Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Both 2 cams has same base, so use the same junction box PFA122 and wall mount. 4KT-180 just a little fat than the IPC-Color4K-T180, can call it a MINI multi-lens camera.
View attachment 147710

View attachment 147711
Any idea on when the turret will be available on Amazon? I wanted to pull the trigger on the bullet cam, but figured the size would be too much for my house. The turret looks like it would be perfect.
And as always, thanks @Wildcat_1for your reviews and hard work on editing videos.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not been able to keep up with this thread as well as I would like, so I’m sure this question has already been asked. Will this camera and the stitching be compatible with BI? I was not sure if it would be one stitched image or if each lens would be a different feed. If this has been addressed, can someone point me toward the post? Thank you!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All

As promised, I’ve completed and uploaded the final part of this camera test, the Turret night testing. I know I said I was just going to do a few clips but since the turret has become a favorite form factor (especially for this camera), and yo know me, I wanted to take some time and go through multiple lighting scenarios as I did with its bigger Bullet Cam brother. Therefore this is a 17 minute video and includes feedback from this forum on things you wanted to see.

I will add timestamps in at a later time + will also re-link all video for this set of reviews to the first page posts for easy reference of new viewers to this thread.

A lot of work has gone into this camera from a bug and testing perspective, I hope you’ve found it useful and if so please do consider liking and subscribing in YouTube.

I will look at providing a wrap up post here as well on findings etc but included a shorter one in the video (again per feedback, thanks !) too. For those asking me which one of these cams I would pick, Turret for sure. Not only can it easily keep up with its bullet cam brother BUT critically its one of the few smaller turret form factors that includes 4 illuminators (usually limited to 2) which makes it ideal for those that want a smaller form factor but rely on on-camera light. I compare to the legendary 4K-T and that definitely still has an edge on 4K at night (sharpness, minimal noise) but of course does not offer the flexibility of the 180 camera. Therefore deployments that feature both (along with other cams of course) would be a strong recommendation for a really nice setup. On top of this the ability to use as an amazing addition to a PTZ activation scenario is a definite thumbs up.

For those tracking my posts on issues seen. There are a couple left that I flagged with Dahua that they are working on:

1. SD card buffering / frame drop issue - I’ve tied this to E-PTZ use scenarios overwhelming system resources, disabling this will resolve issue for now
  2. Noise - Further tweaks could assist in reducing noise impact quality - Have recommended a few minor (and I do mean minor) tweaks to this. Can also mitigate with settings I show in the video
  3. Splicing algorithm shows the actual splice point more evidently at night - Made recommendations on ‘similar pixel’ algorithm to address
Enjoy and remember to select 4K on YouTube

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hahah @wittaj already looking for new toys and. Christmas gifts ? ;)
You know it LOL. We need some 1/1.2" sensor varifocals. Oh and how about a wishful thinking 4/3 sensor autotracking PTZ for $300 LOL.

Another great video and comparison.

It appears to me this camera was holding its own to the 4K/T. It appeared to have better close range focus than the 4K/T.

I noticed that for this and the 4K/T you are running the NR a lot higher than previous cameras (or maybe that is just my memory LOL). What would be the upper limit NR you would say not to go past for the 4K/T and this camera?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You know it LOL. We need some 1/1.2" sensor varifocals. Oh and how about a wishful thinking 4/3 sensor autotracking PTZ for $300 LOL.

Another great video and comparison.

It appears to me this camera was holding its own to the 4K/T. It appeared to have better close range focus than the 4K/T.

I noticed that for this and the 4K/T you are running the NR a lot higher than previous cameras (or maybe that is just my memory LOL). What would be the upper limit NR you would say not to go past for the 4K/T and this camera?
May be your memory :) I usually run NR at 34 or 38 no higher than that to get a blend of some noise reduction without ruining details. On the 4Ks (spliced or native) this will work well but native 1/1.2” sensors you can reduce a little more 34-36 and handles it well. Also remember to drop your gamma, I generally recommend to 40 as a good starting point.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^ I agree. The next step in the PTZ world would be for a smaller platform with the larger sensors. I guess in the industrial world, size is not a problem.

Edit: Also they do not have wives to get things by. :p

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I added a panoramic camera outside, but mine has 4 cameras that stitch into one image.
It was a "new old stock" unit, but at 1/3rd the price of the camera mentioned here I bought it.

1670986981338.png

This is a portion of the image showing sunstrike.
The two inner cameras are affected but not the outer cameras so much.
1670983402059.png

Which has got be curious, how well does two cameras perform with sunstrike?
Is more imaging sensors better for splicing cameras?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So @Wildcat_1 what is the latest firmware for the T180? I received 2 of them last night and they have System Version:3.120.0000000.2.R Build Date:2022-10-21 installed

Also, since you have just finished testing the turret, do you have any recommended initial day/night image settings?

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The firmware is the latest new one, Actually the settings all show on the video, @Wildcat_1 post different video based on different light situation.
For the camera's exposure, brightness,gamma settings can adjust based on the using environment.

1671011206120.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll post some day/night settings on the thread too to make it easier. Give me a few hours as head down on something but will then post here

aMike101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So @Wildcat_1 what is the latest firmware for the T180? I received 2 of them last night and they have System Version:3.120.0000000.2.R Build Date:2022-10-21 installed

Also, since you have just finished testing the turret, do you have any recommended initial day/night image settings?
That is what i have to, i can't find the flip image option lol