2021 New Product From Dahua

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
They could really do in making into 1 big chart. The beauty of the simple chart I have above is at a glance you can make sense of the sizing as there's a visual chronology to it and easy to compare sensor area. That's a great chart though.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I found this on the 1/1.2" sensor size and I quote. :) I am grinning from ear to ear.

"Although there are some lens manufacturers that designed a lens with the specific 1/1.2” format, there are not many. Referring to lens format diagram, the 1/1.2” format is between a 2/3” and 1” format."

Edit: That is over twice the area of the 1/1.8" sensor. The possibilities are there for good night time viewing. :) ;) :) ;):)

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my £117 Hikvision 1/1.2" F1:0 sat in the box on my table and will try and get it fitted tomorrow :) A small clip has already been posted in the Hikvision Section to what to expect from this sensor and it looks promising indeed similar performance to the 5442 but more detail and sharpness.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
it'll be interesting to see if anyone has the balls to make a 2MP version on a 1/1.2" (or larger!) sensor, ala IMX482 w/ 5.9um pixels. The previous pixel-size winner (imx385, 2MP on 1/2" sensor for 3.8um pixels) never got widely incorported into mainstream cams... My guess is 'no', but I'd love to be wrong there... :)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
right. the imx482 seems to be e 'binned' version of the 8mp imx485 chip (ie, 4 pixels are binned together to make one uber-pixel). my prediction is that it'll show up only in astronomy and industrial applications, as the IMX385 did, at a substantial price point above those found in our consumer IP cams...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I found this on the 1/1.2" sensor size and I quote. :) I am grinning from ear to ear.

"Although there are some lens manufacturers that designed a lens with the specific 1/1.2” format, there are not many. Referring to lens format diagram, the 1/1.2” format is between a 2/3” and 1” format."

Edit: That is over twice the area of the 1/1.8" sensor. The possibilities are there for good night time viewing. :) ;) :) ;):)
Yes I know, check the chart I posted. Really easy visual size comparison with area calulcations already made for you and posted underneath each "sensor" picture.

it'll be interesting to see if anyone has the balls to make a 2MP version on a 1/1.2" (or larger!) sensor, ala IMX482 w/ 5.9um pixels. The previous pixel-size winner (imx385, 2MP on 1/2" sensor for 3.8um pixels) never got widely incorported into mainstream cams... My guess is 'no', but I'd love to be wrong there... :)
I could see an application for a ptz for this. That said, given Dahua has very high end cams with that amazing Sony sensor in them, it remains to be seen as to whether they'd want to compete against themsleves with that. It's just a pity that Sony sensor doesn't become viable at low cost because their camera the VNB770 i has both pixel count (4k) and low light performance. At least the low end is heading in the right direction thanks to Hik. For a while there I thought we were going to go the other way with LEDs supplementary lighting.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you parley for that sensor size of 1/1.2 . Let us know Andy once the order starts I will definitely will be putting some more cam.

Question is do I need it no. Do I want it YES LOL hahaha
I have a PTZ to upgrade on the back of my house. This may be the one I will use. The current PTZ is 1K with a 1/2.8" sensor. Here is a picture of it.

Dahua 4.JPG

Agasnine

n3wb
Reaction score
Still learning what all the features of these cameras are. Any reason to wait to purchase the 2021 5442s over the current version?