2022 Latest New SD8C440FD-HNF 4MP 40X Startlight Polarlight PTZ

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

A new PTZ is out now, it's using the new dual light and Polar light new technology, attached PDF file is the details for checking.
This model we will bring one for review and for fun.

1651220202195.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Marketing people always show their cameras at night, in a well lit, big city with lots of light pollution. Doesn't do me a bit of good. I need to see one of their cameras setup in the absolute middle of no-where, in the middle of the night, where you can't even slightly see your hand in front of your face. Then, let's play with the 40X optical zoom and (IR, Starlight or Polarlight...what ever they are calling it). That would be the ultimate test of how well it can illuminate at night and what range the optical zoom stops being effective. Eventually, I am going to pull the trigger to replace my EOL Hikvision DS-2DE7530IW-AE that is starting to show it's age. Without some video that shows the capability of the new technology in a rural setting, that is kind of a semi-expensive gamble on how well it will work in a rural setting.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would be interested in one. Where is a higher resolution sensor in the mix?

What is availability like?

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would be interested the spec sheet for the 4k variant with the 1/1.2" sensor when it's available to compare with this 4MP model. Interested if the night time specs will line up.