Xeon E3-1225 - No hardware acceleration?

Reaction score
Blue Iris version 4.4.1.3
Windows 7 32-bit operating system

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics P4600/P4700
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_041A&SUBSYS_30A517AA&REV_06

If I enable overall default hardware acceleration, all my h.264 cameras return "No Signal". If I disable overall HA and enable it just for one camera, then that camera shows "No Signal". My goal was to take advantage of the hardware/processor, but it doesn't appear to be working (correctly, anyway.) Is it possible that this Xeon variety of Intel Hardware Acceleration is not supported, because the hardware ID doesn't match anything in the BI source code?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris version 4.4.1.3
Windows 7 32-bit operating system

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics P4600/P4700
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_041A&SUBSYS_30A517AA&REV_06

If I enable overall default hardware acceleration, all my h.264 cameras return "No Signal". If I disable overall HA and enable it just for one camera, then that camera shows "No Signal". My goal was to take advantage of the hardware/processor, but it doesn't appear to be working (correctly, anyway.) Is it possible that this Xeon variety of Intel Hardware Acceleration is not supported, because the hardware ID doesn't match anything in the BI source code?
Are you running BI as a service? If so, thats your problem...Hardware acceleration while running windows 7 AND BI as service simultaneously wont work..either go to W10 or disable the service...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeesh . . . Win10? Why didn't I pursue this little wrinkle several weeks ago, while it was still free?

Thanks for the info!
This issue has been known for a while...I dont know if the developer can or has any plans to resolve it in w7...you can email support and ask..
Yeah, I upgraded all my machines to 10 except for the pc I use with media center..works great with BI...
You still may be able to get the free upgrade
http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/
Make sure you have the BI key, you will likely need to re-enter it..

Harrywho

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you running BI as a service? If so, thats your problem...Hardware acceleration while running windows 7 AND BI as service simultaneously wont work..either go to W10 or disable the service...
Would you know if this also applies to 2008RC2 Server? At it also uses the win7 kernel.

Regards....