2021 New Product From Dahua

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just found I caught my neighbors 30 ton log splitter being stolen. He mentioned it almost a week ago and said it probably happened during the day. We went back and reviewed clips back as far as February 1 and didn't find anything. Keep in mind I don't "watch" my neighbors driveway with my system specifically, but it does capture part of his driveway and the street. Talking with him today about it he mentioned he noticed tire tracks in the driveway one morning so I went back and started looking at night based on the last snowstorm we had. For some reason I started the night of February 23 at about 10PM.

Found it at 5:10AM on the morning of the 24th. It's not a great video, about 120 feet with about a 10mm focal length on a 2231 and in semi-color because of the snow that was still on the ground. At least we got a date and time and from the video know what kind of truck it was. Unfortunately for him, I haven't got LPR running......yet.
I despise thieves! I have my dad's old log splitter... Well the frame of it anyways. He had it chained up years ago and some turds took the time to dismantle the thing. Unbolted and removed the engine and all hydrolics. Just left the trailer frame. Why in the world they didn't just cut the chain and take the whole thing is a mystery. Pricing out replacement parts it's only a couple hundred difference to just buy a whole new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes 5241-Z12 is great for LPR (took the award from the 5231) and especially with the FW update I mentioned that allows manual focus settings per profile HERE and HERE. I've pushed these to over 150' with little light in LPR and they still perform very well. This new 8442 is in a different category for sure but has the ability to push boundaries with its multi sensor approach albeit focused on some specific use cases. Interested to see how this will hold up for night LPR and other duties and I'll look to put it through its paces and see how well it performs when it arrives.