2021 April Dahua Full Color Camera

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PTZ at large apertures is very expensive.
I prefer prime lenses.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@tech101 considering how well the Z12E which is 2MP on the 1/2.8" sensor works for LPR duty, I wouldn't waste a 2MP with a 1/1.8 sensor on LPR!

I would be using it optically zoomed in to get an incredible night image. I would have to think a 2MP on a 1/1.8 sensor would absolutely rock at night time compared to the 4MP counterpart unless you have a ton of light at night, but even then I think the 2MP would rock.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

@bigredfish any thoughts on this 1 1.8 @ 2mp for Maybe LPR :D or overview..

seems like 8 mm–48 mm

I have not at-least noticed this one before.
Agree with @wittaj the pairing of the 1/1.8 with a 2MP camera should make for a low light monster. Not really needed for LPR, but might be great for a long shot in a big backyard, or for those who want to keep a tight shot for ID on vehicles parked street side for example....

I would like to try one of that series....

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Definately tempted to try for the low light performance exactly. I was thinking might be nice for overview of LPR @ night.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How much do you think it will cost, starting price?

***************Just get the news from dahua, the 1st full color 4K bullet 1/1.2 sample will be ready tomorrow. So early May we can see the testing review. :headbang:
Will ask them send some pics tomorrow, for fun!!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
***************Just get the news from dahua, the 1st full color 4K bullet 1/1.2 sample will be ready tomorrow. So early May we can see the testing review. :headbang:
Will ask them send some pics tomorrow, for fun!!
Andy, post the specifications when you get them. Some of us are highly interested in this model.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What's this one?

I wouldn't get too excited if it is. Looking at the woodland image and another dark image later on, the picture looks fuzzy and there's ghosting - it's obvious the gain is well up and shutter well down to achieve the image. The ones in the town look a whole lot better due to the ambient light. As Andy pointed out, it's obvious this camera needs light. Still biased towards the Hik at this point and will be interested to see a back to back with that and a 5442. I also think the Hik may need revisitiing once they run out of US chipsets, as performance may change.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that 4 LED white lights on that beast or IR or both?