and he/him pronouns on her own social media postings.

Reaction score
It's the other way around. The media erroneously called her a "transgender woman" when they should have called her a "transgender man" to fit the standard definition. She was born Audrey Hale, and her own family called her by that name. She used Aiden and he/him pronouns on her own social media postings.
Thank you for clarifying that--- I wasn't sure what IT was!

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there misinformation on this I thought this was a woman messed up in the brain thinking she could be a man.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there misinformation on this I thought this was a woman messed up in the brain thinking she could be a man.
I'll stand corrected then.

I don't watch or listen to the news, the most new's I get is on my 5 minuet commute to work in the morning listening to local talk radio. I heard them say tran's guy. So my assumption was that this was a dude with a mental disorder who cut his ball's off. Not a chick with a mental disorder who cut her tit's off.