2022 New Product Plan and Chinese New Year Plan

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm really interested in getting a good quality PTZ soon, but after looking around it seems for most purposes the MP and Zoom level doesn't mean shite unless the auto tracking and zoom software is any good. (For a residential unmanned setup)

I want to set and forgot, and have the camera to all the work and capture good footage on it's own accord.

If it can do that on a 2MP sensor and a half decent optical zoom then so be it. As long as it's tracking and zooming efficiently you don't need an 8MP 4/3 sensor...not that I'd be complaining if it had both. But it seems all the value is in the automated software tracking, zooming, and focussing at this point in the game, which you'd have thought is is highly hardware independant.

Market to me a camera where the focus is on a top notch firmware with the best AI, tracking, following, focussing and zooming and you've got me sold.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really interested in getting a good quality PTZ soon, but after looking around it seems for most purposes the MP and Zoom level doesn't mean shite unless the auto tracking and zoom software is any good. (For a residential unmanned setup)

I want to set and forgot, and have the camera to all the work and capture good footage on it's own accord.

If it can do that on a 2MP sensor and a half decent optical zoom then so be it. As long as it's tracking and zooming efficiently you don't need an 8MP 4/3 sensor...not that I'd be complaining if it had both. But it seems all the value is in the automated software tracking, zooming, and focussing at this point in the game, which you'd have thought is is highly hardware independant.

Market to me a camera where the focus is on a top notch firmware with the best AI, tracking, following, focussing and zooming and you've got me sold.
Do you have one of the existing ones like the 49225? Most here have found it to be a great PTZ.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No I don't have any yet, just been watching a lot of PTZ vids recently it just seem clear to me that the quality of the auto tracking probably makes or breaks it.

Does the 49225 have very good auto tracking?

I was quite impressed by the some of the vids of a SD5A425XA that ljw2k posted though,.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the 49225 and SD5A425XA has great auto tracking. @ljw2k had the 49225 first before upgrading. He may even had got the next model up in between and got rid of it because it didn't track as well as the 49225 (or maybe it a firmware update on the SD5A that made it better - don't remember now) Look for his excellent videos from the 49225 and see how great it autotracks.

Do keep in mind none of these are plug and play and you do have to dial it in for your fields of view.

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words wittaj.

I did indeed have the 49225 and could not fault the auto tracking feature on that camera whatsoever especially what it cost. I do now have the 5A425XA which when I first purchased it I was a little disappointed in the auto tracking comparing it to the 49225 but a simple firmware update changed that and I would say both as good as each other. The firmware fix was a web plugin I was told. I will say the 5A425XA has a better picture day & night as a much larger sensor and 4mp.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the SD5A425 too, sold it and bought 2x 49225XA-HNR (now I have 3). :cool:

SD5A425 is still a great camera but the price/performance of 49225 is pretty much unbeatable.

Being "only" a 2mp it's an impressive piece of kit.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words wittaj.

I did indeed have the 49225 and could not fault the auto tracking feature on that camera whatsoever especially what it cost. I do now have the 5A425XA which when I first purchased it I was a little disappointed in the auto tracking comparing it to the 49225 but a simple firmware update changed that and I would say both as good as each other. The firmware fix was a web plugin I was told. I will say the 5A425XA has a better picture day & night as a much larger sensor and 4mp.
What firmware version are you running on the 5A425XA?
I have one, and have not been thrilled with it's tracking. Although, I realize with all my trees in the field of view does not help matters.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey looney hope you are well, I was very disappointed when I first got this camera in regards to auto tracking so I spoke to my supplier here in the UK who got in touch with Dahua to ask there engineers can this be fixed. After some time via Teamviewer with the Dahua Engineers they wrote a new improved firmware to fix the auto tracking. Device TypeDH-SD5A425XA-HNR System VersionV2.812.0000012.0.R.P9.2519.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-09-04.

This firmware is now on the Dahua Website Looney and if you have not already got this then I would solely recommend you download it and update your camera as it makes it what it a completely different beast.
SD5A425XA-HNR (dahuasecurity.com)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey looney hope you are well, I was very disappointed when I first got this camera in regards to auto tracking so I spoke to my supplier here in the UK who got in touch with Dahua to ask there engineers can this be fixed. After some time via Teamviewer with the Dahua Engineers they wrote a new improved firmware to fix the auto tracking. Device TypeDH-SD5A425XA-HNR System VersionV2.812.0000012.0.R.P9.2519.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-09-04.

This firmware is now on the Dahua Website Looney and if you have not already got this then I would solely recommend you download it and update your camera as it makes it what it a completely different beast.
SD5A425XA-HNR (dahuasecurity.com)
Alls well here.
Thank you!

mazut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Take a look at the SD5A445XA-HNR model, it presents a very nice image quality, unfortunately only the retail price is a bit too high.
I changed DH-SD59225U-HNI to SD5A445XA-HNR and I'm happy with the change, nice ptz

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look at the SD5A445XA-HNR model, it presents a very nice image quality, unfortunately only the retail price is a bit too high.
I changed DH-SD59225U-HNI to SD5A445XA-HNR and I'm happy with the change, nice ptz
I wouldn't look at the SD5A445xa-HNR because it has a 1/2.8" sensor with average to poor night time images. It is also reported to have focus issues.