2022 EmpireTech Chirstmas Sales

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I saw the value and the quantity of the prizes in this raffle, that was augmented with more merchandise after the initial prize list was published btw, and I paid for two tickets without a second thought. It was a no-brainer. I believed it might be better not to receive numbers in chronological order. I deliberately bought one at a time over 3 weeks so I would not have consecutive numbers. I did this, I took the initiative to influence my chances. It was VERY simple to do! Zero gas was involved, it did not cost any additional monies to buy 1 ticket at once. In the end, it took 5 extra minutes of my time. The amount of time it took you to suggest someone else increase your odds, you could've easily affected your odds yourself.

Reality check! Each of my non-consecutive tickets were, indeed, one number off from a winning number!
But if @Arjun followed your advice, that would be 5 less minutes he would have for posting video of scantily clothed girls and all the Russian babes showing up in his ads LOL :lmao:

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj is right - :rofl: Trust me, in recent days I've minimized the amount of time spent on that part of the world wide web - and the feeling is great, haha - I get much cleaner ads now

But if @Arjun followed our advice, that would be 5 less minutes he would have for posting video of scantily clothed girls and all the Russian babes showing up in his ads LOL :lmao:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So we have all the winners now.

Update the Winners' No.
Super Prize 303

1st Place Winners: 6,256,7,252,138,301,70,234,292,310,211,196

2nd Place Winners No. are 103,333, 33,220,261,143,49,88,352,161,97,43

3rd Place Winners: 172, 57, 134, 356, 354, 282, 96, 358, 112, 321

4th Place Winners, 1,22,39,52,74,117,123,145,173,191,194,201,324,331,357

Special Prize: 332,308

5th Place Winners: 278 ,337 ,365 ,198 ,345 ,102 ,362 ,183 ,293 ,247 ,300 ,257 ,219 ,287 ,78 ,214 ,227 ,126 ,195 ,149 ,47 ,364 ,263 ,132

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. Just to be clear about what happened with the original picks I made. The link Andy sent was a "generic" link to the wheel spin site. I assumed, and we know what happened, that it had the current data on it regarding entries, went ahead and made the spins. I have no skin in the game, didn't buy tickets or merchandise this time around so there is nothing nefarious going on at all.

That said, here are the 4th place winners based on the full data set provided by Andy and entered into the wheel spinner.

Once again, congratulations to all the winners and a big thanks to Andy for running this whole thing and providing such a great list of prizes! My apologies for the screw up.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

EOAEvan

n3wb
Reaction score
OK. Just to be clear about what happened with the original picks I made. The link Andy sent was a "generic" link to the wheel spin site. I assumed, and we know what happened, that it had the current data on it regarding entries, went ahead and made the spins. I have no skin in the game, didn't buy tickets or merchandise this time around so there is nothing nefarious going on at all.
No worries. Doing something like this in real time where you have to edit the wheel after each draw is not easy. I appreciate the volunteers and especially Andy's time putting this together.... Despite not having my #'s drawn lol. Time to go buy cameras #6 & 7!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But everyone should keep in mind this is not some official state lottery. This is a nice little perk Andy provides. Let's not ruin it lol

This exactly!

As stated this wasn't some official state lottery, nor was it an official give-away with a bunch of legal disclaimers that we see on official give-aways when companies like Coca-Cola do give-aways.

Andy was under no obligation to give away $5,000 worth of cameras as a fun little promotion and give-away, and we should all hope the comments don't deter him from doing it again in the future.

Technical glitches happen and this wasn't some ill-intended deliberate election rigging scheme LOL.

I was fortunate enough to be a wheel-spinner and I assure you a mistake can happen very easily, not only when passing it off to another person, but even within your own spins. One thing I saw after spinning a number and one was selected is that it gave you the option button to remove that number for future spins. When you selected the remove option, up at the top of the screen that the other spinners may not have seen was a small sliding countdown to remove the number. If you started the spin for the next number before that slider was stopped, the number wasn't removed and that is probably how the same number was pulled more than once. Or you could manually remove the number.

Having different people pick brings excitement to the game and should help ensure that deliberate funny business isn't happening. It kept us all glued to the forum for two hours and constantly hitting refresh and @Arjun getting more offers for Russian mail order brides LOL. I am sure the ad revenue alone for that two hours helps provide funds to allow this forum to continue!

Unfortunately it brought about a technical glitch and Andy did his best to try to resolve it, but I am sure there will still be some that are upset.

We should be thankful he is giving away so many cameras. He could have just as easily not done a promotion, or he could have just randomly threw a camera in your box when you ordered as a bonus, or gave them away as first come-first serve to drive people to buy immediately, or another other way.

Heck I didn't win in the original spins or the 4th place re-spins and I am not upset about the technical glitch that didn't have my numbers in it. Sure I am bummed I didn't win, but stuff happens and if I won it was a nice little bonus.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Heck, I am going to point a NOOB to this thread when we get the occasional NOOB person that questions these cameras as not being real Dahua and whether Andy is throwing some nefarious code in the firmware to phone China or steal bank info LOL.

Look at the scrutiny people did and pulling out magnifying glasses and scrutinizing the wheel on a free promotion LOL.

These same people and others are scrutinizing the firmware and doing all sorts of diagnostics to test for funny business in these cameras. If there was anything funny in the firmware, it would be found by members here!!!!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I did not win either - however, I would be more than happy to be a wheel-spinner in his next giveaway :lol:

Also, had I won the Grand Prize, I would have hopped on a flight to Hong Kong and given Andy a brotherly hug in-person :)

Nevertheless - he deserves recommending to others - and we all love him very much

THANK YOU ANDY! Lots of Love :D

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you Andy - we all greatly appreciate your dedication

Thanks @sebastiantombs for the 4th Prize lucky numbers

1 USA
22 USA
39 Italy
52 USA
74 USA
117 USA
123 AU
145 USA
173 Norway
191 USA
194 USA
201 USA
324 USA
331 USA
357 USA

This is the new picking from @sebastiantombs , so all winners No. have been released.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly, probably pennies - it would have not been great for mining, haha

You can go a long way with a GTX 1650 these days

Imagine what that would be worth now LOL

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did not win either - however, I would be more than happy to be a wheel-spinner in his next giveaway :lol:

Also, had I won the Grand Prize, I would have hopped on a flight to Hong Kong and given Andy a brotherly hug in-person :)

Nevertheless - he deserves recommending to others - and we all love him very much

THANK YOU ANDY! Lots of Love :D
If you were a wheel spinner, you would be posting all these kind of videos as you prepped for it :lmao:

Maybe she should be the next spinner LOL :lmao: