2nd Amendment thread

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Different situation in the UK from the sounds of it as what the UK Government rules applies automatically over any local Government and they have to obey it. ..
FYI - it is about a balance of power... those in the UK used to understand this... they've now been taught to accept not having a balance and allowing the Government to have a monopoly on that power

Once the State was able to get full monopoly on the rights to power, they've clearly removed that from the commoners.

recall: ( from wikipedia.. I don't have time right now to dig more .. )
During the reign of Henry III the Assize of Arms of 1252 required that all "citizens, burgesses, free tenants, villeins and others from 15 to 60 years of age" should be armed.[79] The poorest of them were expected to have a halberd and a knife, and a bow if they owned land worth more than £2.[80] This made it easier for the King to raise an army, but also meant that the bow was a weapon commonly used by rebels during the Peasants' Revolt. From the time that the yeoman class of England became proficient with the longbow, the nobility in England had to be careful not to push them into open rebellion.[81][82]

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AK taking a lesson from the AR platform and going with a more modular design now, separate upper / lower

Useful, as in Russia iirc you can have up to 5 firearms, the lower = firearm thus one lower you can have 3 different uppers ( 7.62x39mm, 5.45mm, 5.56m )

Reaction score
AK taking a lesson from the AR platform and going with a more modular design now, separate upper / lower

Useful, as in Russia iirc you can have up to 5 firearms, the lower = firearm thus one lower you can have 3 different uppers ( 7.62x39mm, 5.45mm, 5.56m )

I absolutely LOVE my AK-47! Years and years of brain washing was instantly flushed down the shitter the first time I built and fired my AK over the AR. Yes, they both have their places, but I will take my AK over my AR ANY day of the week. That's just me.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my AK-47! Years and years of brain washing was instantly flushed down the shitter the first time I built and fired my AK over the AR. Yes, they both have their places, but I will take my AK over my AR ANY day of the week. That's just me.
As long as you don't have to lug 500 rounds with you.:banghead:
The 762x39 is great for close range deer hunting, etc

Reaction score
As long as you don't have to lug 500 rounds with you.:banghead:
The 762x39 is great for close range deer hunting, etc
And you sir are correct. I don't lug crap anymore, just my fat @ss around now. :) I just love shooting my AK....that 7.62 just feels nice and right. That 'spring' sound I get from AR doesn't do it for me any longer.... But, I believe so much in the AR platform, I built a M4 for my 8 year old (she is short) and a M16A2 for my 12 year old (she is very tall). They each will receive them on their 16th birthdays. Along with copious amounts of accessories and rounds. Of course...:)

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
And you sir are correct. I don't lug crap anymore, just my fat @ss around now. :) I just love shooting my AK....that 7.62 just feels nice and right. That 'spring' sound I get from AR doesn't do it for me any longer.... But, I believe so much in the AR platform, I built a M4 for my 8 year old (she is short) and a M16A2 for my 12 year old (she is very tall). They each will receive them on their 16th birthdays. Along with copious amounts of accessories and rounds. Of course...:)
They do have some vo-do buffer bumpers for AR, but who knows about reliability. It's worth it so stick with the KISS method.
The Ak will work with a ton of sand caked in them, and still cycle. That says something.

Reaction score
Years ago I saw a video of someone pumping thousands of rounds through one as a torture test. It would glow and they threw it in the mud to cool it a little and then fire it right up. I think it finally died. Searched for that but could not find it.

Here is one though that is nice:

AK-47 Torture Test!!! - video Dailymotion

Reaction score
A good friend of mine worked in our Moscow office for several years back in the early 1990's. He met a nice young lady there and ultimately married her. He transferred back and forth between the states and a couple of different offices in Russia over the years. Well his wife's grandfather was Mikhail Kalashnikov. The first time he met Kalashnikov was just before his first return to Houston. The guy gave Carl a couple of Russian night vision scopes. They were obviously first gen versions that were very old. But they were quite cool to mess with. Wish I had take picture of them.

Reaction score
^^^^ THAT is freak'n awesome!!!
Yes, working oil & gas exploration around the world for over 35 years gets one to meet different people and see different places.

One of my other friends had to fly from Houston to Malaysia and since it was such a long flight, the company allowed 1st class. He has a picture of him and President Bush (41) posing for the camera while in flight. I think it was around 2004 or so. Definitely before mid 06 as he and I were in Nigeria then. He also got to 'hang out' in the Antonov when it transported natural gas equipment to PNG for us.