2022 New Product Plan and Chinese New Year Plan

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The 4K 1/1.2 Cmos camera dahua has a little delay, because they will use another better platform, they said the day and night pics are incrediable sharp, haha, let's wait their video.
View attachment 120439
I wish Dahua could find a way to package these in a smaller platform. ;)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Will be interesting to put some of these through their paces when available. Release schedule and R&D times are definitely getting pushed out due to logistics and chip shortage issues which is a shame but should see some of the newer models available across ranges in the next few months even if limited / constrained supply at first. It’s also interesting to see specs and SOCs change mid development / manufacturing cycles so something to keep an eye on for sure.

With that said, this lull in newer / upgraded products is a great opportunity for manufacturers to double down on improving and enhancing FW as there as many areas such as AI ANPR, Video Metadata, fine tuning international DBs for plate recognition etc that can benefit both current and new cameras across the portfolio.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there any chance that the new, smaller PTZ sd4a425db-hnr will have Auto-Tracking? Or is that just pretty much going to be the much larger PTZ?

I'd really like to get a auto-track ptz for the front of my house, but WAF.... :)

Last edited:

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any change that the smaller PTZ sd4a425db-hnr will have Auto-Tracking? Or is that just pretty much going to be the much larger PTZ?

I'd really like to get a auto-track ptz for the front of my house, but WAF.... :)
Andy told me in a PM that auto tracking isn't part of the 4 series anymore, only the 5 series and up (except for the older 49425 and 49225).

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at the specs, it looks like a new 1/1.8” sensor. Maybe IMX678?

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not. But I have a sd8a440-hnf-pa. So probably a few hundred above that.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You might want to look at the Hikvision DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW(T5) 8MP 42× with its 1/1.2" sensor

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did look for that model. Strangely enough I haven't found a vendor that sells that exact model. Anyways, Sept isn't too far away and I heard Dahua is priced better compared to Hikvision.