2022 Latest New SD8C440FD-HNF 4MP 40X Startlight Polarlight PTZ

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL. While not the price of the 49225 PTZ, there are some existing models that come close in price to this new one. I was actually thinking it was going to be over $3k.
I do have an application on my farm where I could utilize the 40X optical zoom. My current 30X has a 5.9-177mm optical zoom and this new camera has a 6-240mm optical zoom. I am just having reservations on the cameras ability to illuminate well enough in a zero lux situation, which is what I have on my farm at night, to pull the trigger on a $1,900.00 camera right now.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally, for that kind of money, I'm waiting for a 4k/8MP version with 1/1.2" sensor for low light performance.
No Dahua want to sell you all there old tech first before they bring a 1/1.2" PTZ unlike Hikvision which is now on there EOL ( End Of Line ) :) Dahua still want to sell you 1/1.8" &1/2.8" sensors.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Has 2 pics between Hikvision Super one and this polar one.H The light is bit low.
Hikvision darkfighter
View attachment 127416

Polar Light Dahua
View attachment 127419
Might be a better and a much fairer comparison with the new Hikvision TandemVU but I would always still go for the older darkfighter DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W) which has a excellent 2/3 cmos sensor and 8mp and separate fixed cameras.

2022-06-16 02_00_24-Window.jpg

Last edited:

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be a better and a much fairer comparison with the new Hikvision TandemVU but I would always still go for the older darkfighter DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W) which has a excellent 2/3 cmos sensor and 8mp and separate fixed cameras.

View attachment 130856
The problem with ds-2sf8c442mxs-dlw is it's $3k USD state side. Also, it doesn't support POE because of it's 70w requirement.

As for DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W), it's sensitivity (spec sheet) isn't as good as the Dahua. It's also $3k for whatever reason from a cursory search.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem with ds-2sf8c442mxs-dlw is it's $3k USD state side. Also, it doesn't support POE because of it's 70w requirement.

As for DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W), it's sensitivity (spec sheet) isn't as good as the Dahua. It's also $3k for whatever reason from a cursory search.
I wouldn't say it is a "problem" with the not having POE feature and running a separate power supply for most situations wouldn't be a problem.
The DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W) would be in a different league to the NEW Dahua I would think ask Parley he has a Dahua with a 2/3 sensor and can be had on eBay Uk as a demo model for less than 1k

I would ALWAYS take a 2/3 sensor no matter what the sensitivity is over a 1/1.8" or 1/2.8" sensor and out the 3 mentioned above I would still go for the DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W) for my situation and environment , your needs might be different.

Price difference I have no control over sorry but I know it is VERY expensive to send or receive parcels now from over the pond as my cousin now lives in Houston Texas.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is a "problem" with the not having POE feature and running a separate power supply for most situations wouldn't be a problem.
The DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W) would be in a different league to the NEW Dahua I would think ask Parley he has a Dahua with a 2/3 sensor and can be had on eBay Uk as a demo model for less than 1k

I would ALWAYS take a 2/3 sensor no matter what the sensitivity is over a 1/1.8" or 1/2.8" sensor and out the 3 mentioned above I would still go for the DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W) for my situation and environment , your needs might be different.

Price difference I have no control over sorry but I know it is VERY expensive to send or receive parcels now from over the pond as my cousin now lives in Houston Texas.
4/3" sensors on the Dahua ptz's that are now out of production.